Anyone ever buy from this fella

edekalil

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I got a little ways with a seller on Instagram with a similar name. Tried to get me to Zelle him money, both his random email Zelle accounts were super shady, and Zelle basically wouldn't even let me get any farther. It was a minimal amount of money, so I was going to give it a try, but I couldn't even get that far. Was a pretty poor scammer if you ask me lol.

A NOS "wagon" badge popped up from a seller in Saudi Arabia.  I think these badges were only offered on Australian and South African wagons, so a new one is crazy rare.  It had a $100 buy-it-now price, so I figured what the hell and sent the paypal.  The damn thing arrived about 10 days later, and it was new in the box. 

I really expected to get burned, but was floored when it showed up..

I've seen the "Datsun Spares" name around.  Just curious, but where did you see this ad?  It sounds similar to a guy that always has an ad on Craigslist Los Angeles...

The fella was real pushing me to buy what I asked about but all his pics where not anything I was looking for even when I sent him pics of what I wanted. And he wouldn't stop. I didn't buy anything and told him I wasn't interested. He didn't seem to know what I was asking for even with pics. Anyway I passed on what ever he was pushing.

19 hours ago, Duncan said:

A NOS "wagon" badge popped up from a seller in Saudi Arabia.  I think these badges were only offered on Australian and South African wagons, so a new one is crazy rare.  It had a $100 buy-it-now price, so I figured what the hell and sent the paypal.  The damn thing arrived about 10 days later, and it was new in the box. 

I've seen the "Datsun Spares" name around.  Just curious, but where did you see this ad?  It sounds similar to a guy that always has an ad on Craigslist Los Angeles...

I recently met a guy from Saudi Arabia (he actually came to my shop) that was offering to help me source rare NOS Land Cruiser parts. I was skeptical, but he's been super helpful and for some reason, the Saudis have bought up literal warehouses full of NOS car and truck parts. I'm tempted to try importing a whole vehicle just to see how that process goes.

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...
On 6/21/2022 at 1:28 PM, Duncan said:

I remember hearing @The510Keeper saying that he's had surprisingly good success with buying 510 spare parts from sellers in Egypt and maybe also some other places you would ordinarily be pretty wary of doing business with. Kinda cool that the Datsun love and culture is so global. I've been talking with people for less than two weeks and already I feel like I've made relationships with people from all over the USA.
(James correct me if I recalled anything incorrectly) 

• 2 months later...
On 6/22/2022 at 8:58 AM, Stoffregen Motorsports said:

I recently met a guy from Saudi Arabia (he actually came to my shop) that was offering to help me source rare NOS Land Cruiser parts. I was skeptical, but he's been super helpful and for some reason, the Saudis have bought up literal warehouses full of NOS car and truck parts. I'm tempted to try importing a whole vehicle just to see how that process goes.

Quite a few years back, I imported a wagon from Australia.  I checked into pricing for importing from South Africa and from a few Middle East countries, and both were substantially more expensive.  Importing the car from Australia was reasonably straightforward.  The biggest hassle I had was from the Cal DMV.  The field offices vary wildly from location to location, and you will get the wrong info as they don't usually have a clue on rules and regs regarding importing cars.

I actually had to go to three different field offices to get my VIN verified.  Now that they have authorized third party businesses to do this work, I presume it's probably easier to do these days.  

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...