Thousands of old cars in the woods of RI

coppied from a Mustang forum:

This guy has collected HUNDREDS of acres of cars! NOBODY knows about this place. Its in the middle of nowhere in RI. The owner is working on CRUSHING all these vintage cars! He has been instructed by the state to get rid of all the cars. It will take years to crush all these cars and the owner is 70 years old. I have no idea what will become of the largest junkyard I have ever seen. Nobody knows of this place. Thousands of these classics will go to waste. Here is mostly mustang pictures I took . There us Hundreds of 64-71 Mutangs. Boss, mach 1, many many convertibles, K codes, fastbacks.. Maybe shelbys? The owner is crazy. He's always drunk is very hard to deal with. He's in another world. He said he personally DROVE nearly all the cars in a field in the 60's-70 and left them there for dead. Many are rusted beyond repair. But there still many parts cars. It will take about two weeks of walking 5 hours a day to see all the cars here. Plus many of them are so buried in overgrown trees and prickers there is no way to see them. I seen a dozen complete 392 hemi cars. This guy refuses to advertise, so nobody knows about it. Believe it or not the guy is still buying cars and driving them in the woods. The last time i was there the owner bought a running 60's mustang and drove it in the woods to be left for dead.

Some people may see these pictures and see this and think this mess is illegal, well it may be, but the state is aware of it and they have ordered him to clean it up. He is cleaning it, just very slowly. He is 70 years old and when he dies or goes fully blind (he is almost blind) The junkyard will be taken over by the state and over 20,000 classic cars will be destroyed. I do not have the owners phone number. He will sell parts or cars, but is hard to deal with and if you go there he will usually walk you to the car you need parts for if he's not too drunk. He will not let you wander around the yard by yourself to look at whatever you want.

I know I will get endless emails about this so I will give you all the info I have right here.

If you want to see this massive junkyard from a map view I found it on google maps. You can see the cars scattered in the woods.

According to google maps location is called "brant trail". Scroll over from that location and follow the trail of junk in the woods.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=60+weaver+hill+rd,+west+greenwich+ri&sll=41.648064,-71.626031&sspn=0.007536,0.013819&g=60+weaver+hill+rd,+west+greenwich+ri&ie=UTF8&ll=41.641297,-71.625881&spn=0.007537,0.013819&t=h&z=16&iwloc=addr

Here's just some of the pictures:

http://s214.photobucket.com/albums/cc114/bkl89/

Gotta be a few old Datsuns in there.

Edited by datzenmike
  • Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i know of a place like this in Rainier oregon. The guy is a complete drunken asshole.

not as many cars, but quite a few oldies in there with tons and TONS of parts.

i thought about maybe goin out there sometime with someone and seeing if we cant get some parts off them, freaky510 if your up for a midnight run let me know haha :lol:

anyways, a note for this guy. One if its his property and no one can see it from the road whats the problem? laws must be different there. Second,

if you put out some mass craigs list ads, at 5-10 bux a part. you would walk away a rich person, and not have to send shit to the crusher. after people were done picking parts the scrap could be sold as well. lots of money to be made there. wish that was mine :D

a 59 or 60 f100 <3 I love those.

You were overlooking the hardtop convertible money getter in front of it though~!

i know of a place like this in Rainier oregon. The guy is a complete drunken asshole.

Google maps that shit so we north west boys can see it!

I'm like 3-4 hours from there and SHOCKED they are fairing as well as they are. If the owner is really being forced to scrap them, which wouldn't shock me, then I will def be taking a ride.

If I lived within an hour of that place I would be fly-by-nighting daily lol. What a waste.....

looks like a hilman...I want some of those mopars

Thats a good call, it's a hillman husky. With character too, I have always liked it as well. Look at the riveted body work lol. Is it sitting on a bus too or what?

That place is bad on soooo many levels. :eek:

You were overlooking the hardtop convertible money getter in front of it though~!

Google maps that shit so we north west boys can see it!

its covered by trees, and back off the road 10-15 feet so not many people know about it. the first pic shows about where its at. The second pic shows exactly where its at. There is a little road up there but its probably overgrown by now. The house with the red circle and slash thru it is where the owners live. there are 2 ways of getting up in there as where the red arrow points is a road, and it comes out on the other side.

I have been up in that spot many of times and not been caught, night or day. (then again, i wasnt there to snag parts i was just snooping around cuz i love cars) my friend knocked on that guys door once and almost got his nuts bit off by the doods rabbid dog :lol: ) I just drive up there in my quiet car and park, i havent been there in probably 8 years or something. Next time i go out that way i will stop and see if i can snap a few pics. Last time i was out there, i saw a 56 nomad, hemi cuda, some 50's fords and chevs. couple impalas. bodies were rusted a bit but all the chrome trims, hubcabs, engines, interior pieces looked great last i knew.

jackpot.jpg

jackpot2.jpg

Next time im spending some time in the oregon area im going there for sure! there is one near my parents place but nothing near like what this thread has covered! why dont these people that stash cars live in Arizona or some where dry and hot so that the cars stay fresh!