The 320 progress thread

Allright here we go. The Long beach show is coming up this Oct. & i plan on showing the 320. Most of you guys have seen pics of it already but for those who have'nt...it's a 65 L 320 floor shift 4 speed that I bought for $500 a few years ago. My plan is to do some more bodywork & paint the roof...remove & paint the dash & install the factory radio...replace a few of the engine gaskets...install my new clutch master...make some factory looking door panels & strip & re-paint a set of 1st generation rims to match the roof. Here she is as of today...

814320front.jpg

8-14320int.jpg

8-14320eng.jpg

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hang 510, to me they look to be as thick as a penny. If you have them how much? TY devil...i got started on the door panels today.Awhile back i had made "new" panels from 3/16 paneling. 1st i took off the wal mart fabric & im going with a 2 tone white/auqa. The aqua will be the "map storage" on the bottom, ill sow an edge w elastic inside of it. Im trying to make them look as factory as possible....

817drpanel.jpg

817drpanel2.jpg

817drpanel3.jpg

Ok all panels are done now. I have to make a small cut on the pass. side kick panel so it clears the under dash shelf but that cut wont be visible. Heres a test fit pic...

821newpanelsin.jpg

The good thing is i dont have to re-do the headliner or the seat ;)

looks damn good just like that but have you considered matching the kick panel's blue area to line up with the door panel's blue area?

are those factory door pulls?

p.s. did you happen across that 520 harness?

Yeah the plan was to have the aqua line up on both panels but in my rush they didnt get done that way..o well. Yes, factory chrome door pulls. I believe i already gave that harness away....sorry. Allright i removed the dash today.13 11mm bolts & a few screws later & here ya go................

824dashoutintpic.jpg

had to remove the signal assembly to get it up & over the colllum. I found a few mystery ground wires that go nowhere & some more rat poo...:eek:

I test fit the radio also..it fits so al ill need is the knobs...

824dashout.jpg

It will be shot aqua to match the tops of the doors. Anybody have the green left signal arrow for the dash??

I used pegboard for the door and kick panels for my 520, and covered both in couch fabric. Pegboard from Lowes, fabric from Hancock out of the remnant section. Ratsun cheap, and looks fine. Thin enough to let the door lever and window regulators turn freely, and the pegboard allowed use of the original door panel clips.