810!

That's what's confusing but I think it turned it into the 910 after the last 2 years but don't quote me on that it's just what I read a lot from different sources. I believe it would be easier to just call it "810 Maxima" so it isn't confused with the early 810 from 77-80. Nissan confused a lot of people when they badged a lot of cars including my ZX as a Datsun Nissan lol. It's either a 1st gen 810 or a 2nd gen 810, kind of like when people say hey I got a 510 for sale but then you look at the pics and realize it's a 2nd gen 510 idk I'm just saying it can be confusing for some.

• Replies 718
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

but still argue its really a 910 because of a body code. Riiiiiiiiiight lol. 

It sure is handy when looking for parts though.   :thumbup:

Just like the 210. It's chassis code is B310, but Nissan decided to do exactly what you described and name it 210. Now everyone thinks of B210 when you say 210. 

I view this as an opportunity to fix a mistake Nissan made. Not perpetuate it.  B)

No its not, every part I ever ordered for a customer 1st gen maxi was under "810 Maxima", even from the dealer. It was a crossover model its fairly obvious, yes the bod code was 910, EVERYTHING else was 810, where I come from 6 of one beats 1 of another lol.

You literally have to say you know more then nissan, the gov, every parts dealer etc... to call it a 910. You guys are welcome to do that too all I said was I didnt agree. 

Early 810 guys-heater core hoses are still available and sitting on the shelf in Japan.I just ordered mine from Courtesy:

CourtesyParts.com

------------------------------------------------------

Order Number: 307523

Detailed Invoice: https://www.courtesyparts.com/account_history_info.php?order_id=307523

Date Ordered: Friday 01 February, 2013

Products

1 x HEATER-INL (27180-U7700) = $31.35

Sub-Total: $31.35

United Parcel Service (UPS Ground): $11.22

Total: $42.57

I looked on that site.  Looks like they have a carpet kit.  Woo!  But it doesn't say anywhere what color it is.  Boo!  Looks like they have lots of 810 parts, but the descriptions and titles are so vauge that I can't even tell what half the shit is.

Well, that's the way most dealerships are.  ^_^

Send them an email about it. They'll answer you back pretty quick.    :thumbup:

Early 810 guys-heater core hoses are still available and sitting on the shelf in Japan.I just ordered mine from Courtesy:

CourtesyParts.com

Order Number: 307523

Detailed Invoice: https://www.courtesyparts.com/account_history_info.php?order_id=307523

Date Ordered: Friday 01 February, 2013

Products

1 x HEATER-INL (27180-U7700) = $31.35

Sub-Total: $31.35

United Parcel Service (UPS Ground): $11.22

Total: $42.57

Well,i got the dreaded e-mail.NLA.

DAMN IT!!!!!!!!!

Hi guys!

I'm a newbie - as a Datsun owner and as a forum member also. I bought my car ('77 180B) like 2 weeks ago, and I was kinda sure, that it's a 610. Just realised, that this is a 810, when I posted to the 610 topic, and then I was redirected here.  ^_^ 

Here is a photo about my precious. :) I want to renew the interior a bit - I hope this forum will be useful. (helping members/owners, maybe getting replacement parts, etc.)

28ired0.jpg

btw. Anybody else from Europe? :)

Sweet 180b/810 we don't see many here but welcome to the 810 club I myself have yet to purchase one but hopefully real soon I will have one.

Do you guys out in Europe come opon 180b/810 all the time or are they pretty rare? Reason I ask is I always wanted to find someone out there selling the front & rear bumpers as they are smaller and closer to the body of the 810's here is the states.

Do you guys out in Europe come opon 180b/810 all the time or are they pretty rare? Reason I ask is I always wanted to find someone out there selling the front & rear bumpers as they are smaller and closer to the body of the 810's here is the states.

I think it is rare. I haven't see any other instance of late '70s Datsuns in Budapest... But now that I own one, I will walk with eyes wide open! B)

• 2 weeks later...