Gas prices in my part of Georgia.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think John’s saying it would take longer.  <—sarcasm font. 

I’m just glad you fuckers aren’t shiting on Alabama this time. 

And we usually just call the niceties southern hospitality. 

Stoffregen, if you do move to the south bring your tools and expertise, I’ll need help with my shitboxes. 

• Like 3
19 hours ago, bottomwatcher said:

Way away from the price of gas topic but that burn pile isn't plastic and necessary to reduce your wildfire potential. I spend half the year up in the Maine woods. I use a barrel for yard waste because there isn't a yard waste removal service. After initial start with plenty of air holes in the bottom of the barrel I have zero smoke and it sounds like a jet engine once it gets going. 

Next topic. I spent 4 years in the bay area in California for college. The shear density of the population was overwhelming for me. Probably the same ratio of assholes as the rest of the country but the massive volume of people made it seem worse. Also I called it the "No" state. Everywhere there were signs telling you "No" to something. I hauled ass after graduation. I like rural and split my time between Fl and like I said Maine. Hopefully everybody is happy where they live because it really sucks when you don't like it and yes the politicians will somehow fuck up a good thing.

Funny you mention that. When we moved here in the early '80s, I couldn't help but notice that everything costs money in this state. You can't park on the side of a road and enjoy a panoramic view without having to pay someone. Nothing is free here, even fun costs money.

I use a burn barrel too and have experimented with burning waste oil. Unlike a smudge pot, once you get it going, there is no smoke and it burns like a jet engine.

• Like 1
9 hours ago, The Taterhead said:

I think John’s saying it would take longer.  <—sarcasm font. 

I’m just glad you fuckers aren’t shiting on Alabama this time. 

And we usually just call the niceties southern hospitality. 

Stoffregen, if you do move to the south bring your tools and expertise, I’ll need help with my shitboxes. 

Maybe. It's getting tough to live through fire season anymore.

• Like 1
9 hours ago, Stoffregen Motorsports said:

I use a burn barrel too and have experimented with burning waste oil. Unlike a smudge pot, once you get it going, there is no smoke and it burns like a jet engine.

This is true, I made an oil burner out of a wood stove, once you get it going the exhaust is clear and it looks like it is being forced out like a jet exhaust, but a jet can be turned off, I had to watch everything until it cooled down after cutting off the feed.

I got rid of almost 50 gallons of used oil and veggie oil from a converted diesel engine tank.

Edited by wayno
  • Like 2
On 2/12/2023 at 12:55 PM, Stoffregen Motorsports said:

Having spent a lot of time in Georgia, I have seen my share of KKK billboards, black dummies hanging from trees, white hooded statues holding torches circling a black statue. I have seen all these things, in Georgia, with my own eyes.

Where have you seen these? I've lived in GA for 25 years, traveled all across the state and I have never seen any of these things you said you've seen. 

In fact, I've traveled all across the South and never seen anything remotely close to these.

It's so strange to me that I only ever hear about these things from people that don't live in GA.

• Like 1
16 hours ago, metalmonkey47 said:

Where have you seen these? I've lived in GA for 25 years, traveled all across the state and I have never seen any of these things you said you've seen. 

In fact, I've traveled all across the South and never seen anything remotely close to these.

It's so strange to me that I only ever hear about these things from people that don't live in GA.

I remember passing through Flowery Branch when we saw these signs, billboards and statues. So somewhere near there.

There was a whites only school near my grandparent's place too. Outside of Brunswick. It was around 1985 that I remember seeing that. The wording was different. It didn't actually say whites only, but I remember being shocked.

9 hours ago, Stoffregen Motorsports said:

I remember passing through Flowery Branch when we saw these signs, billboards and statues. So somewhere near there.

There was a whites only school near my grandparent's place too. Outside of Brunswick. It was around 1985 that I remember seeing that. The wording was different. It didn't actually say whites only, but I remember being shocked.

Oh yeah, 1980's GA wouldn't surprise me. It's a very different place now, especially near Flowery Branch. GA is very much a melting pot now, and pretty well past that phase.

• Like 5