Northwest Nissan Present "Golden Gardens - Annual BBQ - March 29th, 2009

RB_Shaggs

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I will be driving my 260z and was wondering if anyone from Tacoma area was going so we could show up in a group.

There is a group meeting in the Target parking lot of "The Commons" shopping mall in Federal Way. 320th and I-5. Not sure what time though.... check Northwest Nissans.

Cool thanks for the info!!!!!!!

Welcome to Ratsun! good to see another local Z guy. :P

ok, I pulled info from NW Nissans.

Meet at 7:30 AM, leave at 8 AM.

We will meet at:

Target

2201 S Commons

Federal Way, WA 98003

We will head to:

Golden Gardens Park

8498 Seaview Pl NW

Seattle, WA 98117

Well the show was great, a really good turnout, the only real problem I saw was lack of communication. I met up at the Tacoma mall and it was a good turn out, but when we left there, one guy said roundem up, and we all hoped in our cars, got on the freeway and then pretty much on your own. I thought the word convoy meant a bunch of vehicles traveling together in a convoy. It was pretty disappointing.......

Well the show was great, a really good turnout, the only real problem I saw was lack of communication. I met up at the Tacoma mall and it was a good turn out, but when we left there, one guy said roundem up, and we all hoped in our cars, got on the freeway and then pretty much on your own. I thought the word convoy meant a bunch of vehicles traveling together in a convoy. It was pretty disappointing.......

Well, was that group 90% 240SX guys? :mellow:

that's what I thought

Here are my pics. I showed up after noon.

http://www.bleachgarage.com/images/event/gg09/

Not a lot this year. Its good to see a lot more old school cars show up though. (and fewer Hondas)

You are only part of a convoy if you can keep up!:D

I met at the commons and it was ALL 240s and one Fast Z. I was pushin the ol A14 pretty hard to keep up. We were goin like 90 the whole way! Now I know how to get there so I dont gotta drive Mach 5 next time.

HOLY CRAP! We weren't prepared. Not one bit. Sooooooo many cars. Dead fuggin camera batt. :) NWN has exponentially overgrown the capacity of GG. There were cars parked up to a half mile (or more) away from the last parking area.

Awesome Datto turnout from what we saw.

Never saw so many Skylines in my life.

Never saw so many COPS in my life. Some were cool. Some were NOT. Oh well. SOme of the smacktards couldn't help but flex their vehicular muscles and spoil the law's good demeanor. Hahahaha!

Next year, the 521 will be there.

-Brian

Had a good 620 turnout & good to see this guy still around...:D

P3290111gg.jpg

Dave is a cool guy haven't seem him since last GG but thats cause i didnt go to any of the truck runs last year he is usually at the majority of the NW shows..

wish i could have gone but the combination of SU's still not right and work made it impossible.

I had a good time at golden gardens and the only hassle i saw the cops giving was at the far end of the park. telling people the lot was reserved and turning people back to the other lot although I saw alot of those people turn and head right up the hill. maybe it was a mis-understanding. we were the cut off i think in my friends green 240. it was one of the only painted ones there....hahahahahaha:lol: sorry. just never seen so many rivets and fiberglass "molding" in my life. I was hoping for more vintage datsuns i was impressed by the showing butthought there would be more. i will upload my pics later and add them on here. i miss the old cruising days likethat. the meet brought back some fond memories. :blink: