What did you do to your dime today?

Mesh-71

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

yeah, the dark theme has always been something i really like but I love my blue as well.

How much is your body shop?

I plan to redo my body because hte last guy simply just painted over the rust.

I can't stand it...

my rust is breaking out everywhere.

I'd love this color 510 but i'm sure it's cheaper to repaint the same color or something along those lines?

So the blue and some white enkei compe 15x8's hopefully.

I totally understand where your coming from with the paint...

I really wasn't going to paint mine but since its not original and there are like 2-3 spots starting to bubble up along with the tiny chips and some retard had most likey stored boxes on the roof and have long scratches the entire length from when they dragged it off :/.

Long story with the body shop, it's actually my future bro-in-laws shop. I did some work for him and he'll strip, prime/paint and tweak my flares. I just am paying for the paint:)

I might as well get it done while the offer is fresh. I already did the work and made his patio/sidewalk/firepit that he wanted

I'm going to go with paint code 567, and most likely power coat my wheels white...

Could've been driving her these past few weeks

Just sucks waiting since I kinda jumped the gun about 2-3 weeks when I tore her down to get ready for paint. Going to swap the motor first starting next week.. ..

I totally understand where your coming from with the paint...

I really wasn't going to paint mine but since its not original and there are like 2-3 spots starting to bubble up along with the tiny chips and some retard had most likey stored boxes on the roof and have long scratches the entire length from when they dragged it off :/.

Long story with the body shop, it's actually my future bro-in-laws shop. I did some work for him and he'll strip, prime/paint and tweak my flares. I just am paying for the paint:)

I might as well get it done while the offer is fresh. I already did the work and made his patio/sidewalk/firepit that he wanted

I'm going to go with paint code 567, and most likely power coat my wheels white...

Could've been driving her these past few weeks

Just sucks waiting since I kinda jumped the gun about 2-3 weeks when I tore her down to get ready for paint. Going to swap the motor first starting next week.. ..

zeq028_zps6739edb1.jpg

heres prob one of the best pictures i can get atm since my garage broke and can`t really get a pic.

well lucky you! i wish i could get my body done. i got some bad bubblingg and if i can get some done nnow, it means less later. i know i won`t have enough to remove all the rust but a grand should be enough $ to remove 4 or 5 spots and repainted i hope.

your cars gonna be awesome man. i want some fender mirrors but body work. ima repaint my bay after i do exterior because i wont be swapping to an l20 for awhile.

Yup!!! That's the color!! Love it. Your car looks great in the pic.... I was going to l20 mine but decided to do this build once and hopefully make all the correct decisions the first time around, so srdet is going in starting next week. I've learned from my past 2 builds of what not to do or do over several times..... so this should be pretty smooth.

And I want your grill!! Wanted trade plus cash?;)

Yup!!! That's the color!! Love it. Your car looks great in the pic.... I was going to l20 mine but decided to do this build once and hopefully make all the correct decisions the first time around, so srdet is going in starting next week. I've learned from my past 2 builds of what not to do or do over several times..... so this should be pretty smooth.

And I want your grill!! Wanted trade plus cash? ;)

Yeah, This is my first build so I'll be doing what I can and a lot of people are going sr and ka but I wanna keep the car old school in a sense.

I'm interested in seeing more of your build.

Nah. i love my grill. it has a few dings but its history and i love it  :thumbup:

I wish I had your stance and wheel setup.

I'm buying 280zx struts this week hopefully and plan to get lower and stanced.

I literally dream of your stance.

Good stuff!!!!

Made progress on engine install.

looks great!!! hoping my dime will look like that in a few weeks ;)

any major unseen hic-cups that you weren't expecting? My motor will be out in a few days...been reading and researching everyday, I should be good to go.

how long did you plan on this swap taking you and are you close to buttoning her up?

looks great!!! hoping my dime will look like that in a few weeks ;)

any major unseen hic-cups that you weren't expecting? My motor will be out in a few days...been reading and researching everyday, I should be good to go.

how long did you plan on this swap taking you and are you close to buttoning her up?

This is actualy the 2nd SR in this car. I bought a swap from a friend who put a LS6 in his. So he was able to swap that into my car in a weekend. A few things were changed for this install and there were quite a few hickups but nothing that was a total show stopper. The biggest pain so far I think was the intercooler and radiator set up. If I had to do it again I would get dimensions of them before I bought them and buildt them out of cardboard so I can make sure it all fits together properly. My cold pipe is going to require some creative fabrication to fit properly. the time it took to do the rebuild is hard to quantify as I am a new father and get very little time to work on the car. If you ever want to ping any ideas off me feel free to PM me.  I'm by no means an expert but I have been researching a lot myself the last few years.

two weeks ago I finaly mounted my rear speakers instead of being in those stupid 6x9 speaker boxes

monday I installed a factory 68 clock and put euro front blinkers on

wednesday I installed LED dash lights   ( wow what a difference

Thursday I instaled a 240Z gas pedal because I broke my plastic stock flipper one while installing the clock ( its ok I hated the stock pedal )

IMG_20130519_180500_354_zpsff19c3e0.jpg

IMG_20130519_180303_334_zpsf690a0f6.jpg

IMG_20130522_215505_175_zps113e1aba.jpg

IMG_20130523_231441_315_zps36746c5b.jpg

Saturday...

Went yardsaling (bike trailer/stroller fits in trunk... cool).

Hit up tuner. 3 hours on dyno. Stinks less. Runs much better.

More "drivable".

Drove.

Today...

Reattached GPS speedo & put steering column cover back on (finally), installed passenger side weatherstrip shit.

Drove (few more yardsales & went back and picked up yesterdays $15 32" LCD) (popped hood for the fellas).

Chinked holes around and under fuel cell thingy. Detailed (wiped down) trunk & back "seat".

Changed plugs

Drove more..

Much better.

so Saturday I was adding snaps to the carpet to keep it secure like stock carpet 

AND trying to remove the stock snap I broke a hole in the floor (It was thin metal and had some prior repair )

so I called James for advice 

welding seemed questionable because of the thin metal around it SO

I took a trip to James and with his smarts and my grunt did a carbon fiber reinforced bondo floor fix 

I didnt get pics as time was not on my side I will try to post some later 

I also sealed the bottom with oil based black enamel paint This fix should last for many years to come the floors are mostly solid and just had a couple soft spots 

Thank you James for your wisdom and use of your tools and materials 

I also dropped off a little surprise for the silver bullet maybe james will post some pics of the results 

Thanks again James 

before

IMG_20130526_141928_495_zpsc9b1e093.jpg

IMG_20130526_141958_732_zps3e5bf08c.jpg[/u

after with some sound deaden-er/ floor stiffener drivers side 

IMG_20130527_163712_092_zps11e4cd00.jpg

IMG_20130527_201654_580_zpsc7412ae2.jpg

passenger side looked like cottage cheese after scraping away the paint but no pics of that 

IMG_20130527_163809_193_zps13b18513.jpg