Wrecking Yard Report

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Went back today to get a radiator for the wife's Volvo....$61 compared to 185 new..Merry Christmas Hunny.

IMAG4632.jpg

Saw this 520...521?   On the way out.... :thumbup:

IMAG4629.jpg

Also saw another Ratsuner when walking in....Forgot your name...young kid with 620, had a handful of parts.

I'm heading out to San Francisco for a week, and I was wondering if anyone has a recommendation of a yard that is likely to have some Datsuns for me to check out.

Check out the pick n pull inventory for the Richmond, Oakland and Newark yards. Those are the closest to SF.

Hello Ratsun peps

The pick your part website in Stanton has the following:

1977 Datsun Bz10 Green

Available On: 12/18/12

Anyone in the OC area that can check the actual presence of that B210.

Im in San Diego and dont really wanna do the drive if is not a B210.

Pics would be awesome

Hello Ratsun peps

The pick your part website in Stanton has the following:

1977 Datsun Bz10 Green

Available On: 12/18/12

Anyone in the OC area that can check the actual presence of that B210.

Im in San Diego and dont really wanna do the drive if is not a B210.

Pics would be awesome

B210 5speed

HLB210-225761

Pics later

Today Mark and I traveled up to Kingman, Arizona to Pick & Pull. There were two 620 pickups, one a longbed and the other a shortbed. VERY complete trucks that yielded some parts We were looking for. There is also a 1969 Toyota Corona which is about 95% complete, a Mazda model that I have never seen but it did not have a rotary and the craziest find: Three Rambler American two doors ! ! Two were 1958s the other a 1959. These were very sad to see as one was obviously a restoration and the other two parts cars. The restoration project had a complete headliner and all of the seats had been reupholstered. VERY SAD to see them in the yard. I couldn't find a Rambler website to post these on but possibly one of You know somebody interested in old Ramblers. Remember, this is Arizona......... these cars are ALL very rust free. Such a shame that they all will end up crushed one day. There were also a handful of 720 pickups and a pretty complete Ford Courier, early 70s. The yard is on old Route 66 just as You head out of town northward on the east side of the highway. To give You an idea of prices, I scored a MINT condition stock spare tire with the original Bridgestone Mighty Rib tire for only $22.00. 620 taililight housings were $5.50 each. I might go back for a windshield and it is priced $55.00. 

• Like 1

There is a 1982 datsun 720 diesel in the sherwood yard, I tried getting the upper bolt out of the starter to pull the transmission, but I gave up, it would not move.

If you were to pull all the intake exhaust off the engine, you might be able to see enough to get that bolt removed, all the tranny bolts are removed, and the lower starter bolt is removed also, but since I could not get that upper starter bolt out, I did not remove the driveline or mounts, or anything else down there.

I got all the wiring and electricals out of it except for the turn signal assembly and instrument cluster.

It even had a stock datsun AM/FM radio, I hope it works, as I bought that also.

There are two types of diesel starters, but they both have the same mount bolt access issue.
This is the small one.

DSCN0656.jpg

This is the big one.

DSCN0660.jpg

And this is why I gave up on trying to get the starter out,

DSCN0657.jpg

the farther you get to looking at the bolt straight on, the less you can see of it,

DSCN0658.jpg

till it starts to disappear(small starter).

DSCN0663.jpg

Big starter

DSCN0659.jpg

This is the bottom bolt on the small starter, 

DSCN0661.jpg

and this is the bottom bolt on the big starter.

DSCN0662.jpg

The bottom bolt is out, as it is accessible from the bottom, but the top bolt has a 17mm head on it, not much room with a 17mm head, a guy that I met there/talked with had a swivel socket, and he couldn't get it loose either.

If someone wants this starter or transmission bad enough, if you remove the intake and exhaust manifolds, you likely will be able to get to the top starter bolt with a open ended wrench, but the exhaust manifold is in the way the way it is.

There's a couple in Wilmington I generally go to that actually list their inventory online. The smaller one on Blinn got a couple of 280Z's a few days ago. They did have an 810, 610, 310 & B210 but those might be long gone now. Keep an eye on the site: http://www.pickyourpart.com/locations/

Ecology yard on Energy way,Chula Vista.1979 280zx still has struts,hubs,rotors and calipers.Looks like someone tried to get them but couldnt figure out how to get it all apart.The springs are already gone.They quoted me about 80 bucks a piece.

it was me...was gettin struts but found out that one was a new gas rerplacement and the other was factory oil strut.....kinda disssapointing