CIMG2276_Large_.JPG

Laurel

CIMG2221_Large_.JPG

510 in Drag

CIMG2189_Large_.JPG

620 on Volks

CIMG2181_Large_.JPG

SR20DET in a Z car

I have a TON of pics, so feel free to request anything in particular.

A few candid Ratsun member shots...

L to R Jason, Phiz, Javin, Robert, Mike, Me, Ron, Guy, Ray

P1010239.jpg

the car crazy TV show host,,Barry meguiar. BTW Steroid & myself just happened to walk behind him as he was doing a take...:D

P1010160.jpg

Ray chatting with Jay leno...

P1010159.jpg

2 photographers busy @ work...

P1010237.jpg

towards the end of the show Ron wanted to take a nap :cool: JK

P1010260.jpg

P1010382.jpg

Thats actually my dad in the background with the semi-long hair. Im picking up that 620 this afternoon, it was for sale in the parking lot.

IM FRIGGIN EXCITED!!!!

Oh and we are also the ones with the silver 240z and v-mount sr20det setup. Our shop is http://www.vildinimotorsport.com

I will intro myself when i pick up the 620 today.

Alex

what did Jay Leno talk about? Was he showing a car or just looking around?

He drove one of these in:

03_cosmo_sport_screen.jpg

Mazda Cosmos.

Hung out for an hour or so, ate a hot dog, grabbed a magazine, then drove away again.

Seemed like a really down to earth type guy. Never got angry at all the people hounding him for pictures.

Man, it was a SUPER AWESOME day!! The weather was incredible...could see the hills all the way from Long Beach!! It started off (For Me at least. Guy never went to sleep. He was working all night on His truck!! I slept 3 hours) at a little after 03:00. Guy, Yvette, Jason and I hooked up at an ARCO about 50 or so miles from L.B. and drove there arriving about 6 to the gas station where We met and I off loaded Funtana. Now the caravan is ON!!! We got split up on the freeway (LEADFOOT Ron!!!!!! LOL!) I called Mark who was making breakneck 320 speed to try to tell Him where We were headed. Mark, Jason, Guy and Yvette we falling behind a-ways. The 4 of Us got split up from the 4 of them but arrived at the gate almost together! Man, it took Me back 32 years traveling in 620s down the cement So. Cal. freeways bouncing along at 60+ mph!!! I did this so many times in My youth and following Derek in His awesome orange wrapkit truck and Ron was like going back in time!! Very, very cool. There is nothing like looking out of a 620 windshield on a freeway with more 620s ahead of You while everyone passing You is "rubbernecking" at Our trucks!! We got in and Derek was kept outside awaiting "standby statis" to be allowed to enter. The bummer was that after about an hour, JCCS staff finally told Him NO even with room in the truck area for at least 4 more trucks. Later, Mark and I saw the box of entry envelopes (about 20) of vehicles that didn't show up, so this is an area (MY opinion) as well as the way trophys are handed out, that needs to be changed. Sorry Derek, but it was VERY COOL meeting You and crusing with You!! I hope to see You again. Your truck looks awesome! Anyway, from here basic show events..... Cleaning, ice chests and chairs out, mingling, etc. Hey!!! There's Jay Leno!!! Cool. I had met Him twice before at the Harley Love Run so I left Him alone. But very nice to everyone He met. Hey!! There's Pam Anderson!!! not! I told Mark I should screem that though to start a riot!! So I'm at My truck and up walks a guy I haven't seen in 28 or so years. It's Eric Thorsen who once owned the truck (see http://www.the620.com in 70s flashback) Inside Moves. We walked around for about an hour throwing names back and forth and catching up. So what's He driving now? How about the gorgeous metallic pearl 510 wagon (see in page one photos). I threw one name at Him and He said "let's give Him a call"!! Marty Smith, who wrote in Truckin' magazine and others years ago. Marty was in My first club the Dead End Kids (which got it's name because of 510s, Pintos, Vegas and other foreign cars that no other club would allow). Marty had a 510 wagon at that time before purchasing a 620 that later became the Hobbit. Marty's tie down hooks were the first ones that I ever removed in 1975! I got to hook up later after the show with Him and Mark and catch up and throw around more names. I haven't seen Marty since about 1978 also. Crazy how these old friends keep popping up. He handed Me a large box of goodies for My magazine collection as well as 3 620 shop manuels!! Very cool. After the trophy presentations (which REALLY need to be revised) it was picture by the bay time and then departure. Ron's the MAN!!! As Him about His "photo shoot"!!!!! We have all agreed that none of Us will ever expect a trophy (You might remember My story from the 1st show) but with 14 Datsun trucks in attendance, this will become Our favorite cruise-SWDE get together. And an awesome place it is. For the $$$, though, it is well worth it even if none of Us ever gets a trophy. $40.00 gets You entry, goodie bag (stuffed!!) AND a t-shirt!! Last year Guy and I spent almost twice that, only one item in a PAPER goodie bag, NO t-shirt and only a cheap "commerative participant" license plate at the Route 66 Rondevous. Also, both days We had to "hunt" for a parking space. So this, folks, I think (My opinion) is the best place for Us all to go each year. We met new faces, saw old faces, got many, many ideas and had an awesome day!! Next year is a must!! But once again, get Your registration in EARLY!!!! As in the day it starts. Maybe next year there will be over 20 Datsun trucks!! See You next year!!!!