New Member Finally got my First 510! Tons of pics

BoostinBen

Hello Everyone!

I have been looking for a 510 for the past 5+ years. Ive wanted one ever since I was 13 im now 27 so Its been a long time.. But Finally I got my hands on a 1971 2 door. :thumbsup: I have heard numerous times that you guys are picture hungry so I have attached pics of my new ride.. I just picked it up on tuesday ... it was quite a day .. I started out at 7am here in san jose caught a one way flight down to long beach to check the car out. Drove it ... loved it bought it then I started on my long drive home. Made it back to san jose around 8:30 at night. It was a long drive but I loved every second of it.

The pictures attached were actually taken by the previous owner. Ive been working my tail off since I got back.. Im going to take some of my own shots of it asap ill share those once I do.

On to some pics.

DSCF0079.jpg

DSCF0101.jpg

DSCF0109.jpg

i131.photobuc.jpg

i131.photobuc.jpg

DSCF0090.jpg

DSCF0094.jpg

i131.photobuc.jpg

DSCF0084.jpg

Edited by BoostinBen
  • Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

WTF???!!! Someone bought a running Datsun that's not a project? I don't know if we can allow that here. :D

And..OMG!!! A new user that filled out his Location. Be still my beating heart.

Muy bueno. :thumbup:

Bienvenidos to the Looney Bin! :D

Hate to say it, but I think someone got there feelings hurt:(

BOO WHOO:fu:

Come back Ben it's ok we won't pick on you anymore .... well maybe a little.

You can show us the pinstripes and stickers you finish up your nice 510 with:)

PEACE WRAT

its a sweet car ben and as long as your happy is all that matters :) ppl just having fun here lol we an onry bunch just roll with it .i would like to ask some questions . when i was looking at it on craigs and ebay it looks as if theres no wipers , heater / defroster , turn signals and some other stuff. did the seller put that stuff on or is it designed not to have any of that and just roll in the summer i guess .

Well looks like im in the wrong place... I still concider it a project.. its far from complete in my mind.. it runs sure .. runs great but it aint done by any means... well see ya later

:cool:

if you do ever 'finish' then youll be in the elite group. maybe 2 or 3 of em out there.

ive never had one...

Welcome Ben! Love the Dime! Really, folks are just joshing with ya! Stick around. You've done everything right so far.

I watched a vid of this rig just last week I think. It was heartpounding.

Bet that was an AMAZING drive back home.

Welcome indeed!

its a sweet car ben and as long as your happy is all that matters :) ppl just having fun here lol we an onry bunch just roll with it .i would like to ask some questions . when i was looking at it on craigs and ebay it looks as if theres no wipers , heater / defroster , turn signals and some other stuff. did the seller put that stuff on or is it designed not to have any of that and just roll in the summer i guess .

And happy I am .. thanks

Like I said I dont mind the bashing ... Go for it poke fun.. I got this car for my own reasons .. mainly being able to own a car I can do anything I want to performance wise and not worry about smog... here in california its a killer and with all my project cars in the past it was a headache I hated dealing with.

The car has no wiper arms .. the motor is still there just not hooked up. there is a switch for it inside but every wire was pulled out of the car and replaced with a painless wiring kit. just have to run wires to the wiper motor. All the turn signals / lights are there and hooked up work fine. The heater / defroster is all disconnected. One of the things I plan on doing is finding an original dash and modifying it to fit the autometer guages. I am going to look into hooking heater / defroster back up. The racecar look on the dash isnt my thing.

Edited by BoostinBen
  • Like 1

One of the things I plan on doing is finding an original dash and modifying it to fit the autometer guages. The racecar look on the dash isnt my thing.

I like the sound of that Ben! It is groovy for what the PO was after, and I certainly wouldn't kick it out of the driveway with that dash in it, but you're right, the classic dash will be way cooler IMHO!