New Member Finally got my First 510! Tons of pics

BoostinBen

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Ben love the car and I am glad to see someone close by bought it, I live in San Leandro and would love to see it in person sometime...and ya like everyone else said MORE PICTURES!!! :D

Clayton

That's a valdini motorsport build car. Alex and Adrian do some badass cars.

I don't think you'll have to do any performance upgrades on it. One badass dime my friend.:D

on the gauges note...

Ive been torn on which way i wanna go. I like how clean ur dash looks, but the 521 factory cluster is nice too, very simple. Also rather small. Looks like you have the autometer speedo with digital odometer, nice. If and when you decide to get rid of em, I might be interested in gettin them from you if I dont stick to the OEM cluster.

By the way, is that a rear brake bias control i see at the bottom of the driver A pillar?

Edited by Hyphy

I met up with Ben today, it was nice to finally meet you Ben, after what is it now 2+ years since our initial Datsun 510 related contact? We met for lunch in Milpitas but of course lunch was had only after about an hour of looking over our cars and being interuppted at least 4-5 times by random people walking or driving around us asking us questions. I'm sure Ben didn't mind and if he did...he better get used to it :P.

I warned him how ratsuners NEED pics so here they are, with a little video too:

DSCN4778.jpg

DSCN4779.jpg

DSCN4780.jpg

DSCN4781.jpg

DSCN4782.jpg

DSCN4783.jpg

DSCN4784.jpg

DSCN4785.jpg

DSCN4788.jpg

DSCN4789.jpg

DSCN4790.jpg

DSCN4791.jpg

DSCN4794Better.jpg

DSCN4795.jpg

messsing with the images to look old...

DSCN4791FrontOld.jpg

DSCN4790OLD.jpg

or more menacing :P

DSCN4794black.jpg

And for you exhaust fans...

th_DSCN4799.jpg

I like the custom mini battery mount where the fuse box used to be. Can you post a close up of that?

I'm sure Ben can give you a better pic but here's the best one I got.

DSCN4778.jpg

Nice meeting you too Mario, I guess it has been a long time since I first hit you up... at least now I wont be hounding you to sell me your 510.. It was nice to finally see it in person... sweet ride. Thanks for sooting some pics while we were there .. Lets do it again soon. try and get some other folks around here out of the woodwork.

I like the custom mini battery mount where the fuse box used to be. Can you post a close up of that?

Got some close ups of the battery tray for ya.

IMG_1517.jpg

IMG_1518.jpg

IMG_1519.jpg

Nice meeting you too Mario, I guess it has been a long time since I first hit you up... at least now I wont be hounding you to sell me your 510.. It was nice to finally see it in person... sweet ride. Thanks for sooting some pics while we were there .. Lets do it again soon. try and get some other folks around here out of the woodwork.

IMG_1517.jpg

IMG_1518.jpg

IMG_1519.jpg

do you know who makes this battery and the cca?

Yeah Its a Odyssety pc680 drycell battery They sell them for motorcycle and auto Heres a link to the specs on it from their website..

http://www.odysseybattery.com/autospecs.html

They are great batteries I use them in all of my stuff ... It has no problems turning over the sr20 at all.. surprising for how small it is.

Edited by BoostinBen

IMG_1517.jpg

IMG_1518.jpg

IMG_1519.jpg

Thanks for sharing. Great Idea.

Dude I love that car!! MMMHHH SR20 :D I like that car, it's my style. The engine bay is the nicest, everything else comes second :D

Ben I don't know if you plan on running wipers but if you do the wipers circuit is very easily removed from the stock dash and engine harness. The only wire that splices into the car harness is a ground and the blue with black stripe. I pulled a dash and engine harness apart because I wanted a test harness for working on intermittent wipers but I haven't really went back to it after pulling the two harnesses apart.

What HP does the car have? I know a stock turbo with the boost turned up can be loads of fun in a dime.