What did you do to your dime today?

Mesh-71

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You better not drive with ANY spacers .... unless you get longer lug studs (which are almost impossible to install with rear drum brakes)

I'm going to put the other rims back on I just had to see this wheel on the car and make sure the weights would not rub the swing arm and it does not.

You better not drive with ANY spacers .... unless you get longer lug studs (which are almost impossible to install with rear drum brakes)

With an 8mm spacer I ran the stock studs........theres just enough for a good grab.........

.................................just make sure you torque'em and double check it after the first run..........

• Like 1

With an 8mm spacer I ran the stock studs........theres just enough for a good grab.........

.................................just make sure you torque'em and double check it after the first run..........

I'm running a 1/4 in spacer on my rears, only get like 5-6 full threads but it should be enough... I have lost lug nuts before though.

only get like 5-6 full threads but it should be enough... I have lost lug nuts before though.

The general rule of thumb for safety is that you need as many threads engaged as the width of the bolt. So on a 12x1.25 stud (stock), you want at least 12mm of the threads engaged, so 12mm of depth with a 1.25 thread pitch is 9.6 tuns of the lug nut. Any less than that is not "safe". 

If you haven't already, swapping to the 10mm longer Nissan Quest rear studs would solve the problem, and still be easy to install (unlike the ARP studs).  :thumbup:

• Like 1

The general rule of thumb for safety is that you need as many threads engaged as the width of the bolt. So on a 12x1.25 stud (stock), you want at least 12mm of the threads engaged, so 12mm of depth with a 1.25 thread pitch is 9.6 tuns of the lug nut. Any less than that is not "safe". 

If you haven't already, swapping to the 10mm longer Nissan Quest rear studs would solve the problem, and still be easy to install (unlike the ARP studs).  :thumbup:

Yes....true.....but we don't always play by the rules......

Just sayin'........I ran it like that......checked lug torque periodically.......never had one come loose.....

I torqued them to 80lbs........

If you haven't already, swapping to the 10mm longer Nissan Quest rear studs would solve the problem, and still be easy to install (unlike the ARP studs). :thumbup:

I will go seethe partsman at the Nissan dealer here and check out those studs maybe today.

Thanks

Every time I go into the garage to do my laundry my 510 mocks me in a passive aggressive needy way, so I kicked it.

This weekend I'll fix the dent and try and patch things up between us. Having a relationship with an old car is hard work.

ARP #100-7708.

070-100-7708.jpg

Pops right into the stock holes, but they are 2.5" long. Then you can usually run up to a 1" spacer in the rear and a 1.25" spacer up front and still have about 15-20mm of thread engagement. :thumbup:

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/arp-100-7708

I do believe I will for sure need some of those for the front of the car that is all apart and will have the 280zx setup on the front from what I have read. Thanks

ARP #100-7708. 

070-100-7708.jpg

Pops right into the stock holes, but they are 2.5" long. Then you can usually run up to a 1" spacer in the rear and a 1.25" spacer up front and still have about 15-20mm of thread engagement.    :thumbup:

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/arp-100-7708

The ARP studs are 12 x 1.5 thread. That means you'll need lug nuts.

I do believe I will for sure need some of those for the front of the car that is all apart and will have the 280zx setup on the front from what I have read. Thanks

If you're gonna run those Z wheels with 280zx struts you will.........

The ARP studs are 12 x 1.5 thread. That means you'll need lug nuts.

But, it gets you to a thread pitch with waaaaaaaaay more lug nut options.   ;)

As far as I've seen, only Nissan and Subaru use the 12x1.25 pitch. Pretty much every other car company in the world uses 12x1.5.   :thumbup: