My new Project 620 KA24DE

KA620

Hey everyone, just wanted to introduce myself before i began to post more often. Me and my dad own Vildini Motorsport in Mission Viejo, CA and we currently have the Silver 240z with SR20DET (Making 508 whp) which is on our home page and was on display at JCCS this year and the past year. I have had 3 other 240Zs, one of which was also featured in Super Street in 2003 and then got stolen about a week after the issue had come out. Then i had a 73 240z with an L28et which Art Rinner now owns (Sunrise Z), and then a 72 240z with L28 3.0L and triple carbs (widebody and CCW wheels).

I just picked up this 75 Datsun 620 actually from the JCCS parking lot where it was listed for sale.

Plans for the truck:

Exterior:

`Repaint (even though it was just painted less than a year ago, but body is straight and has no dings or rust) New color will be - Silver Gray Metallic Clearcoat from a 2004 BMW 3 Series

`Get new euro taillights

`BMW E30 front projector headlights

`Build custom panels in the bed of truck to prevent outward dings from stuff being in there

`Find a tounneau (sp?) cover or make one

Engine:

`KA24de 5spd swap (Stock ecu, harness, injectors)

`Powdercoated valve color (yet to be decided on color)

`Lightweight aluminum crank pulley

`B&M style short shifter

`4-1 240sx custom header with 2.5" complete mandrel exhaust

`Working A/C

`Aluminum radiator

`Baker Preceision 15lb battery

`Rip out factory battery tray

Brakes:

`Brandons brake brackets for Z32 front disc brakes and Isuzu rear disc brakes

Wheels:

`Currently will clean up the slotted mags but eventually go with the Rota Grid 16x8 +10 offset in bronze

Interior:

`Reupholster dash

`New autometer gauges

`Install new carpet

`Decide whether or not to keep the factory reupholstered bench seat or switch to two buckets

And finally, pictures of the truck in its current state (click to view larger):

28121433454.jpg 28121433368.jpg 28121433475.jpg 28121433433.jpg

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well he was asking $3500 when i was there, but i offered him $2700 before he was leaving and he said OK!

The truck has absolutely no rust and the L20B with the Weber runs VERY VERY STRONG!!! Chirps through 3rd gear. Too bad it will be going bye bye...

I love my 620 with the ka24e, I wouldn't mind a turbo though :D I was PM'n a dude who was trying to fit AC in with his ka. He ended up going with the L 20 last I heard. I personally haven't tried it yet. Have you read my write up on the ka swap? I'm sure it will be cake for you though :D Being a shop owner and all :)

Thanks for the welcomes guys!

Yea i went ahead and did a lot of researching the day before i got the truck. Thats how i found out what brakes to go with (already talked to Fineline about ordering some brackets soon) and how i wanted to go about things. If more power is needed the turbo is always do-able but i will probably keep it as is (stock KA powerplant) to get me to and from school and work for now.

I will let you know a price tomorrow, but it does have the 4spd trans.

It is an L20b with the A87 head. Has a new cap and rotor as well as new 7mm plug wires. The motor is currently running a weber dgv 32/36 but i also have the stock carb and intake manifold with linkage as well.

Yea the hooks were shaved off, i like it this way. The mags are going to stay on for a little while unless i find something i really really want.

Yea it was advertised for $3500 but i wasnt going to pay that either so i got it for a decent bit cheaper.

I will definitely have tons of pictures during the complete swap and we are also going to be pulling the body off to clean up and re-paint the chassis and shell.

Here is a teaser photoshop pic i just did lowering the truck as it sits right now (Click on the thumbnail to view larger):

28402470922.jpg

• 1 month later...