i hate insurance

as you all know the insurance company as been giving us the run around over shelly well we sent them 2 adds for cars priced at 10,000 and a repair order/ recipit for 5,000 worth of parts and repairs ready for how much all that added to the total worth of the car ........$200 im fucking pissed off beyond belefe i havent had a car since mid january and nothing has been done about that or any of my medical excuse my rant but im just so fucking pissed:mad:

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dude I know exactly where you are coming from. I was so pissed they totaled out my 68! Luckily I was able to buy it back but I still got fucked. It was funny the same weekend they tried to tell me my running driving 68 2 door was only worth 1100 bucks when a buddy of mine sold a shell for 2k!!! NOT EVEN CLOSE TO A RUNNER!!! Insurance is a bunch of BS if you ask me.

What a bite in the bag, make sure to get these old cars appraised. Then your covered in a wreck thats not your fault.

I got hit in a old volvo and they wanted to total it, the car was a bertone model that the bodys were made in Italy the rear quarter cost 2500 alone. I got lucky and they went for fixing it after I sqauked. Got paid, beat it out and put the bondo to it.

Lawyer Up my friend ...... they will handle it.

Guest jaimesix

Yea! Get a lawyer. Sign a deal, at 20%-25% max, and let the dogs out after that insurance.

If you have no counsel, the insurance will pull your hair until you go bald! Do not miss more time, unless you already have an attorney. Insurance companies will not respect you unless they see an attorney in between, and in these financial strained days, more so!

It is time to let the Rotweilers do the job.

JAime.______________________________________________________

as you all know the insurance company as been giving us the run around over shelly well we sent them 2 adds for cars priced at 10,000 and a repair order/ recipit for 5,000 worth of parts and repairs ready for how much all that added to the total worth of the car ........$200 im fucking pissed off beyond belefe i havent had a car since mid january and nothing has been done about that or any of my medical excuse my rant but im just so fucking pissed:mad:

Was in that situation once. Bottom line, "since you want to scrap the car, all these parts are useless. Here's the bills of sale, when do I get your check for the parts I can no longer install, and who pays the shipping?" Changed their mind in a flash. Don't just grab them by the balls, twist!

"Grab them by the balls and twist. Their hearts and minds will follow" Richard Nixon on Viet Nam War strategy.

"Grab them by the balls and twist. Their hearts and minds will follow" Richard Nixon on Viet Nam War strategy.

Ya that strategy worked real well too :thumbup:

Not to be a jerk... just playing devil's advocate.

I work for an insurance company as an insurance underwriter. The legal guidelines are very clear, and it's all written down in the contract. The responsibility for knowing what kind of coverage you have for your property is your own. Seriously. You are in a binding contract to have a company pay you in the event of a loss -- you should make sure you clearly understand the implications involved.

Most polices for comprehensive/collision are for FMV - fair market value. They need to pay no more, but no less.

Don't sign. Ask them to take it to arbitration, which is a decision independent of the insurance company. but they may find adverts for similar cars for a lot less money. If you know they can't then arbitration should get closer to your expectations. Showing them the two most expensive adverts is not representative of FMV.

At least that's may understanding. Anyone have more information on this?

Tell them that the state... THE STATE OF F"N california will pay 1 thousand+ for a old smog car. So tell them to go fuck them selves and or to buy you a new Datsun... Tell them to buy you a DD Datsun and see how much they will cost. F'n ass holes...

how much all that added to the total worth of the car ........$200

If you don't mind me asking what did they set the worth at?

If you don't mind me asking what did they set the worth at?

the first offer was 1000 dollars, but as.. motavated said.. tell them to find you a running 610 for 1000 dollars, wont f-ing happen.. not in the condition shelly was.. lawyer up dude, as i said a thousand times.. they're gonna bend u over an use not a drop of lube :(

the first offer was 1000 dollars, but as.. motavated said.. tell them to find you a running 610 for 1000 dollars, wont f-ing happen.. not in the condition shelly was.. lawyer up dude, as i said a thousand times.. they're gonna bend u over an use not a drop of lube :(

i sent them 3 adds the lowest price of them was 2000 double what thhey originally offered me

Ya it's been said though just sending them the high value ads you find doesn't mean or prove your car was worth more. I bet they could come up with a book of ads at or under their stated value.

I have no love for vampire insurance agencies, just saying.

What does your insurance contract stipulate as to value in the event the car is totaled out?

thats the thing this isnt my insurance company i was determined not at fault so the bitches insurance is covering it there just low balling me and its pissing me off

Ah that's right, I forgot that. Did you talk to a lawyer yet? I have to agree with everyone on that, best way to go. You can sue her in civil for what the insurance doesn't cover too, just have to prove to the judge the value was higher. Since a judge is an impartial decider and you can show him all these dated threads and receipts of the work you put in on top of the base value it shouldn't be that hard imo. Just a back up plan in case.....

i want to mention that bonvo looked for a few weeks for any and all 610 ads... we searched craigslist in every city and state.. not to mention ebay an some other places... those are the only 3 ads he could find.. so they maybe "high priced ads" but there the ONLY ads avalible at the time..

Well in all fairness 3 ads doesn't prove shit. I can find 3 adds for any car that will either double or half the cars value if based on them. The insurance company knows that better then anyone.

They are ignorant and don't know about the car. They are also in the business to make money not pay it out. You have to PROVE to them the value and then kick them in the ass with a lawyer. Ya its hard, what about a 610 is easy?

They don't see the love or the work or the value to the community they see a multi color, 40yo car with no front bumper etc.

Stated value or agreed value is the only way to go on an old vehicle. I've got my truck and my s30 insured for more than enough to where if anything happened to either I could purchase a much cleaner example.

Not only that but he got fuckered up big time. It was no little accident. Then that bitch "other driver" started fucking around with him and not giving a shit about you or your friend. Then the Insurance is trying to fuck you over after that accident. You have some pics. Get a lawyer and sort this out. HELLLLS no!

What company are you dealing with? Some of them are real pricks.

My boss (and his lawyer) fought another driver's company (I want to say it was USAA but I can't remember) for nearly two years on his 99 Durango before he was able to get a reasonable settlement.