What did you do to your dime today?

Mesh-71

Guest kamakazi620

Oops, well my car had blue interior, I found that rear seat at a JY with no tears and good cushion. Got it for $40. Both top and bottom. Also got a rear bumper for $25 at the same time. :rolleyes:

Boring u pull u save???

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

One last drive in the 510 before I store it away for winter...

384379_10150526638206834_626601833_10509744_1321724476_n.jpg

Colton. Your a freakin rock star now. You made the cover of Nissan Sport WTG BRO!!!!!

It's the best one I've seen in a while. something worth reading about.

Swapped the old tach back in since the ProSport one I bought crapped out in me. Pulled it out of the garage to clean it up for a big car meet tomorrow then grabbed a beer, pulled up a chair and enjoyed looking at it thinking of all the things I want to do it. Today was a good day.

Okay, so this is a lot, actually a couple days worth, but all in quick succession.

Went to the North San Jose Pick n Pull and found some third generation Prelude seats and took a valve cover and pulled some stuff off of a datsun pickup (can't tell if a 620 or 720 I'm not very well versed in the trucks but I'm getting there). It even had Ratsun stickers on it...

IMG_0014.jpg

IMG_0020.jpg

My good valve cover was off getting bead blasted so I got it as a spare/experiment. So I put the valve cover on my car after I cleaned it and painted the lettering blue just cause... it was crap paint but hasn't melted off yet so w/e.

IMG_0024.jpg

Then I set the prelude seat in the wagon to see what it looked like

IMG_0027.jpg

Looked at it and freaked because it was so far forward.... stupid me had left the rail almost all the way forward mellow.gif... I'm 6'4" so I actually need to have a custom bracket set up welded into the car so I can sit in these without hitting my head on the headliner and so I can get in the car with a helmet on for autocrossing.... Goodbye old stock 510 seats bye.gif... jk not really those things were crap frantics.gif

Then I pulled apart my SUs so I could clean them to be put on the car.

IMG_0063.jpg

Decided that I wanted to get the manifold bead blasted too... So I didn't finish... oh well gotta have something to do tomorrow

Day 1.5

IMG_0067.jpg

Got my other valve cover back like a week early!!! Coolbeans. So I masked it up and sanded it then buffed the crap out of the letters...

IMG_0069.jpg

IMG_0070.jpg

Woohoo! It's subtle... which I like.

I know someone's going to ask for a full body oic so here

IMG_2708.jpg

Tried to clean/reseal my gas tank with the eastwood kit. Did a pretty good job on the clean up part, once I find my camera I'll get some pictures. Screwed up on the resealing though. I guess I didn't get all the acetone out of the tank before I put the tank sealer in and it just coagulated on instant contact. Well at least the tank is clean.

Polished some of the trim, threw on semi polished valve cover so i could get started on the old one. Then stared at her for a while thinking about all the other things I want to do. The list is long and where to start. Well that's for another day..:rolleyes:

0403111740.jpg