Bang Van

1 minute ago, yenpit said:

See if you can find a parts blowup like above, but for the 1990's Toyota Previa van, that had the engine in a similar position in the chassis.  Maybe Toyota used a similar cable......??  Toyota DID make a manual Previa, but most were automatic.  Toyota likely sold many more of the Previa's, so if you can "borrow" a similar manual shift cable, would be much easier to find in a junkyard...........heck, if you think it would work, might still be available from Toyota.......??

Yeah i was actually also thinking of the 80's Toyota Van as well that has pretty much the same set up.  I'll have to see if the local toyota parts department may be still be able to order those parts.  

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, ArchetypeDatsun said:

Yeah i was actually also thinking of the 80's Toyota Van as well that has pretty much the same set up.  I'll have to see if the local toyota parts department may be still be able to order those parts.  

Hmmmmmm I think you should look at the 1990's Previa.  That 1980's Toyota van looks kinda like this Nissan van & they did not produce as many as the later Previa.  Just my 2cents!

12 minutes ago, yenpit said:

Hmmmmmm I think you should look at the 1990's Previa.  That 1980's Toyota van looks kinda like this Nissan van & they did not produce as many as the later Previa.  Just my 2cents!

For sure we do have a lot of both the previs and Toyota vans around here if i can't find something I'll have to pick a few mechanics brain see if they ever dealt with this issue.  Either way gotta find a solution.

• 1 month later...

Finally was able to get my parts a week ago and my good friend @reza was nice enough to help me get it fixed.  Found a parts van in a junkyard in Colorado.  @konig209 hooked me up with a contact of the guy who pulled parts.  Got lucky as the parts van was also a manual like mine with only 63k miles and was able to get the shift linkage cables.  IMG_20211115_145525_509.thumb.jpg.36cd9e819b4db6d0f30741b198efaea0.jpg

• Like 1

Also i been driving it since to work and a few times around town.  Still gotta register it and change the title over lol.  I'm happy to finally drive it again since March.  Rides like a bus and needs attention.  Gotta give a oil change, tune up and clean the heck out of the engine it's nasty under there.  Even for being as heavy as it is the van drives pretty good and decent power.

IMG_20211122_225658_006.jpg

• Like 4
  • 2 weeks later...

Well since driving it daily today starting up early am for work it was making an awful noise.  I hope it isn't anything to be worried but I'll have to diagnose it before trying to drive it again.  I definitely want to give the Z24 a chance before swapping a KA in it not looking for power or going fast but would be nice to have a little extra.  

IMG_20211127_205354_643.jpg

• Like 2