what do you guys pay for your cell phone?

If you're refering to VOIP, we still pass on that. Hard to justify added cost or hassle to have a fixed landline.

No, voip costs money no? I'm going to drop it but you can make calls on cable for free, and its a hard line. Not saying everyone should use it or anything just saying to say.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going to drop it but you can make calls on cable for free, and its a hard line. Not saying everyone should use it or anything just saying to say.

Great...especially since this was a discussion about cell phones in the first place. :)

I have a verizon blackberry, i have been paying for a cell phone for so long a hundred bucks a month seems cheap haha i pay 108 a month and have everything that i would ever need and then some

damn, i get everything i need for 50, i guess i will just stay with it and when im in seattle i guess no ones calling me lol

I've had them all.I'm with Verizon now and pay 108 a month for 2 numbers,1400 minutes,insurance,unlimited texting & website number back-up (i have 314 numbers in my phone)

BTW-Verizon just bought Altell.ANd Verizon really hasn't fucked up my bill that i can remember.:mellow:

85 bucks a month. T mobile g1. I don't have a computer or have had a cellphone before this one. The only reason I got this one is because, people had a hard time getting in touch with me. I needed internet. My mp3 player got ran over. And I need gps cause I get lost often.

85 bucks a month. T mobile g1. I don't have a computer or have had a cellphone before this one. The only reason I got this one is because, people had a hard time getting in touch with me. I needed internet. My mp3 player got ran over. And I need gps cause I get lost often.

lol i like your logic

Guest 510kamikazifreak
Never had one, never will. Except for police emergency and real true personal emergencies we could do without them. NO teenager below 18 should be allowed one and none above without a written test. I would never miss seeing some total asshole spewing his internal dialogue or another describing where he is and what he sees louder than necessary while walking on a public street, or hearing what some fuck had for breakfast while I was trapped in a check out line, or a conversation interrupted in public by someones phone. I have only seen a have dozen cell phone calls that were legit in the last year, one was a 911 call the rest were messages and not conversations. Next time you are on the phone in public ask these questions... is this conversation really, I mean really necessary? Could this conversation wait till I get home? Am I distracted by this conversation? Am I really aware of what's going on around me, and am I disturbing others? If you are receiving a message or important information, especially a business call or placing an emergency call, then carry on. But if the answer is yes, say "can I call you back later?" and hang up.

How many hours were wasted on these?

massivecells.jpg

I am a cell user,Only phones we have.. good to keep in touch with each other

family and fellow datto owners..

Have not had a land line in about 5 years..

I do not like the same as you Mike annoying calls about nothing,I always have my phone on vibe(no noise)(also feals kinda funky:lol:)Ring tunes SUCK hate em they are the most annoying little thing out there..

Dont talk much on mine,But I am loading music on it now(go figure had this one for just over 2 years and finally figured out how to load music in it:eek:)

For both phones (here in the great white north) about 100 bucks a month,unlimited between other rogers users,text,I can call with in 50 miles from where I am for nothing,

Kinda Ironic,Got a call from my service provider today,Oh WE have a deal for you :blink:

Explains the whole deal,Umm can you offer more than I already have with you umm nope :fu: dont bug me then....

They just wanted me to sign another contract :rolleyes: nope aint happening :lol::lol:

Cause its a month to month deal now :P;)

I guess it's all in how you use it. I gave up having a land line about nine years ago. I needed a moblie phone because I was always running to different job sites and commuting between Portland and the Bay Area.

After AT&T sent me an additional $500 bill for going over my minutes. I told them I was going to go on the Bay Plan. You know, the Bay Plan? That is where I throw your AT&T phone in the bay and not pay this bill. :fu: Eventually they let me pay $175 and let me out of the contract.

That was when I found this little company in Tigard called Consumer Cellular. They gave me a free phone and no contract. I can change the plan on their web site before the end of each month, so I don't get dinged for additional minutes. Months where I don't make a lot of calls, I pay $20 for 200 minutes. If I go over then I go online and change the plan to the next tier for $30 for 500. For $50 you could get 1200 minutes.

https://www.consumercellular.com/

The service everywhere in portland is great and when you are driving up and down five there are only a couple of places in southern Oregon and Northern California that are a little sketchy for a few miles. You been at my shop and in the concrete basement it works the same as anywhere else. My neighbors with Verizon and other systems have to go outsside to use the phone.

