mklotz70

• Replies 912
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Mike, look into the QA-1 small body shocks, they use a 1.875" ID spring. This is what I had to use in my IRS A-arm project because of many of the same problems that you are running into. They are in the circle track catalog. I called technical at QA-1 and said that they would be fine on the street, the only problem is you can't get over 350-400 lb. spring rate because of the size of the spring.

Thanks for the info!!  I have no plans of using coilovers, but I know there's a couple of guys following this that will appreciate that info. 

Do you know what the OD on the coil is?  With 1/2" wire, it would be 2-5/8".  That may be small enough to fit between the bumpstop mounts.  I'll try to check next time I'm on it.

• 1 month later...

There's been a few vids in between the 51 and this one.  They were more specifically about creating the bending dies to make the above part.  If you really want to see them, you can check my youtube channel.....link in sig.

• 7 months later...