Northwest Nissan Present "Golden Gardens - Annual BBQ - March 29th, 2009

RB_Shaggs

posted today thought i would share with everyone.:cool:

from Northwest nissans GG thread click here

This event goes off "rain or shine", so mark your calendar now!

Date: March 29th, 2009

Time: 10am - ~4pm

Address: 8498 Seaview Pl. NW

It is that time of year again, the largest "grassroots" Nissan Event in the NW.

This annual BBQ has grown every year since it's humble beginnings in 2002.

Every model and generation of Nissan is welcome, but please respect the property,

the volunteers, and each other.

Activities:

-Eating Contest

-Tech Questions

-Raffle Draws

For those coming from far away, park information and address is located here at the seattle parks GG page:

http://www.seattle.gov/parks/parkspaces/Golden.htm

New Directions: Take 45th St exit from I-5 and head west on 45th. Stay on 45th as it turns into N 46th, then turns into Market, then turns into Seaview ave. You will eventually end up at the meet.

For all your NWN Gear

http://www.northwestnissans.com/boar...golden+gardens

Golden Garden's Meet Protocol

Crossing the Border? Read this

Have something to donate for the raffle?

-Contact Gaelen

Photos from last year's event:

Video from past eventhttp://www.northwestnissans.com/boar...golden+gardens

RSVP here if your attending this event.

Rules for attending an NWN event

It is implied that all NWN Members and other parties attending NWN events will follow the NWN Rules. Failure to do so will result in immediate consequences. (i.e.: a temporary or permanent ban of access to the northwestnissans.com website)

Some of the things that are not tolerated to, during or from NWN events:

Street racing

Street drifting

Speeding

Excessive engine revving

Excessive stereo playing

Burnouts

Aggressive driving of any nature

Please feel free to forward our event info on to other message boards, however you must let the other parties know about the NWN Rules and what is not tolerated at our events.

If possible, please link directly to the event thread and ask them to RSVP so that we can make accurate arrangements. If a non-NWN member refuses to follow our rules they will not be allowed to participate in our events.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dont let then name fool you. NW Nissan is putting on the show but there is an ass load of Datsuns @ this meet:cool: Not only do you get to see the bad-ass 350z's and 240 drifters there are just as many Datsun/Ratsuns that show up. So if you are not interested and have not been to this show then get off yer arses and out from underneath your Dattos and cruise on down cuz this is a killer show with a ton of cars! Bring yer parkas tho cuz it can get Antarctica cold next to that water:eek:

Heres a few shots of last years meet. Notice all the clothing:blink:

GoldenGardens08011.jpg[/img]

GoldenGardens08026.jpg[/img]

GoldenGardens08025.jpg[/img]

GoldenGardens08042.jpg[/img]

GoldenGardens08049.jpg[/img]

Its a mass of cars meet.

There are three fairly large parking areas and last year they were all overflowing with people still driving around looking for a spot.

Unfortunately (IMO) the organizers encourage anyone to attend and that has led to other forums organizing groups of cars to park there too. I'm not talking about Datsuns, more like Acuras, Hondas, VWs, ect. Yet they still advertise it as a Nissan meet but its more like a overcrowded import meet now.

Its a mass of cars meet.

There are three fairly large parking areas and last year they were all overflowing with people still driving around looking for a spot.

Unfortunately (IMO) the organizers encourage anyone to attend and that has led to other forums organizing groups of cars to park there too. I'm not talking about Datsuns, more like Acuras, Hondas, VWs, ect. Yet they still advertise it as a Nissan meet but its more like a overcrowded import meet now.

i am guilty of driving a non nissan last year. not because i wanted to but because my truck was in need of a rad. so i had my lowered 93 Passat out there. looked cool but i REALLY felt outta place.

i am guilty of driving a non nissan last year. not because i wanted to but because my truck was in need of a rad. so i had my lowered 93 Passat out there. looked cool but i REALLY felt outta place.

You do realize my comment was not directed at you or people like you, right?

GG is not just seeing a few Nissan enthusiasts show up in their "other" car. We have VW clubs showing up in 8 Jettas. None of them have any interest in Nissans. They're just looking for a place to strut their stuff. As if they don't have enough meets of their own.

If a friend of mine who drives a VW comes in his R32, that's different. I saw entire car clubs of other makes showing up just to show up and take up space. Some people like how big the meet has become. I'm thinking if things keep going this way I just wont' go anymore. 2005 and 2006 were the last good years of the Golden Gardens meet.

• 3 weeks later...

so all you Datsun freaks, its on, My girl Vicki and i are leaving Thursday noght from the greater Sacramento area to Washington. Hoping to get our Datsun fix. Were looking to hang somewhere (maybe Seattle ) for a good time after the show. We will be driving green 1971 Bluebird coupe. Whats the weather like, shorts and t-shirts (sweet). Don't be shy if you see the only Cali lic plate and say what up. This is going to be a wonderful trip.

so all you Datsun freaks, its on, My girl Vicki and i are leaving Thursday noght from the greater Sacramento area to Washington. Hoping to get our Datsun fix. Were looking to hang somewhere (maybe Seattle ) for a good time after the show. We will be driving green 1971 Bluebird coupe. Whats the weather like, shorts and t-shirts (sweet). Don't be shy if you see the only Cali lic plate and say what up. This is going to be a wonderful trip.

WOW that's a pretty long drive!! Golden Gardens is a fun meet but it's not aimed at datto's in any way. Maybe 3% of the cars if that! Last year was a pretty good turn out, maybe 30 datto's throughout the day :D Hey I used to drive down to Portland for every BBQ AMI put on so I can see why you are coming up :D

James could that be you?

........I used to drive down to Portland for every BBQ AMI put on so I can see why you are coming up :D

Jeff, this year, the AMI crew is coming to YOU! Hahaha. For myself, I screwed up this year. Not going to be in town for Canby. This is the next best thing.

-Brian

No Ratsun sticker on camando (dark green Bluebird coupe) but we will be there. doesn't take a stack of Datsuns to get us up there just a hell of a drive. Yep this is James from norcal, and Victory, yep thats my girlfriends name. New love and need to get the hell out of cali for the weekend. I have made this drive to and from in a weekend. How ever we will be leaving thursaday night and returning Monday night. Bad news is the heater in the bird just quit. Nice timing. So fix the heater or dirve to a show 2 states over and hang with datsun freaks. HUh? Still cant figure out how to get a pic with my user name. I don't know much about computers i just paint stuff. Later james

No Ratsun sticker on camando (dark green Bluebird coupe) but we will be there. doesn't take a stack of Datsuns to get us up there just a hell of a drive. Yep this is James from norcal, and Victory, yep thats my girlfriends name. New love and need to get the hell out of cali for the weekend. I have made this drive to and from in a weekend. How ever we will be leaving thursaday night and returning Monday night. Bad news is the heater in the bird just quit. Nice timing. So fix the heater or dirve to a show 2 states over and hang with datsun freaks. HUh? Still cant figure out how to get a pic with my user name. I don't know much about computers i just paint stuff. Later james

Dont worry:D You wont need a heater. It will be a balmy 42 degrees up here in the great NorthWet:blink::eek: Hope ypu have a safe & fun trip:D