810!

• Replies 718
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i had one about 4 years ago.  a real nice daily driver, the interior was almost perfect. saved it from being sold to pick a part paid the driver off

right before it was going onto the flat bed, even had some of the old skool american racing rims that i now wish i never sold the car.  best 450

i have ever spent.

100_0471.jpg

• Like 1
i had one about 4 years ago.  a real nice daily driver, the interior was almost perfect. saved it from being sold to pick a part paid the driver off

right before it was going onto the flat bed, even had some of the old skool american racing rims that i now wish i never sold the car.  best 450

i have ever spent.

100_0471.jpg

That's the same car zetozeto99 fixed up and sold to xlr8r now its up in Utah has a round headlight conversion now.  If you look back from the first page and look threw some pictures you'll see its progress from back then.

Yes it did, type 280zx oil cooler in google pics and you'll see a ton of them. 

I'm just breaking your balls but ya try what I advised you'll have all the pics you need.

Well, thanks for the picture all the same. haha.  I want to add an oil cooler to my 810, but I'm pretty broke (and really shouldn't spend the money I do have, at the present moment).  That cooler is pretty bulky.  I have a Volvo oil cooler and lines from a 240 that I'm thinking would work well with that sandwich plate.  Maybe even the RX7 cooler I have with the Volvo lines (a lot of guys with Volvo 240s use the Rx7 cooler as an upgrade).  The volvo cooler is long and skinny, and I think would fit between my grille and rad.  So maybe I can find a sandwich plate for not too much and make something myself.

Last summer I did a lot of long distance driving in the 810.  Things got pretty hot under the collar.  It was about 100 out on my second trip across the state.  I could feel the heat through the firewall and trans tunnel, I mean to the point where it was burning the side of my foot some.  The old gril never overheated, but felt damn sure close to it when I arrived in Raleigh.  I'm sure I should do something about my rad.  I flushed it about 15 or so times when I got the car, lots of crap and never got the water quite past swap murk.  I don't think any plastic replacement (if I can even get one for the 810) with be as good of quality as this old brass beast.  I want to get it cleaned and coated when I have the $$.

That's the same car zetozeto99 fixed up and sold to xlr8r now its up in Utah has a round headlight conversion now.  If you look back from the first page and look threw some pictures you'll see its progress from back then.

I saw this earlier today & figured it looked familiar, but the pinstripes threw me off. It has the same ripple in the front bumper & small dent in the hood though, so it must be the same goon. Here's a couple photos of her. I've converted to rounds with HID's, put a 5spd in, and a few other things since I picked it up.

wagonrear.jpg

18installed.jpg

imag0209mb.jpg

• Like 1
Because it's a 30 year old car and they look like cyborg eyes on Issac Asimov's robodatsun.

Lol, the lights help a lot at night i would know because i have HID lights on my Z with H4 bulbs before i could not see anything at night but those prototypes i think look better on a Z because it hides the headlight a little especially with headlight covers.

I've considered adding a roof rack, but I'm not ready to pull the trigger on it yet. I like the look of a clean roofline, though racks are pimp'n.

The headlights are a 'modern' style prototype BiXenon made by Dapper Lighting. They haven't proven popular (they stick out way too much for certain cars, the bezels on the 810 are deep enough that they don't look too bad), so from what I understand Dapper is working on a 'classic' set to look more like a standard headlight & not stick out as much.