Scammers on ratsun

Hey be warned I just got scammed on here. I have a WTB for A14 header and intake mani. He messaged me and said he knows a guy with both an intake and header and I should shoot him an email. Email seemed normal. I emailed and he said yeah he has them a rare Nissan Competition header and an egi intake. Seemed legit he knew datsun lingo and seemed nice said he would help me if I needed anything else for my project etc. Asked where I was located said he was in texas and would ship if I paid shipping. I asked if he did paypal or venmo etc. Was not any different than any other transaction I have done with ratsun members. After I had a weird feeling checked the user out, new account one post. That seemed fishy so I went back and emailed the guy and said hey the user that gave me your info is new and only has one post just want to make sure this isn't a scam? His defensive response was in broken English, said he isn't trying to "Eat" my funds lol but is not refunding me says "I will refund you in the morning".. Obviously a scammer and I am out $400... I am usually pretty good at seeing these things coming, this guy was good. Hope I can get a refund, probably won't. Won't ever click "friends and family" again on paypal! 

User:

Roble78

Edited by sick620
  • Like 1
  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, hobospyder said:

Always check post count when you have a want to sale out before getting into a deal. Never do anything with PayPal friends and family unless you actually know the person

Sorry about your 400

Yeah for sure. 

Want to buy ads pit out there that you are looking for something and opens up a vulnerability. Easier and safer to look for sale ads or ask parts hoarders directly if they have something in my opinion. But I am biased as I have a parts hoarder and am rarely in a rush when looking for rarer parts

2 minutes ago, hobospyder said:

Want to buy ads pit out there that you are looking for something and opens up a vulnerability. Easier and safer to look for sale ads or ask parts hoarders directly if they have something in my opinion. But I am biased as I have a parts hoarder and am rarely in a rush when looking for rarer parts

Yeah. my WTB also got response from a couple bigger members like Kelmo whom I know is obviously legit. I guess my guard was just down because I don't expect scammers on our little niche datsun hobby board. Everyone has always been super awesome on here as far as buying and selling gos. I once wrapped up and shipped a whole 620 bench seat for a guy. 13 years of buying and selling parts on here never a bad interaction... my guard was just super down...  Ugh.. 🤦‍♂️

Edited by sick620

Looked up WTB scam. Its a common thing. Chance my bank will be able to do a "charge back" chance paypal will be able to do something claiming "unauthorized account access"... If either option does not work I learned a lesson I guess... 

1. SCAMMERS have been known to message WTB users directly. BEWARE.
* You should require paying via PayPal Goods & Services. Scammers don't want you to use services that offer refunds.
* Never use Zelle or PayPal Friends & Family, which leaves you with no recourse to get a refund.
* Check out who you are doing business with. Do they have other posts? Read them. Have they done other business in the Market Place? How long have they been a member?
* See this post for more information. Scams and how they tend to work

* Report any suspected scammers to the admin or mods.

Edited by sick620
  • Like 1
9 hours ago, sick620 said:

a couple bigger members like Kelmo

Bro, I think you just called me fat.🤣 Sorry, I had to make a joke on that to lighten the subject a bit.

That sucks that you got scammed.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
57 minutes ago, KELMO said:

Bro, I think you just called me fat.🤣 Sorry, I had to make a joke on that to lighten the subject a bit.

That sucks that you got scammed.

Lol 😂 that helps a tiny bit haha a couple bigger members 😂 

I'm looking for a Z24 to VW adapter.  I have an add on Thesamba.com....a VW site, just like this one, only different ;  )

I guy sent me a PM and said that this guy had one.  I snet him an email.....he says $85, I think, shipped.  (cheap). Maybe it was 185, still cheap, as it is supposed to be new.   I started to get leery.  I asked for a pic....he sent me a Weber carb adapter to a Nissan 3.0 pic.  We went round and round w/me saying that ain't what I'm looking for and him saying that he has it.

I'm still waiting for a pic.

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/7/2023 at 11:48 PM, sick620 said:

Hey be warned I just got scammed on here. I have a WTB for A14 header and intake mani. He messaged me and said he knows a guy with both an intake and header and I should shoot him an email. Email seemed normal. I emailed and he said yeah he has them a rare Nissan Competition header and an egi intake. Seemed legit he knew datsun lingo and seemed nice said he would help me if I needed anything else for my project etc. Asked where I was located said he was in texas and would ship if I paid shipping. I asked if he did paypal or venmo etc. Was not any different than any other transaction I have done with ratsun members. After I had a weird feeling checked the user out, new account one post. That seemed fishy so I went back and emailed the guy and said hey the user that gave me your info is new and only has one post just want to make sure this isn't a scam? His defensive response was in broken English, said he isn't trying to "Eat" my funds lol but is not refunding me says "I will refund you in the morning".. Obviously a scammer and I am out $400... I am usually pretty good at seeing these things coming, this guy was good. Hope I can get a refund, probably won't. Won't ever click "friends and family" again on paypal! 

User:

Roble78

I just saw this after I paid the them now I'm trying to get it straightened out.

Edited by edekalil
4 hours ago, sick620 said:

The same person?

Yea, same exact scam. I felt something wasn't right searched the fellas name here after paying and this topic popped up , I know I should have held off . I should know better. Like my friend used to say I should have slept over it before jumping in. I wrote the Texas fella and told him I figured out the scam but he assured me he's not scamming me. I have to call PayPal this morning and then go see the bank people. Well again a lesson learned, Never be in a hurry to jump in. 

Edited by edekalil
  • Like 1

Roble78 is flagged as a spammer and cannot post content without moderator approval. Can't ban someone on one complaint or anyone could do this. The 'spammer' wasn't named on the first post to begin with. Stay alert guys if it's too good to be true....

• Like 2
1 hour ago, edekalil said:

You are right there. To good to be true you better act like a big member and sleep on it first.

Fixed it for you. What you see in hindsight are life lessons; it's also helpful in exacting revenge. 

• Like 2

Machiavelli, Niccolò | Internet Encyclopedia of PhilosophyRevenge is a dish best served cold - Post by vaneives on Boldomatic

Never in the heat of the moment unless it serves your interests to do so. Too often mistakes are made in the rush to vengeance and it's too obvious who, did what. Let it mellow like good wine so that those that remember the cause are in awe of your machinations and patience. As Machiavelli said of fear and love... it is far better to be feared than loved, if one cannot be both. 

• Like 3
18 hours ago, datzenmike said:

Roble78 is flagged as a spammer and cannot post content without moderator approval. Can't ban someone on one complaint or anyone could do this. The 'spammer' wasn't named on the first post to begin with. Stay alert guys if it's too good to be true....

Cool, well now that he has scammed multiple members can we dust off skibs trusty ban hammer? Issue is he is reaching out to other peoples WTB threads, not posting his own. 

• Like 1

Well the good news is after contacting PayPal I went to my bank and had the lady there I knew fill out a fraudulent claim so today I got an email from PayPal they had refunded my money. 

Next time if it sounds to good sleep on it.

Edited by edekalil
  • Like 2

you just never know who the scammers are until the money is gone. Remember when the king cab seals were going to be made ?

he made off with over a $1000.00 of Ratsun members money. And not 1 member from Az stood up and said they will try to help correct the problem by getting Tom to return the money.  I know, it's not your problem, but, thought we was watching each others back. NOTT 

Lucky he wasn't nearer to me, I hate Fuking thief's. 

end of rant. 🙂 

Edited by 420n620
  • Like 3