I disabled my text, don't need to listen to music, take pics or surf the web. Half the time I shut it off because I don't want people to bug me!

You know I like to tell stories;

A bunch of my musician friends from high school were at my buddies house jamming and we took a break. The ten year old son of a one of the guys come in and says, "Dad, you got to call mom remember?", and keeps bugging him until he says, "You go call her!" My friend tells him, "Go into my office at the end of the hall, there is a phone on the desk you can use".

Kid comes back and says, "I can't find the phone". It was a black rotary dial phone, he had never seen one before. Reet.

I guess it's all in how you use it. I gave up having a land line about nine years ago. I needed a moblie phone because I was always running to different job sites and commuting between Portland and the Bay Area.

After AT&T sent me an additional $500 bill for going over my minutes. I told them I was going to go on the Bay Plan. You know, the Bay Plan? That is where I throw your AT&T phone in the bay and not pay this bill. :fu: Eventually they let me pay $175 and let me out of the contract.

That was when I found this little company in Tigard called Consumer Cellular. They gave me a free phone and no contract. I can change the plan on their web site before the end of each month, so I don't get dinged for additional minutes. Months where I don't make a lot of calls, I pay $20 for 200 minutes. If I go over then I go online and change the plan to the next tier for $30 for 500. For $50 you could get 1200 minutes.

https://www.consumercellular.com/

The service everywhere in portland is great and when you are driving up and down five there are only a couple of places in southern Oregon and Northern California that are a little sketchy for a few miles. You been at my shop and in the concrete basement it works the same as anywhere else. My neighbors with Verizon and other systems have to go outsside to use the phone.

I disabled my text, don't need to listen to music, take pics or surf the web. Half the time I shut it off because I don't want people to bug me!

You know I like to tell stories;

A bunch of my musician friends from high school were at my buddies house jamming and we took a break. The ten year old son of a one of the guys come in and says, "Dad, you got to call mom remember?", and keeps bugging him until he says, "You go call her!" My friend tells him, "Go into my office at the end of the hall, there is a phone on the desk you can use".

Kid comes back and says, "I can't find the phone". It was a black rotary dial phone, he had never seen one before. Reet.

im kinda liking this one....lol

If anybody is looking for super great VOIP service. I have been using MagicJack for over a year. Its is really just $20 a year unlimited calls in the US and Canada. Total for me to buy the unit and a year $54.17 shipped. I just plug in a regular phone and boom it works. Only thing is it takes a bit of CPU power to run it but I have 7 computers on my network so no biggy. Check it out at www.magicjack.com any question PM me I will answer them.

Metro pcs for the wife $45 , too bad I have Sprint and still have another year on my contract.

I get unlimited everything for $99 a month, but after taxes and all the B.S. charges I end up paying about $135 a month!

It is still great compared to what we used to pay years ago.

Remeber peak and off preak pricing ?

Then you had just a plain old service fee which was about $20-$30 a month which did not include any minutes.

Back then I knew plenty of business people that would get $1500 a monthy phone bills , but this was back in the early 90's.

The biggest bill I ever got was about $400.

I am glad those days are over.

The thing I love about sprint is you get the NFL network for free on the everything plan for $99 a month.

If anybody is looking for super great VOIP service. I have been using MagicJack for over a year. Its is really just $20 a year unlimited calls in the US and Canada. Total for me to buy the unit and a year $54.17 shipped. I just plug in a regular phone and boom it works. Only thing is it takes a bit of CPU power to run it but I have 7 computers on my network so no biggy. Check it out at www.magicjack.com any question PM me I will answer them.

can you use this on your laptop or only at home ?

can you use this on your laptop or only at home ?

Anywhere any computer as long as you have a dsl or better connection. You can take it on the road with you. I have used it with Verizons PC card a couple times. Only issue as with the internet is you get into strong and weak areas and it slows down and distorts talking.

$35/mo w/verizon. been on the (almost) same plan for ~15 yrs.

450 min peak/unltd WE. 250 texts

rarely go over and most everyone i know has verizon, so in-calling is free all the time.

no landline for 4yrs.

would drop mine in the ocean if i didnt have a kid.

It was a black rotary dial phone, he had never seen one before. Reet.

my dad still has one in his garage :lol: