Let's see some machine work

It really isnt, the hbm is all push button controls and the z axis is a seperate control box, and the surface grider is super sketchy, you have to manually flip the lever than changes direction, and its spinming the whole time the machine is moving. I still prefer the old stuff though

Good for you learning to set up a fixture and tooling, that's the things that are important in this industry

• Replies 947
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:)

I think humor comes with age?  Hmm...wait....if that's true, you'd be waaaaaaaay funnier than me!!  lol

I was just telling some co-workers this morning on the way out the door..........Look at me......humor is the only thing I got going on!!!!  .....that and the fact that I can't float away....I guess that's a plus. :)

20140415_134127_zps8fd69480.jpg

I have to machine a shaft out of this piece of material. It's called Permendur 2 V  ( Hiperco 50 A)

The fuckin piece cost  $2550.00.... :w00t:  Sure hope I don't scrap it.

• Like 2

20140415_134127_zps8fd69480.jpg

I have to machine a shaft out of this piece of material. It's called Permendur 2 V ( Hiperco 50 A)

The fuckin piece cost $2550.00.... :w00t: Sure hope I don't scrap it.

That is some pretty spend material there, the exotic things I've done is probably vurilium (no I don't know how to spell) manganese (shit is toxic), and inconel

I think it's Beryllium. I've machined some Beryllium copper once. After I ran the job I found out the shit can kill you. WTF???

•  

This part I'm getting ready to make the mat'l is 49% Cobalt. Should be fun. It's a part for a flying saucer. For real I'm not shitting you..

• Like 2

No it will not melt. It is a nylon hybrid using nylon 6T and nylong 6,9. Melting point in our test was 430 degrees F. That should be good enough even if you are a racing driver and dont use a heat shield.

<p>

I think it's Beryllium. I've machined some Beryllium copper once. After I ran the job I found out the shit can kill you. WTF???

This part I'm getting ready to make the mat'l is 49% Cobalt. Should be fun. It's a part for a flying saucer. For real I'm not shitting you..
You sir are correct! (I told you I cant spell, and apparently I cant hear so well either :lol: )