Let's see some machine work

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 947
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I hear you. These machines are total pieces of shit. On the mill the slots taper .030 from one end to the other and they are .015 from being square to the edges of the table.

The chinese build complete garbage. We bought one chinese machine, a water jet, and we will never buy one again.

The pump self destructed internally, that cost us $5000 in parts shipped from china and when they shipped them they threw them in a big box of saran wrap with bubble wrap on top of them. We are talking about a hydraulic pump rebuild kit, it weighs 150+ pounds and has like 10 heavy ass parts in it. They shipped it in a box barely strong enough for clothing and of course because they didnt pack it worth shit, all the parts hit eachother and destroyed more than half of them.

We called the chinese (Yongda Machinery) and they said "oh it will be fine, our waterjets are designed to run with the parts like that"

I swear to god that is what they told us. The pump housings had a 1/2 inch dent in each of them and the walls of the cylinders were totally scored and ruined and we couldnt even thread the cylinders into the housing the threads were so bad. Theres $5000 in parts down the drain. We finally got the water jet working but now we want it gone because we never want to deal with the chinese again.

Its really funny how people in aerospace call HAAS "throw away machines" when the chinese exist out there in the realm of machinery. I machine within +/- .0005 on a 20 year old haas vf-2 which has only had a few small parts replaced in its life. Throw away machines? well 20 years in on our VF-2 and 17 years in on our HMCs with no sign of them letting up says quite a bit otherwise. Our Yongda POS water jet is not even 10 years old and the quality is appalling.

I follow a trade magazine or two......things seem to be shifting back to machine work being done in the US because of the chinese quality you're talking about.  I'm dealing with a few issues on my new hobby cnc mill that are a "chinese quality" issue.  It's probably a good thing that a lot of their stuff sucks......if they put out top quality....I think we'd go under pretty quickly :(

The latest thing to happen with the Chinese crap is the draw bar system fell off if the back of the spindle....fucking fell off!!! The bolts all backed out and its slowly worked it way off of the spindle. Its been doing this since we got it because the tool length had not been repeating all the time. Stuff is total crap, I would rather run my 30 year old Czechoslovakian POS I at least have control of that one

I have seen Fadal's that have less than 800 hours used go for $15,000

Mine is a 1994 and have had only one axis control card blink out on me. Issues are nil. It has 4th axis hookup and ready should I ever fix my index.

CNC88HS controls also come capable for trickle feed without buying a $4000 option like Haas and other machine manufactures ask.

• Like 1

I saved a couple tax returns and sold a few things I didn't need so I could pay cash.

I must say that financing is not for me. I can't stand the stress. Try your best to save and sell what you can to buy it outright. That way if things are tight it makes you $$ vs cost you money.

• Like 1