Powerland Datsun 5! (July 2024)

jbirds510

On 7/12/2024 at 12:31 AM, Dguy210 said:

Oh, it is so horrible how you'll need to call in sick to work for the weekend as you've just come down with covid and can't go into work. Just horrible....

Honestly, I'm past the point of giving my life away to jobs that don't respect you back and will drop your ass in a second. But you do you.

Ha I am mostly in agreement but its a state job with mostly good benefits, early retirement, and other than it sometimes being hard to get exact weekends off because others also request the same days it's usually not too bad with the PTO and stuff that I accrue. I have a 3 day weekend every week, just sucks that my personal weekend is mon-wednesday. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
  • Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

23 hours ago, ]2eDeYe said:

Thanks dudes, was totally unexpected...

and very coolIMG_4675.jpeg.73c1e6a8c8b1854638e61f08a608c77c.jpeg

IMG_4674.jpeg.caccb9fa8ce6bef7b9584a8223189221.jpeg

will get more pics up when I am home. Still another day to go 🙂

Congrats! The truck was looking sharp as always!

• Like 3

Also congrats to jbird! Another successful show. Pretty good turn out. I’m curious about the actual numbers this year. Seemed bigger than previous years. Very enjoyable event!

Edited by Draker
  • Like 7

Was fun. Great turnout. Thanks Jbird!

Sorry to anyone I missed, I booked out early Sunday morning as I was out of money and feeling a bit done with the heat (I also had to go into work that afternoon for a bit too).

• Like 6
11 hours ago, Draker said:

Congrats! The truck was looking sharp as always!

Thank you. 

11 hours ago, Draker said:

Also congrats to jbird! Another successful show. Pretty good turn out. I’m curious about the actual numbers this year. Seemed bigger than previous years. Very enjoyable event!

He said 100 cars on Saturday. 

• Like 4

Heh, You got a pic of me in the background.  That is a good looking roadster.  I love the range of work that has been put into the Datsuns at the show.  They go from "That runs and drives?" to "Everything on this has been modified." And even "That looks like it could be sitting on the showroom floor in 1971."  Then the sentence that I hadn't said in at least 20 years.  "I have never seen one of these Datsuns."  That 50's Datsun was a treat to see.  They all were.  Especially after not seeing another Datsun that drives for so damn long.  

Edited by .sunlover
Misquoted myself. Clarifying correction.
  • Like 6

Yea great show! Glad I was finally able to bring a Datsun! Lots of fun catching up with old friends and meeting new people. Already planning for next year. Thanks jbirds!

• Like 7
13 hours ago, ]2eDeYe said:

Thank you. 

He said 100 cars on Saturday. 

turns out it was just under. a few double counts. 1 count was 91 and one was 92, thats not all at one time it was including all cars including some that left early and some that arrived later.

• Like 6
Posted (edited)

You're welcome guys. It was great to see everyone, thanks for coming out and supporting the meet/show/swap and venue! They told me to pass on to everyone how much they enjoy having us! We are booked for another year! @]2eDeYe you absolutely deserved the recognition! You've been a huge contributor and supporter of the community and an all around great guy! Congrats man! @bananahamuck did a killer job making that awards in my opinion! @skyblue If you are interested, maybe you can link up with the northbound 5 crew, Im just 15 minutes out of sacto.

Edited by jbirds510
  • Like 7

What a great show, thanks for having me, and my turd. Location is great and had a blast. I left at 0400 Sunday morning and was by 2115 hours. Not bad. My Tacoma was tested to the limits and it passed. lol

Was good catching up with all you guys, new faces and old ones. You guys rock, and have very nice cars up there in the PNW. I admire also how much you guys drive the shit out of them as well. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Was good time again.. My ride,, i thought i was taking,  screwed the ole pooch 5 miles into trip, but after that goofy shit, i met up with  Sean and Frank-enfurter and FAT510 for drive down.. Radiator problems had us going slower than normal but we made it.. 

My dry eye was flaring the fuck up something fierce because i guess the sun(?) ,, so kinda stayed in shade most of the day and didn't get out as much as i wanted. 

BUT

Nightime was nice watching the bats flapping all over the place, wandering around to different little groups listening to stories of car accidents. trucking stories.,  and personal sobriety triumphs   

Next year,, we ride in the 1000s even if we have to leave at 4am and it's at walking speed 

• Like 8
  • Haha 2

only got a couple pics myself . 

i will do better next year. 

VsWFI9p.jpg

1purImh.jpg

O01XwqF.jpg

LEfyrT4.jpg

Didn't get any of son and girlfriend together , as he must have smarted off to the little Columbian.. i guess he will learn the hard way

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I didn’t take any pictures other than the 1/8th scale train ride. This was pretty cool actually. We just went to look at the trains and they insisted we take a ride to show us everything they built on the property. Recommended!

IMG_5634.png.3bba8d10973e461c00485986c29d2cd0.png

Edited by Draker
  • Like 6
19 hours ago, Draker said:

I didn’t take any pictures other than the 1/8th scale train ride. This was pretty cool actually. We just went to look at the trains and they insisted we take a ride to show us everything they built on the property. Recommended!

IMG_5634.png.3bba8d10973e461c00485986c29d2cd0.png

The train people were super cool

• Like 3