Let's see some machine work

• Replies 947
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i think that color would give me a headache lol00

All the green?  I remember getting the first gameboy that came out for christmas when I was a kid.  Green is the shit!  Wish it played the tetris music while I machined :)  950k points is my record on the updated version tetris +  what a game!  

• Like 1

I finished a long term project today. This is for a high production (11,000/month) project. This is on our NH4000DCG Horizontal.

Air pneumatic dovetails and vacuum workholding. Push/Pull valving and fully shrouded in stainless.

Rev3.0

IMG_20150409_091846_zpsjszukwi7.jpg

Guts

IMG_20150409_093324_zpsp52kagkg.jpg

Stripped

IMG_20150409_112341_zpsrvin30wv.jpg

Replumbed with push/pull valves

IMG_20150409_141912_zps8ucy8n0w.jpg

Center shrouds

IMG_2196_zpsfxxbdegl.jpg

Finished

IMG_20150408_174544_zpstcvy8wdt.jpg

I call it the "Vending Machine" :)

• Like 3
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm using a "97" VF2 daily and it just keeps up with 60-70 imp. Sometimes master cam spits out some crazy 150 kind of shit and if I don't catch it soon enough things get ugly fast. We also have a much newer VF3 that can comfortably do 90-100 with a 3 inch mill. Big difference in ability. I try to keep the VF2 at about 40 imp for my own sanity.

This machine would crap its pants at anything close to half those feeds, the max spindle speed is 7500. In reality the machine can handle closer to 100 ipm but it would be pushing its comfort zone

600 is insane and to stressful for me not to mention hard to see what it is your working on. Must just be a blurry coolant show.

X2

Spent last week working on a Flow Waterjet, I really wasn't looking forward to it but turns out to be kind of a fun/ different toy to play with while getting paid.

The scale of the parts you work on I suppose would be measured in ipd (inches per day). That's my kind of feeds and speeds.

I can see it now, I am listening to classical music and sipping my double burgamount Earl Grey. While just turning my first .

100 thou. Sounds very nice.

600 is pretty insane more like death metal and 3 Redbulls.

• Like 2