The 320 progress thread

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Got a bit more done today ...removed the grill & light bezels. And all int. panels are done :cool: Then i vaccum'd inside the cab way up under the dash & removed what the previous residents left behind :eek: Tomorrow ill get into some of the sanding / bodywork on the roof.

Allright time to get dusty! I found all of the low spots on the roof & got them all smoothed out as best i could.....

BEFORE......

96roofsanded.jpg

AFTER....

96roofsanded2.jpg

This 320 has been painted a few times & the black primer is peeling in spots so unfortunately ill have to go down to bare metal in a few areas & start over/primer. The layers were almost as thick as a dime!

96drdoorsanded.jpg

Good news is the roof is ready for primer then color prob. next week...:D

On the rust im welding in small pieces of metal after cutting out the bad sections. Thankfully it is'nt that bad & it's coming along fast. Ty guys for checking out my pics, i enjoy sharing my work...to my knowledge theres only 5 320's in San diego including mine :D

that's what i figured, just curious as i don't have access to or skills to use a welder at this point (thus the signature) and have some similair rust spots to tackle at some point. i have a repair manual from 1981 that goes into detail of using fibreglass to repair rust holes so i think i'm gonna do that... plus it'll be an old school repair :D

Jeff the sun is my friend these days..my body filler dries really fast :D Ok a shot of the pass. side rocker & fender.......the lower part of the fender where it bolts to the body has broken free...

913rockerbefore.jpg

i just did a temp patch job for the show..sometime down the road ill have to cut out the entire area & re-do it...

913rockerafter.jpg

lower cab & dr. fender repaired.......

913drsidelower.jpg