What did you do to your dime today?

Mesh-71

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Finally found some time for the project car after all the holiday stuff. Pulled the L20B out to make room for the KA24DE. Will post more pics in a build thread soon...

Anyone want to buy an L20B with a dogleg 5spd?

18e94230.jpg

c87932e1.jpg

Not so clean slate to work with for the KA

199abe57.jpg

Took my homeboy (dimer) to get the oil changed (usually do it myself but for the sake of my cars life I couldn't wait for the weekend). When I drove up I seen a Datsun truck parked on the side, turns out it was there to get the brakes fixed. While getting my oil changed the techs were all asking how much I wanted for my dimer..i just laughed and said...HELLLLL NO!. It's amazing how much our dimers are so loved but not surprising.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Wasn't my 510 but it came into the shop and my boss handed it right over to me. Not doing anything to fancy. Couple things here and there.

Heater core was nasty and leaking and wires looked like a rat's nest.

IMG_0172.jpg

IMG_0180.jpg

IMG_0178.jpg

Parts that were changed.

IMG_0388.jpg

Cleaned up the rat's nest.

IMG_0393.jpg

Core installed.

IMG_0389.jpg

IMG_0391.jpg

Car is still at the shop waiting on a couple more parts. Glove box, Alt. bracket, and a few other minor things. I'll post more as it comes along.

Finished installing my zx rear brakes with steel braided lines! all thats left now is bleed the brakes, getting my tires mounted on my new wheels and waiting for my new set of lug nuts! I havent driven my dime in about 6 weeks and i should have it going again within the week!

• 1 month later...

holy hell did you do that by hand?

in other news in the past 20-30 hours or so I managed a few things:

-plasti-dipped my centerlines (look-a-likes? don't know) flat black

-installed my HID hi beams. I havent had brights since I bought the car a year ago haha

-stole the little roadside emergency engine bay lamp from my Z and threw it in the dime (awesome addition to all Dattos or any old school jap car in my opinion)

-mounted a one of those cheap little 3 gauge pods for water temp, amps and oil pressure and hooked up the backlighting on them (haven't gotten to wiring them in yet)

-started the teardown for my timing chain replacement. basically I got all the stuff in front of the timing cover off and started the oil pan and tomorrow morning it's off with the oil pan and a new timing chain is in order

I was feeling productive haha anyone else ever get bit by that bug?

at any rate my car looks so much meaner now with the black wheels and HIDs.

oh hahaha that's smart. and I've seen that done before so I don't know why I didn't think of that. looks good man. reminds me of little rice bowls which is probably intentional so well done sir

edit: pics of wheels and engine lamp

42a231b8.jpg

8644051e.jpg

a806c8cc.jpg

f6aa11dd.jpg

and "THERES YOUR PROBLEM!!!"

5a93f656.jpg

I did find the rest of the strait chain guide and also the end of a flathead screwdriver in my oilpan...thanks PO

Today I pimped out my Subi LSD and added my new Troy Ermish Racing CV Joints.

LSD3.jpg

LSD2.jpg

LSD.jpg

DSC02893-2.jpg

Nice set-up. I have the same CV joint conversion for 5 years now. My rotary powered 510 keeps breaking the oem half shaft u-joints. I even got some jdm racing u-joints and that broke. This is the best set-up if you have big HP and worth the money. I have a 4.11 Subi lsd. Its a fun canyon run!

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3253204/1971-datsun-510

• Like 1