Some Japanese Dattos...

datsunfreak

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

god triple posting?... sorry

i figured this one out at least, it's a 1973 mazda "poter pick up" ?

bo-kei.jpg

hehehe look how tiny it is :D

lol, 10" wheels?! Looks like a 521 for carebears... midget carebears :D. Teh secks, I'd buy one if we had them!!

Sweet! Whats with all the 5 lug hardbodies? And a 520? Adaptors?

There's what looks like a 5 lug 520 there too?

and that's a JDM guy standing next to it. Imagine a full sized person!

that was bad, I know.

HAHAHHAHA stereotypes exist for a reason. in some cases because of reality, in some cases because of perceptions of reality. in this case, reality.

it's amazing to me because my idea of my "finished" project would end up with something almost this small making about 200 hp (the stock E36, that lil truck, made about 65hp) ... maybe a chopped top too :D

god triple posting?... sorry

i figured this one out at least, it's a 1973 mazda "poter pick up" ?

bo-kei.jpg

hehehe look how tiny it is :D

Nobody mentioned the fact that this guy has won some kind of award and LOOK how happy he is with the trophy!!!!!:P

WAIT..look how estatic all the people behind him are!!!

HAHAHHA... yea he won "best kei car" i believe.. something about coolest thing trailored in in his pocket...

but yea, what's the deal with all the seriousness? and i'd think with all those japanese people in one picture there'd be at least one peace sign somewhere

HOLD IT..after lookin real close...there is a guy in a Green t-shirt and HE IS SMILING!..hope nobody in Japan sees this..that is for sure a lack of self control on his part!!! punishable by some sort of painful something or other....

he's also the only one in a bright colored shirt... or a colored shirt for that matter.. well there's a person way off in the distance walking away wearing red, or maybe that's just a really tiny person off to the side?.. haha... i still want that truck. i was watchin a hardbody drive down the road and turn around in the cul-de-sac right out the window here and realized, that would be a really good one to chop up and miniaturize. hmm

Mexico... SoCal... What's the difference... :D

its crazy how much the japanese love the lowrider scene here in the states. its not uncommon to see lowrider magazine cover shows in japan... lots of 64 impalas made their way out there....

I want to get three, and stuff 'em in my garage...when you open the door..."Figaro! Figaro! Figaro!"

I would need three of then to get the family around. That And I would have to teach my 8 year old how to drive because I'd look like Hightower in Police academy trying to drive that micro machine!

its crazy how much the japanese love the lowrider scene here in the states. its not uncommon to see lowrider magazine cover shows in japan... lots of 64 impalas made their way out there....

Actully, Lowrider Magazine Prints a Japanese edition of the magazine. I pick it up eveyonce in awhile. I get it down in International District at a World Market.

And the U.S exports alot of classic and full size cars to Japan. I have also seen full size and Mini trucks form the U.S in these magazines. It is a status Symbal to drive a big car in Japan. You cant get the big luxury cars there so they import them. It isnt uncomman to see a Lowrider Impala, Lincoln Town car, or caddy go for 300,000 Yen which is close to 30, to 35K in the states..roughly,,(,I am not quite sure of the rate exchange.. I was told it was about 10% of the yen., so dont jump all over me if Iam wrong) So if you have a luxury car you want to sell, export it to Japan...

i was just checking out some truck show coverage from japan.. links from here.. other stuff.. got bored.. anyway, i think it's so interesting how we love the japanese stuff and they love the american stuff. like one of the ones the guy won best full size with a completely stock full size gmc reg cab that was on airbags. not a crazy suspension, just basic bolt in airbags to drop it a few inches for the look and raise it back up for driving. stock wheels. over here it's just a basic work truck, no power options, no chrome grill, regular five speed tranny. but over there it's a big deal cause it's so expensive to own and i guess it's the same as like a 1200 ute or something over here... altho not nearly as expensive to own. (mmm 1200 ute... i will own one, someday).

any interesting pics out of the japanese lowrider mags you wanna share 1lo?

As soon as I get a lesson in posting pics I will post a bunch. I think I need to get together with Redeye or Bleach and get a basic lesson in picture posting. I feel like such a twit, that I dont know basic computer skills...I will get pics soon....I hope..lol:o

go to photobucket.com and learn how to setup an account and upload pics to their server. when you do that it'll give you a couple of specific url's (web addresses), one of them has the "prefix" , that's the one you want to copy and paste into your post.

Somebody posted up a link to Datsun owners UK on a thread. I have gone back and read their forum a few times. Too funny. Hey, just like this one it's cheap entertainment. A guy from the UK site posted up a couple of links that I though were cool. Dig the transporter or what ever it is. Dude, I wnat one!!

http://www.conceptnissan.com/1970/1973_evtruck.jpg

Here is the home page I think;

http://www.conceptnissan.com/