mklotz70 project MEND

mklotz70

Sorry....absolutely none.  I haven't even done any work on the ball joint suspension that is supposed to go in it.  All shop time is spent on brake kits before the mill gets here.

• Replies 912
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm really hoping to have some time to work on it this summer.  I have to redo the upper control arms I designed, so that will be the next work that gets done.

Glad to see you're back!!   Give me a few more weeks to get the big toy in and up......then you can come over and check it out :)

• 2 months later...

It's still on the list and I've even come up with some cool ideas for it over the years. I'd love to get it done and off my back!!  I may just sell the Fairlane so it won't be hanging over me. 

Nope....she still doesn't drive. lol

Technically, the ball joint suspension is for Mend......but it hasn't been touched in sometime either.  I want to get it hammered out as soon as I get the brake kits done.  I keep getting sidetracked by the "issue of the day".  Hasn't been as much fun as it should be.  Heck....I'm still trying to get caught up on mill videos! :( lol

• 1 month later...

I thought I'd update with the most significant change to Mend lately.............ownership!  Without going into the whole story, my daughter got her graduation money(paid off a CC) and I got the truck.  I guess I actually own a Datsun again!! :) 

Plans for it will remain very similar to what I've had planned, but there will definitely be a couple of changes.  Now I just have to find time to work on it!

• Like 1

Thanks guys!  I'd like to at least get the metal protected before the bad weather sets in again.  I'll have to do any work to it in the driveway..... :(   I'm happy to have the whole "graduation gift" thing off my back, but it didn't get me out from under having to do the work on it. 

Thanks guys!  I'd like to at least get the metal protected before the bad weather sets in again.  I'll have to do any work to it in the driveway..... :(   I'm happy to have the whole "graduation gift" thing off my back, but it didn't get me out from under having to do the work on it. 

Sounds like an excuse for one of these

steelcarport.jpg

• 1 year later...

I'm going to put these updates here for now since the rest of the ball joint mod info is here.  Apparently, I don't have a ball joint thread separate from this????  I can't find one.  Since I'm restarting this and will finish it in the next month or two, I guess I'll start a new thread....no point in wading through all the old stuff.

• Like 4