Let's see some machine work

• Replies 947
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

At least for me, it only cost a $4 insert and a couple of mallet whacks to get going again! LOL  I'm sure it's a bit more dramatic when one of yours crashes!! 

Oh trust me I have stories to tell.

Any one else tossed a 300lbs part off of a machine?

That I can say I've never done. Thank god.

I'll try to take some pic's of the X axis cross slide that my Nephew broke a few years ago.  And no he does not work for me anymore.

My recent "how not to machine" vid :(  lol

That sucks, but its lucky it wasnt too bad. Some retard (no longer working there) crashed the living shit out of out SL30 in this same maner.

At least for me, it only cost a $4 insert and a couple of mallet whacks to get going again! LOL  I'm sure it's a bit more dramatic when one of yours crashes!! 

That wasnt that bad. My crashes usually cost thousands to fix. Sucks to be my boss!

Last week we ran a program with a very high spindle load and the vibration caused the tool holder (shitty pakistani or indian toolholder) to get jammed in the spindle, the toolchangefr went in and the drawbar sensor recognized that it unclamped. Problem was that the toolholder was jammed in the spindle and it then pulled the holder up through the toolchanger and rotated the toolchanger through the tool fucking up the spindle, the toolchanger and destroying the tool (obviously). The toolchanger was fairly cheap to fix. The spindle cost us $7000, and HAAS kept our guy waiting outside their fort-knox-like facility for like 2 hours.

We had a guy sling a 10ton casting out of a vtl once, now that section of wall is removable. :lol:

HOLY

SHIT

20140415_134127_zps8fd69480.jpg

I have to machine a shaft out of this piece of material. It's called Permendur 2 V  ( Hiperco 50 A)

The fuckin piece cost  $2550.00.... :w00t:  Sure hope I don't scrap it.

Man, you guys get to work with some cool ass materials, I only make motorcycle parts so the most I have to deal with is steel.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

20140728_130106_zpsx1lze5em.jpg

This is one of a batch of trophys I'm making for the ZCON in San Diego next month. Disc brake rotor trophy.

Just something a little different.

• Like 4

for those Z trucks out there...

The show is open to all Datsun Nissan's. This is for the peoples choice show on Saturday. Not the Z only show on Thursday.

..on the plastic?  If so, is that true for delrin too?

Yes.

I will keep the plastic from melting and sticking to your part. It can get a little messy, But it works.

• Like 1