Anyone know who this is?

FrankRizzo

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Wow, that's a clean truck. Not a big fan of odd-fire V6, but it is a really clean install, and probably runs as well as it looks. He could have run it into a single tailpipe for a less odd-fire sound.

The short center caps on the western wheels look awesome. I wonder what they are off of.

Obviously a body off resto too, as you could never get the frame that nice without removing the body.

2 hours ago, datzenmike said:

I wouldn't. Has the wrong fender emblems for a '72.

Picky son of a.....

I kinda like the 510 emblem on it.

My $.02 worth.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Stoffregen Motorsports said:

Yep. I've never liked those motors. I have a super clean one sitting on a pallet in the shop and I refuse to use it in anything. Maybe I should just get rid of it.

I searched for the odd fire v6 sound, a lot of people commented they liked them.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, datzenmike said:

I detest the sound of the 4 cylinder Subaru. They sound like old Vee Dubs. Pretty sure it's the dual exhaust.

It's the unequal length header 

If you take the boxer in a subie and run equal length headers they sound like a k series Honda.  

1 hour ago, paradime said:

WRX with the boost regulator venting straight out sounds like a fart in a jar. Nuff for a good laugh, but not much else.  

It's called a waste gate dump

They're usually necessary on high HP rigs and they rarely sound good.  

When my buddies fox opens the wastegate dump it's on obnoxious.  

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Dusten said:

It's the unequal length header 

If you take the boxer in a subie and run equal length headers they sound like a k series Honda.  

3/4 fire one after the other out one exhaust then 2/1 out the other pipe. If you ran them all into one pipe it would sound like an inline 4 cylinder.

there was a truck just like this when we went to meet at a garage in downtown Portland .. i'm sorry i cant remember his handle on here,  but he was president of Datsun's northwest for a bit  ..

Not his truck was just there at his place 

Edited by bananahamuck
9 hours ago, datzenmike said:

3/4 fire one after the other out one exhaust then 2/1 out the other pipe. If you ran them all into one pipe it would sound like an inline 4 cylinder.

The exhaust on a boxer WRX is 2*2-2-1 out the back.  

From my days with my gf rally racing them, and my time owning them, simply going to equal length headers completely changes the sound.  

Edited by Dusten