Phil's 510 2 door. The tranny 68

• Replies 730
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i took care of the wiper department. Its Oregon. we gotta have working wipers!. i ripped out the old "good" stuff. and only kept the wiper linkage. the linkage needed work so i took it apart, and sprayed that shit with brake cleaner. used synthetic grease throughout, and put on datsun restore's wiper boots. i also bolted on my mazda 626 wiper motor conversion, and working wipers washer system.

wiperpivot1.jpg

newboots.jpg

mazda626wipermotor.jpg

wiperson.jpg

washerbottle.jpg

:fu:

Its also cold here too. so the heater went in. a while back i rebuilt the heater box, and got the heater core refreshed at Mac's radiator. before i put it in i put on a layer of "the suppresor" by COOL IT Thermo Tec. this time ill hook up the heater hoses.

heatercore.jpg

heaterbox.jpg

thesupressorbeforeheater.jpg

heaterinstalled.jpg

:fu:

everyone is always fussing about ka swap's and speedos. i have a ka24e. i took the electric speedo off a 1990 stanza kae. its a 4 wire hook up. one for power,one to feed the ecu, and two to go to the speed sensor. now i have a electric speedo that looks almost stock, and is back lit. you loose the odometer.i said fuck all those guys with factory tachs. im going to rock a clock:fu:

stanzaspeedo.jpg

guagecluster.jpg

I can't wait to drive it!. Steve I must admit I have something of yours too

I have a sohc 240sx speedo and it has 3 connections in the back. any idea on how to hook that up to my dohc ka?
I don't know. I can't imagine it being difficult. Id have to check one out. I ruled a 240sx one out because its too big.

in order to fuel the ka. the fuel system needs to be reworked. im running a inline walbro 255lph, hardline from under the back seat to the firewall, and 5/16 fuel injection hose from tank to hardline, and from fuel rail to hardline. i mounted the pump on the little space underneath the rear seat. i plan on making a water/stone shield for it. im also running a 300zx fuel filter on a 240sx bracket mounted to the inner fender. i love how the fuel lines come up from the firewall. makes for a clean install. i need a couple of fi clamps and wiring to the fuel pump and im done. that will be done when the engine goes in.

walbro255.jpg

fuellines.jpg

i got the car with a mangled front valance. i took the front sheet metal off. now i just have to drill out the spot welds, and find a decent valance. i also installed a steering box brace by Design Products Racing:D

mangledvalance.jpg

dissmanteledfrontend.jpg

boxbrace.jpg