I am so proud

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That I am a member of this site as compared to others I belong too, lol. *sigh*

I am gonna have to try and restrain myself from visiting any other sites I belong too. Tooooo much misinfo out there. peace.

Me to :D The only other forum I go to is the realm. Most other forums sucks!

... this is the only forum i'm a member of and actively read new posts and reply and share and ramble... i was trying to get active on the explosm.net forums (totally unrelated) but they're a bunch of tools... so i just read the comics. ... since i brought it up, cyanide and happiness is hillarious.

... this is the only forum i'm a member of and actively read new posts and reply and share and ramble... i was trying to get active on the explosm.net forums (totally unrelated) but they're a bunch of tools... so i just read the comics. ... since i brought it up, cyanide and happiness is hillarious.

haha yes that comic is great. The only forum I hit is this one. I might go check some others but never post anything because I dont feel my .02 is worth my time there. I <3 ratsun.net Thank you admins and the community for making this a great place!

Went to (NWDE) and started a post. Nothing has happened in three days now. That was yesterday. The only reply was me. Three times!

Me to :D The only other forum I go to is the realm. Most other forums sucks!

nwde has sucked all weekend. I replied to my post a total of eight times and no body is out there, or no sense of humor, or (even funnier) think I was serious. I give up!

Every one and anyone who counts ... is here. This (ice)House Is .... Rockin'!!!!!!!!!

Went to (NWDE) and started a post. Nothing has happened in three days now. That was yesterday. The only reply was me. Three times!

nwde has sucked all weekend. I replied to my post a total of eight times and no body is out there, or no sense of humor, or (even funnier) think I was serious. I give up!

Doug has the details, but the primary one is the hosting site. The NWDE club pays the hosting fee, and a better host means more $$$. Until then...

Your ramblings are funny as shit haha I like the tree house bit the best haha

haha yes that comic is great. The only forum I hit is this one. I might go check some others but never post anything because I dont feel my .02 is worth my time there. I <3 ratsun.net Thank you admins and the community for making this a great place!

I first I thought that said "I greater than three" :D haha I get it now :)

Doug has the details, but the primary one is the hosting site. The NWDE club pays the hosting fee, and a better host means more $$$. Until then...

That has nothing to do with why it got so quiet. Icehouse and Bleach decided not to post there anymore, took most of the active users with them, and that killed off 80% of the traffic. The rest left because it was so quiet, or because who was left kept pointing them here.

I realize the main problem was the forum was error-ridden and laggy. I fixed the error pages when I upgraded the forum software, but it was too little, too late. Mostly my fault for letting it go that long- I was hoping the hosting site would fix the ASP problems but the root cause was and still is to an extent that the forum database simply got too big.

In any case the forum won't be a part of the new site- it's irrelevant, underused, and not in the interest of the social club it belongs to. Because that's the real issue- NWDE is not a car club, it's a social club loosely associated around a car brand. Fine for a group of 50+ folks, not likely to grow.

Hang 510...and anyone else I guess...

Stickers are on my puter...which is a a bazillion pieces in my garage...stupid technology.

Good news is...should be fixed n a week or 2...better news is I may have a printer for vinyl multicolor sticks as well as my vinyl cutter...

That has nothing to do with why it got so quiet. Icehouse and Bleach decided not to post there anymore, took most of the active users with them, and that killed off 80% of the traffic. The rest left because it was so quiet, or because who was left kept pointing them here.

I realize the main problem was the forum was error-ridden and laggy. I fixed the error pages when I upgraded the forum software, but it was too little, too late. Mostly my fault for letting it go that long- I was hoping the hosting site would fix the ASP problems but the root cause was and still is to an extent that the forum database simply got too big.

In any case the forum won't be a part of the new site- it's irrelevant, underused, and not in the interest of the social club it belongs to. Because that's the real issue- NWDE is not a car club, it's a social club loosely associated around a car brand. Fine for a group of 50+ folks, not likely to grow.

Well, guess that's what happens when I miss meetings (the last 3 in a row - not my fault :( ), but there could've been something in the newsletter.

Hmmmm, I resemble that remark. And we are growing...well, at least some us around the middle, hehehehehehe. Bar-keep! another round.... :D

Hope there's plans to keep the forum available in read-only mode, or migrate the good info to here 'cuz there's quite a bit of goodness in there.

As i know nothing about the upkeep of a site of forum(but greatly appreciated that it is done), What happens to the site after the nwde club stops supporting it? Somebod has to support it personally? Are the archived still accesible if it is shut down? Can the archives be tranfered to this site?

Remember I know nothing about this forum upkeep, but there is a lot of goo info in the archives of nwde, even if not much has been contributed to it in the last year.

Jason

The NWDE site will be there. It will be pared down to basically an announcement page for the next meeting and a link to the newsletter.

The main problem is that the site has basically no content. I can't pull content out of my a$$, which is a constant complaint from the persons who write the club newsletter as well. The problem is the club has less than 30 members and less than a dozen active ones who do anything- and they're all pretty much folks who have been friends for years. It's a social club. None use the forum that's there- Randy Ayers (a former NWDE member, there are far more of those than current ones. Kind of like Catholics...) set up the forum as a way to get info out, but once again, none of the members used it. Folks found it via search engines, then word of mouth (or email). I only took over that site to keep the Forum going, I really never wanted to run the site.

But the forum that's there is way too big and unwieldy for the traffic it generates. When it had 3 dozen users and 70 posts a day, it was the right size. Now it isn't. The problem was, its size spelled its doom when the hosting site decided to reorganize the server pool. It only works now because there's so few users.

I can't archive what's there... you need the full running forum software to read it, even in inactive mode. It's too big to migrate to a different database. It's 3 times the recommended size for an Access database, and twice the size of an affordable SQL database. I could recreate it- empty- but why? It's redundant. Everyone is here, now.

So, the NWDE site will go back to a basic static page meant to promote the club, which can't even promote itself. I'm tired of trying to maintain something no one uses. It's like the old dial-in BBSs from the 1980s-early 90s. At some point, you just gotta let it go.

When it comes to online forums, it's all about people. No matter how nice your site is, or how well it runs, without the people, just doesn't work. And the people bring the content. No users, No posts, No good

I REALLY wanted to become an active nwde member (shortly before Ratsun) but the pages were too slow (technical, no BIG deal) and there just wasn't enough traffic. It will be sad to lose the archives, lots of good info, BUT everyone's still around, and the conversations can be had again.

Cheers to our admins/mods, things are invisibly well maintained here. Your hard work is MUCH appreciated!

Love,

Kiznook

yes! thanks to everyone who keeps this going! an thanks doug for your hard work!

I really want to add my thanks too! I love the mix here. Older, younger, and in the middle. It is all covered.

THe problem is this place is so damn fun I am not getting any work done! It is like every time I accomplish the littlest thing at work I reward myself by jumping on the forum to see who's said what! 20 min later I am still here.

At first I would check in once a day, now it is every 10 min! "Hmmm I just farted, let me reward myself with a little Ratsun break."

Hell I am only in General discussion, I have a lot more catagories to troll through this morning, better get to it!