Who wants a 620?

]2eDeYe

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah.. that looks like a long bed too.. boy, my wife would shoot me for sure if I bring another home.

Hey.. Datsun had a 1 ton.. Not all longbeds are considered 1 tons are they? How do you know a 1 ton is a 1 ton? Sure would like to have one of those.

i am buying one tomorrow that looks and is priced just like that. and it also needs a carb. weird.....except on the other end of the country. pics tomorrow, this forum.

edit-might as well ask know that i posted about it. dude says the carb spits out the gas, does this mean it's shot? or could i repair it? also where can i get a cheap carb just to get it rolling? this will be my first carburated motor, so i hope you guys will help me out! it's a 74 620 btw

I'm with Hainz find a new weber (not the grille) Spend free time driving the truck. Not trying to figure out which hole in the in carb the BB fell out of... Then convincing yourself it was unnecessary :D

i think it is a stock carb, i think i will def get a new one. it looks like he already dropped the bb, whatever that means. he took it all apart. i bought it today but uhaul wouldn't rent me a car dolley because i drive a 98 frontier. so i didn't bring it home yet. i have towed cars that weigh 3 times as much as this little truck. i'll get it home tomorrow and take some pics.

If the fuel is coming up out of the tubes at the top of the air horns, the float is not set right or stuck and the bowl is filling up and over flowing. The kit for the stock hitachis is about $17....a weber hit is about $30.

'78 longbeds aren't one ton. In fact, Nissan never advertised them as one ton in the US, only in Europe/Asia where one tonne is a different number (metric ton).

The main reason was the brakes, not the load carrying capacity. But '72-74 had heavier springs than the remaining years (folks didn't like the harsh ride, so Nissan softened the springs to match the advertised load). Only the cab/chassis models in '76-on had the heavy springs, and you don't see any of those anymore.

There's also 2 types of '73-74 springs... the 5 pack are actually weaker than the 3-pack those years, but the 3 pack are huge. Nissan rated them as 1/2 ton trucks even with the heavy springs, but I had no problems putting 17 sheets of 5/8" drywall (1310 lbs) in my '74. The tires weren't happy, but I had a couple inches left to the stops. 13 sheets (1000 lbs) in my mom's Ranger had it on the bump stops.

That's 2,200 lbs!!!

I once had 60 plus, 20lb boxes of head lettuce in my 521 (don't ask) absolutely squashed the tires and bent the springs flat and could see half the hub caps, but ran good for the mile home. No ill effects. Awesome trucks, do anything asked of them.

The way to tell a shortbed from a long bed????? Easy!!! All shortbeds have 4 tiedown hooks on each side. Longbeds have 5. My fourdoor's bed has only 3. Anybody ever see the ad with "Too Tall Jones" (70s basketball player) laying in a longbed???