Phil's 510 2 door. The tranny 68

ive been collecting front end parts for a while now. im running 280zx struts with 510 perches, kyb gr2 strut inserts, and nissan comp lowering springs, 280zx hubs with arp studs, new ball joints with poly dust boots, poly lca bushings, with old school camber adjusters, techno toy tc rods, new 555 tie rods with poly dust boots, and a experimental engineering delrin idler arm bushing. im missing some pictures:fu:

2009-09-06201335571.jpg

longstudhub.jpg

strutassembly.jpg

longstudsonsapporowheels.jpg

• Replies 730
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

a while back i dropped off my 68 x-member to Nelson from Altered Motives. he did all the necessary modifications to reverse it. i picked it up today and installed it along with some nos motor mounts. keep in mind that the 68 has slightly higher lca mounting points. i also got rid off the old school camber adjusters. for some reason they hit the idler arm.

68xmember.jpg

xmemberinstalled.jpg

i also mocked up the radiator and fan. radiator is a valeo vw and fan is a 12" ebay special.

radiator.jpg

coolingfan.jpg

more updates to come soon.

on my KAe swap i wasnt going to waste time figuring out how to hook up a speedo cable to the stock guage cluster. i looked at a 240sx speedo but it was to big to fit inside the cluster. so i was at a wrecking yard one day and a idea popped in to my head as i was laying waste to a stanza ka. why not use its speedo. its the same engine too. there is 4 wires that hook up to the back if this thing. i got a headache looking through wiring diagrams. so i said fuck its only 4 wires. two have to go to the speed sensor,one to the ecu, and another to what ever it goes to. on the back of the board there was some makings that gave me an idea on how to wire it up. i mocked it up on the garage floor with a battery, spun the speed sensor. nothing!. i was like shit there has to be a ground. so i wired up a ground to one of the sensors wires, spun the sensor, success i have a working speedo that is backlit!!. i had to trim the guage face so it can fit inside the cluster. i cant exactly say how i mounted the speedo to the cluster, i just used parts from broken toys in the garage. ok so the wiring goes like this. the screw threads you bolt your wires to is, top,bottom,right, and left. the top lug goes to the wire that feeds the speed signal to the ecu.bottom goes to switched power.right goes to speed sensor.left goes to speed sensor, and it also goes to ground. on the wires that go to the sensor i cant say waht wire goes to what wire on the sensor but its only two so if it doesnt work switch them over.

stanza1.jpg

stanza2.jpg

stanza3.jpg

stanza4.jpg

stanza7.jpg

stanza6.jpg

stanza10.jpg:D:fu: