Anyone know who this is?

FrankRizzo

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I took delivery of the $28,000 620 Tuesday. Last night I had a chance to drive it. Amazing condition in all areas. 231 Olds engine sounds good, not odd firing, and pulls strong. There’s only one BIG problem: the new bench seat (no clue where you buy that) is upholstered so thick, that it is nearly impossible for my 5’11” 190 lb frame to even drive it. I’m going to have to replace the amazing bench seat with the smallest seats I can find. I have non-King Cabs before and I do not recall an issue. It’d be great to find an original 620 bench seat to refurbish, but much thinner and not on a track. If anyone has a suggestion, I would be appreciative. 

• Like 2

Option 1 - Have your upholstery shop cut down the foam.

Option 2 - I've always like 240z seats because of how thin they are. 260z and 280z seats were also nearly the same (different patterns and colors). Don't know how they would fit in a single cab pickup though. Early Supra seats are also very thin, but may be getting hard to find as well. Porsche buckets maybe?

Those are great suggestions. Thank you. I’ve ordered the smallest seat on the web to try. If it works I’ll recover it and make it look sweet. It’s terrible not to be able to use the seat in the truck. It is the best I could ever imagine. I’ll have to keep it and buy another King Cab to use it in. 

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...