Phil's 510 2 door. The tranny 68

• Replies 730
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am now fully Committed. I have to run the 68 wipers. First layer came off easily. Got ruined in the process. The second layer I have to massage out. Now I can take care if the rust in there. Cant imagine the tedious work that is going to be involved in taking apart the other cowl without messing it up. I'll keep you guys posted . Very nerve wrecking. Had a couple drinks too.

5937b0f4.jpg

b45762a5.jpg

0e9143da.jpg

2ac100b4.jpg

3a03ea54.jpg

c890496b.jpg

30e1b246.jpg

a2e6eb7f.jpg

2563fbeb.jpg

just curious, when you tear this down to you bag and label the bolts/screws? Or just wing it?

Memorize it! I had no problem reassembling my car after I threw all the screws and bolts in a box.

lol my guess would be that james has stock in datsun hardware... phil would be the one to wing it tho.. :lol: :lol:

Yup going to wing it. With stainless!!!

Holy crap Phil! I had no idea you were doing THIS much work on your car! Way to go! If all goes as planned i should be up there this sunday dropping Anthony off to get his wagon.

Yeah man tons more work. See you guys Sunday!

Hell yes! Nice work Phil!

Thanks lots of learning goin on here.

The second panel is a pita. Had to do relief cuts to bend it back. In order to access the spot welds. The 68 one has less spot welds so I'm hoping it comes apart faster. Have to weld up the vin. Only thing I will save from the old cowl.

feaa1497.jpg

3e0862ab.jpg

f19103f4.jpg

0ecbfe5f.jpg

Neat tool tray

297ee3a0.jpg

more......

MOAR OICS!

I can't keep the oics coming. I try to work on it every day. James and victory have tons I think. They should post them!!! Moar oics!!!!!!

You're ripping off the cowl just for that surface rust...?

That be too much work.

Yeah what he said. Shooting for 68 tailpanel too. And 68-69 front valance and markers. Might have a decent 69 dash in the bag!

Can't find a 68 2 door so I'll make my own.

Whats up with all the blankets in phils car you guys arn't making him sleep in there are you lol

Yup I sleep in there snuggled up next to coyotes. They keep me warm.

Sand gets everywhere when blasting . Used them to cover the engine bay.

To add to the keepers pics .

Finished the rust repair on the lower fender. Learned what not to do when welding it up. Blew threw and warped it a little. I did it though!!!!

e93c2a31.jpg

d1d20d38.jpg

Rolled both fenders with hammer and dolly. Took a while. You have to go slow.

d4d42662.jpg

1e16f611.jpg

First step. Try to get them straight as possible. People need to stop leaning on cars!! Creates too much work . Lol

56970d54.jpg

There you guys go. Moar oics!!!!