Phil's 510 2 door. The tranny 68

Hey Phil, how sturdy is that rack? I am looking for a way to transport my bike too and wonder how that one feels when mounted.

These things are sturdy as fuck. They are made for it. As soon as it was clamped down I was yanking on the bars to see if they moved. These are strong. The whole car rocked. The bars didn't budge. They are hella expensive for what they are

• Replies 730
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

for a throttle set up i used a mid 80's sentra pedal, that i had to bend like crazy. works awesome. i also installed a a pedal cover to add drama down there. the throttle cable is just the right length, and works without binding. its out of a early 90's toyota hilux v6.

gaspedal.jpg

more updates to come:)

i havent been up to date on this build thread so here goes. i installed hid's, 350z seats a while back, done with the dash, fan control relay, 90% of all wiring is done. the car cranks over but no juice to the ecu yet. new fluids all around. clutch slave with braided stainless line. thats all that i can think of at the moment. more to come:D

asitsits.jpg

350zd.jpg

350zp.jpg

dashboardd.jpg

dashboardp.jpg

lights.jpg

im about 70% done with it. cant wait until its on the road. its going to be my daily.

Thanks but I only drink cola champan. We can crack a bottle of that.

I finished the wiper motor wiring. I ran it through the inside, and popped the wiring through the choke cable hole. About an hour of soldering and shrink tubing the wires. Also bench bled the brake master cylinder. Also ran a tap through all the threads that attach the fenders. I helicoiled some a couple of days a go. I need to fix the threads that attach the bottom of the fender. All my 510's have these bolts with snapped heads. Its killing me.

i was getting impatient. so i just slapped on the crappy valance i had. bolted the fenders on using stainless button head bolts through out. also put my dobi/jc whittney front spoiler ,and zcc front tow hook. bleeded the brakes and clutch with CityHunter last night. i attempted to do a rough front end alignment. im so happy i drove it down the drive way.

car1.jpg

car2.jpg

zcctowhook.jpg

lip.jpg

eng.jpg

all i have to do now is transfer seat belts,cut the exhaust of the 4 door and weld it in, state paperwork and front end alignment.:fu:

here is a small update. i bought a eprom chip that will take my speed limiter off and raise the rev limiter, a socket, and a consult cable. i already ruined a spare ecu trying to desolder the stock chip. so i will take it to a professional. i also found out that the consult wont work on my 8 bit 240sx ecu, so i have to hunt down a 16 bit stanza ecu. those have consult capabilities. i just need to read live sensor data. in order to find out whats causing my car to run slightly rich.

2009-10-08001350.jpg

2009-10-08001305.jpg

for the moment the stock ecu will do just fine.im just happy that i didnt have any major problems building the car. ive been driving it for a couple of days now, and it drives awesome:D thanks Steve!

added a relay to the coil. following the instructions on ka-t.org. i now get straight battery juice:D

2009-10-15171743.jpg

also i got my plates transfered. i added dei liscense plate bolts, a slim rim and stainless hardware. also took the time to do the wiring right the first time around. double heat shrunk:fu:

2009-10-13172744.jpg

2009-10-13172622.jpg

2009-10-13165437.jpg

where did you find the licence plate led mounting bolts i want a set but cant find them anywhere
I got them at baxter auto parts. I think they have a website. Look up dei lite' n boltz. Should be around 25 bucks.

2009-10-13172744.jpg

I wanted share the road plates, but then my boss bought me some pacific wonderland plates right before I moved! They are in good shape and they say 5t-someothernumbers I am jost going to assume the t5t is five ten. haha.they go one when I come home to vist. and have money to re reg my car.

I think your dime is now my favourite dime so far, I like everything you have done to it. and even the colour.

I wanted share the road plates, but then my boss bought me some pacific wonderland plates right before I moved! They are in good shape and they say 5t-someothernumbers I am jost going to assume the t5t is five ten. haha.they go one when I come home to vist. and have money to re reg my car.

I think your dime is now my favourite dime so far, I like everything you have done to it. and even the colour.

thanks. i gotta represent! too bad i havent rode my bike for months. i missed summer:( my back got hurt in the accident.

my car is running rich. i didnt know what my fuel pressure was. so i bought an adjustable fpr to set it and forget it. at idle when i floor it there is considerably less black smoke coming out.

fpr.jpg

running rich cause of fuel pressure is ruled out