I think i just got ripped off!!!!!

So I was looking to buy a cheap transmission mount for my Ka swap. after looking around i saw that a guy in the 510 realm that makes them for 110 shipped with the rubber mount included. so i thought that was a good deal. after talking to the guy for a couple days i sent him the money through paypal. my paypal account says that he recieved the money but now the guy wont answer any of my e-mails. now im not shure if he was a honest guy or a theaf. the guy goes by the nick name of (NasaRacing510). have you guys bought anything from this guy??? im wondering if paypal would give me my cash back?? :( this is the page.

http://www.the510realm.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=11608

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would give him a full week then I would open a dispute through paypal. Paypal will award you a refund if nothing is received a set amount of time after you open the dispute. It also alerts him and offers you both a open dialog.

Shit happens too. Whether it be the guy is busy or maybe his computer took a dump, or who knows what. I'd give it a bit to see what happens..

shit does happen, i agree with slodat give him a little time. even i get behind on things and i don't run a business, people pass away and people loos jobs, give benefit of the doupt. if you don't see anything bad about him on the realm, it might not be normal for this guy. if there are other complaints then yeah, file a dispute.

There are a fair ammount of happy people with his products. I'd give it a few days, he seems legit, but I'm sure he's busting his ass making these crossmembers/mounts and shipping them. Paypal gives you 30 days, I think, to file a dispute, and they'll be on your side if it comes to that!

He's been having surgery on his hands I think and I don't know how far he's gotten with that yet. He has had a fair number of guys buy his stuff and they seem OK with him so far. Have you got a telephone number for him? I remember him saying he wasn't going to be able to type for awhile because of the surgery ....

He's been having surgery on his hands I think and I don't know how far he's gotten with that yet. He has had a fair number of guys buy his stuff and they seem OK with him so far. Have you got a telephone number for him? I remember him saying he wasn't going to be able to type for awhile because of the surgery ....

I know what it is to go through a hand surgery, very tough chit.

There's a phone number, have you tried reaching him ? 1-404-374-5498

I know him to talk to. From Florida I think.

GA (close enough)

his name is rodney.

shouldnt be an issue. have not heard of anyone getting screwed or unhappy with his work.

i bought a FI set up from him and have talked many time on the phone.

believe me if there is an issue, it wont take long to resolve!

Looks like I got ripped off by datsunfreak over on JNC forum. And he's a Mod over there!I sent him money for a tach over a month ago and I have yet to receive anything. He doesn't respond to my pm's anymore but I noticed he still replies on the forum. I was thinking of calling him out on the forum but he'll probably just delete the thread.

Edited by jefe de jefes
Looks like I got ripped off by datsunfreak over on JNC forum. And he's a Mod over there!I sent him money for a tach over a month ago and I have yet to receive anything. He doesn't respond to my pm's anymore but I noticed he still replies on the forum. I was thinking of calling him out on the forum but he'll probably just delete the thread.

Go ahead and call him out! He can't stay on line 24 hours a day and by the time he notes and deletes you the message will have been read and propagated around the community. "Don't get mad, get even".

Go ahead and call him out! He can't stay on line 24 hours a day and by the time he notes and deletes you the message will have been read and propagated around the community. "Don't get mad, get even".

I think I'll do that. It's been over a month so I doubt I'll be able to get my money back from paypal.

Try and resolve this nicely first. Ask on line without prejudice. See what happens and go from there. :)

I have been courtious to the guy from the get go. I'm going to try and get my money back from paypal but I think it might be too late. :(

I would contact a fellow admin, possible one with seniority and ask them to resolve the issue. Calling someone out should be like the last resort and all to often people make a big stink out something prematurely. It makes everyone look bad.

Last I checked you can open a paypal dispute within 45 days of the sale and a claim 20 days after the dispute.

If hes a moderator cant you just call Icehouse? The nut doesnt fall far from the tree :) He can do something after all Icehouse made this forum...he obviously knows his moderators I would think? I dont really know how it works but?????

diffrent forum unless he is on both?

So I was looking to buy a cheap transmission mount for my Ka swap. after looking around i saw that a guy in the 510 realm that makes them for 110 shipped with the rubber mount included. so i thought that was a good deal. after talking to the guy for a couple days i sent him the money through paypal. my paypal account says that he recieved the money but now the guy wont answer any of my e-mails. now im not shure if he was a honest guy or a theaf. the guy goes by the nick name of (NasaRacing510). have you guys bought anything from this guy??? im wondering if paypal would give me my cash back?? :( this is the page.

http://www.the510realm.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=11608

Hey man! Im on the same page.. I sent him $90 bucks for some rear disk brakets that was the 7th of last month. I've emailed, called, pmed and I have gotten no answer. Im the one that started asking around in the realm. HE contacted me after he said he got out of surgery and said he'd send me the brackets the next day and contact me...that was like 4 weeks ago and still no answer. The thing that pisses me off is that his account is active in the realm. His last log-in was the 15th of this month he had access to the thread where I ask for my stuff, Access to my emails, and access to my phone messages but still chooses to not answer back :confused: And Ive been more than nice keeping this to pm's and trying to get his side of the story first. If I was a dick I would have started flaming him on all of his for sale post a while ago

Rodney is a good guy I don't know what's going on here... if you still haven't received your items send me a PM I have his number and know where he lives, can give him a call and see what's up

-Alex

Ultimately, you sent him payment. He did not perform. It's called Mail Fraud and your local Postal Inspectors office would be interested in persuing this further if the Pay Pal approach doesn't work out. A heavy handed approach, but this possible future action [especially if he is lurking this discussion] is something that might ultimately be needed.