810!

• Replies 718
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't want to get my hopes up too soon but the local jy just got in 4 old corvairs and I did a quick visual and measurement and the bumpers just may work. Im going to pull a set tomorrow if they will allow a return if they won't work and see if I'm full of it or not.

Just put a cd player in the stock radio spot. I didn't cut up my maroon dash instead went with the black one from the parts car since someone already cut a hole for a tape player. I don't think I've ever cursed doing a project more than this one. It would be nice to have a modern radio without cd player. Aux and usb make it smaller for old cars.

There is a really nice Sony stereo that I looked at a audio shop with my cousin, it was a non cd deck with only aux & usb. Not a huge Sony audio anything but that stereo is an exception if I find a pic or link to I'll post it. Does any of your 810's have the secondary deck where the shifter is?

For me I want to keep the original stereo since it works but I need to fix the power antenna and see if the speakers work. I wanna add something that will also do aux & usb but I want it to be small.

Yaa my sedan had the tape player in the consle I removed it though. I tried to first mount the cd player under the parcel tray but there's just no room. So that's why I went for the black cluster. My only gripe is I recovered the dash pad in red like factory so the two colors kinda clash now. If it bothers me more down the road ill go back to red

Online company I bough a trunk lid sent me something that isn't even close to right. Literally off by a mile, must be a maximal trunk not even close. I'm beyond livid right now. I will be on them tomorrow. Needless to say I will be on them tomorrow. This would never happen if I just bough a z fml.

Nah man, 810's are hard to find parts but they are the rarer Datsun that's what makes them cool to me. I always have someone tell me stories of them and how they haven't seen one in years.

If you had a Z that would be awesome the parts are literally super easy to find since there everywhere.

I would never trust a company that sells suppose parts for cars like Datsun 810's it's hard to find anything for them. I know of one site but they sell simple stuff for 810's like light assembly, dash covers and other misc. I'm thinking of buying the wipers when I pay some bills and get extra funds.

http://oem-surplus.com/nwp/810.htm

Do you guys know what the maximum tire size can be put on the 810 wagon with original steel wheels? I want to go with as wide as can fit in the back with 185/70r14 up front. A little taller is OK, within reason.

I heard the 810 goon that was for sale in south dakota on CL sold to a young guy his dad owns a tire shop hopefully he joins us here.

Have any you guys seen anymore 810's for sale I seen one in L.A. area burgundy faded paint cob webs selling for over $4k kinda insane prices now lol.