What did you do to your truck today?

Madness

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey Guy's! installed a oscillating fan in my 620 2day! cant find a A.C unit so i went the "cheapy" way! looks "tacky" but it works pretty good and only cost $14.99 at Pep boys!!

pic021.jpg

pic022.jpg

And bought some N.O.S Amco bed side steps!!

pic018.jpg

pic019-1.jpg

Dont laugh....It's paid for!!!

Hey Guy's! installed a oscillating fan in my 620 2day! cant find a A.C unit so i went the "cheapy" way! looks "tacky" but it works pretty good and only cost $14.99 at Pep boys!!

pic021.jpg

pic022.jpg

And bought some N.O.S Amco bed side steps!!

pic018.jpg

pic019-1.jpg

Dont laugh....It's paid for!!!

dude you gots 6x9's in yer doors!

i had some in my old ranger doors with a ton of sound deadening and they cranked!

Just bought an l18 that was built in the 80's for my 521. Has a mystery big cam, Offy intake, holly carb, Aftermarket Cyclone headers. Everything from the carb to the 4 speed trans. Even the elephant oil cap. Has about 24k on the rebuild and was in storage for almost 20 years till I bought it! It is a bit dirty!

I will start a thread about it soon.

Oh and the best part, $150. The owner also gave me some old skool 620 fender flares. Not sure what I will do with them, but I have them. Real nice guy. He owned the engine since he bought the 620 in 1974. I'm psyched!

well, yesterday I cut the hitch off my KC so i could get to the bed bolts with the impact wrench. I ended up frying my wires to my right rear tail light assembly. I plugged new one in today and i have everything accept for tail lights. I'm apparently not getting power somewhere to the tail light wire. its a77 KC. could i have fried the headlight relay when the exposed wires touched together?

today as well, i took the manual choke weber off my ratrod tightened up the adapter plate put it back together cuz I was bogging out and now its getting worse. figured it might be vaporlocking so i put clothes pins on the fuel rail. changed the fuel pump which didn't matter anyway cuz the one one there had plenty of pressure still pumping it by hand.

the rat rod runs fine at first in the day until it warms up, then it starts crapping out. it was only doing it on hills, now its doing it on the flats. so now i got a truck with no tail lights and a truck with fuel air carburation problems.

Isn't that why you drainded your radiator?:D

Hahaha

I dunno why I bothered to put in in a container, I ended up pouring it on the driveway and spraying it down anyways...

It was like 50% antifreeze..

My neighborhoods cat population decreased:lol:

My radiator is still sitting in the bed because I'm too lazy to go get an alternator...

i suspected that my head gasket was blown since my engine was vapor locked. i pulled the plugs and water shot out of the # 2, 3, and 4 cylinders. it was like a water cannon. anywho, pulled the valve cover to look at my mocha colored oil

nekid072.jpg

then i found a cool place to put my socket wrench and screwdriver on the top of my drivers front fender

nekid071.jpg

i dont think my head gasket is supposed to look like this

nekid074.jpg

Fixed the carb yesterday. Adjusted it today. 5th gear 5,000 rpm. Starts to bog around 5,200, but I wont pick it up that high again. :cool:

Fucken cars... Cant you see I cant stop her! Get out of the way!!!!

My master cylinder fucked up my engine bay. It exploded!

Fixed the carb yesterday. Adjusted it today. 5th gear 5,000 rpm. Starts to bog around 5,200, but I wont pick it up that high again. :cool:

Fucken cars... Cant you see I cant stop her! Get out of the way!!!!

My master cylinder fucked up my engine bay. It exploded!

Thats kind of funny in a shitty sort of way... My clutch master went out yesterday while I was hauling a new/antique secretary furniture thing for the girlfriend. As soon as I got it all loaded up and started to go I noticed that the clutch wasnt disengaging... Made it about two blocks when I went to downshift I pumped the pedal a few times and the back of the brake master blew brake fluid all over my feet... Just so happened that I was wearing sandals. I got it into first gear and ran 3 lights and every damn stop sign on the way home... Ive also got a friggin flatspot in my flywheel now:mad: I kinda lucked out though Ive never seen so little traffic during the day.

X2:D

Just for kicks and comparisons...how much did that set you back?

AH HEM! you've got a local pin stripe artist. I am just starting out but i've got a good hold on it, im always down for a little practice... free of charge. :D

Striped by a 5 year old right?

:lol:

jk

Seriously though.

Why so messy?

The imperfections lets you know it was done by a human. Not a printer.

Lay off, Ed Roth f*cked up all the time.

Edited by Madness
AH HEM! you've got a local pin stripe artist. I am just starting out but i've got a good hold on it, im always down for a little practice... free of charge. :D

The imperfections lets you know it was done by a human. Not a printer.

Lay off, Ed Roth f*cked up all the time.

careful madness, now, he's gonna ask who ed roth is! if you lived closer to me, you could stripe all my stuff. i wanna get my beer fridge striped soon

Thats true and i don't really want to go into the history of pinstriping this morning either.

The striping goes for anyone in my area. Give me something that can be re-painted, sanded down or thrown away (in case you dont like it or i screw up) and ill do my best on it. I got a few colors in the old stripe box.

Thats true and i don't really want to go into the history of pinstriping this morning either.

The striping goes for anyone in my area. Give me something that can be re-painted, sanded down or thrown away (in case you dont like it or i screw up) and ill do my best on it. I got a few colors in the old stripe box.

Seriously Bart?:blink: The history is the coolest part. :)

http://www.twistedchrome.com/history.html

http://www.ratfink.org/ratfink3.htm

My dad used to stripe for years. He did a lot of really neat stuff. Now he doesn't do it much cause his hands arent as steady as they used to be. He did the stripes on my 521 and I think they look freegin rad. He was like "too big, not right etc." I was like...:eek:

The cellphone is the only camera with any battery left...so here come some really crappy pics.;)

stripes2.jpg

stripes1.jpg

I am going to be in touch man...I WILL be wanting another stripe on the side and a bit more on the hood to match. If the fall trip to Cali in the 521 doesn't materialize so my dad can add some more color to the truck then you and I will be in touch.:D

Well...we will be in touch anyway!:cool:

HAHA...the cellphone battery just died too.

I went to downshift I pumped the pedal a few times and the back of the brake master blew brake fluid all over my feet... Just so happened that I was wearing sandals.

I hate brake liquid! ITS SO IRRITATING! In your feet? Aww man I feel bad for you. That shit stinks and burns!

careful madness, now, he's gonna ask who ed roth is! if you lived closer to me, you could stripe all my stuff. i wanna get my beer fridge striped soon

I got some rat shirts somewhere.