Saw this and thought of Mike Klotz!

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Man, that almost brings tears to my eyes, seeing that level of craftsmanship and creativity. Dont' have a transmission? just build one. EVERY TINY PART OF IT !!! insane. I'd love to see an indepth video of the build.

SHUT THE HECK UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

and many more gestures of nearly obscene disbelief.:blink:

Good one zuum! :cool:

Really? You just built yourself a transmission? Really?...you have that kind of time? Wait...you have that kind of patience?...oh yeah...and you are REALLY that smart?

Germans...beyond mere humans!:D

SHUT THE HECK UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Worth it if he pulled a smokey burn out to 50 then flipped over a few times from the torque, sparks flying, screaming sounds.... :lol:

Why only 360 hp? some of those radial engines made monster power. Maybe they wouldn't fit?

Why only 360 hp? some of those radial engines made monster power. Maybe they wouldn't fit?

You have to understand, that's 360hp at probably 1800ish rpm. That means it's just over 1000 ft/lbs. You can motivate a whole bunch of car with 1000ft/lbs of torque.

666 foot pounds.

DEVIL CAR

but still... that would motivate that lil' gogomobil quite well. And high compression for these motors is considered around 7.5:1 thanks to what happens to octane at altitude.

Turbo that thing...

I like the torque converter :) I'm guessing it's a 24v system? It has two batteries too. I'm wondering if he actually made the gears from scratch, or modified existing ones to work. I know it says he build the transmission.....I just didn't see anything about the gears. He obviously didn't build the torque converter, but he sure did a lot of work to it to make it work.

Not as hard as trying to stop with the little ass brakes under those tiny wheels!! :eek: :lol:

I guess we will just have to wait until the youtube videos to know how it turns out :eek: