I bought Squirrelette's Goon!

It turns out it used to be Carter's wagon back in the olden days.  He sold it to another guy we work with named Patrick who then sold it.  It ended up with Squirrelette for a long time.  She had IRS from a 510 Sedan installed.  It also got a KA swap.  I fixed the wiring on it 5 years ago.  Such a cool wagon.  Here is a pic of her leaving my house.  

CK0LMAy.jpg

Later the motor started to smoke, they pulled the motor and found another KA for it.  It never got finished.  I found a bone stock Nissan 240sx near some land me and my brother own.  I tried to buy it a few years ago.  They used it as a daily driver so they said no.  A few years later I saw it with a sign in the back window!!!!  He wanted 5k for it. A bit was a bit steep.  I told Squirrelett and her husband about it.  They ended up getting it for 3500 which I think was a fair price.  Since they had so many cars they need to get rid of one!  They posted the goon on facebook and I bought it.  It was only fair that I got it.  I mean I found Squirrelette her exact High School 240sx I mean same color model everything.  

Here is how it looks now.  Kinda sad.  I will restore it to its former glory!!  

ZQ5Y8hj.jpg

JVdGoiY.jpg

tvZakDx.jpg

Sn5kZiV.jpg

FuWBepU.jpg

Here are some photos of it when Carter owned it and a few from when Squirrelette first got it.  

D2yKU9r.jpg

zi5meuS.jpg

My favorite look!!!!

YbtQbaa.jpg

FhmPQHK.jpg

t3qEpUo.jpg

WwBFlah.jpg

I've never had a wagon as a driver, I've owned a few project wagons but never daily drivers.  I liked the 68 wagon of Doom we build way back in the day with IRS.  I couldn't pass one up with IRS.  To cool!  I've also never had a KA 510.  This could be two firsts!  

• Like 5
  • Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, banzai510(hainz) said:

amazing how 510  owners spend tons of money fixing up a car then to RUIN the car later

It sure did have a good look for a few years there.  

19 minutes ago, banzai510(hainz) said:

best you just sell me your good cars as I keep them the same for 20 years than to sell it to those guys and ruin it

Just make sure I'm in your will for your rusty 4 door! 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, banzai510(hainz) said:

Its you or Frank that get it.  But maybe  you would only sell it and it would be in this thread of needing selling again after the next low income entry level car owner gets it and and destroys it after  a year after being on the earth 50 years

Me sell it?  Now way!  I would enter it in parades.  Men and women would throw flowers in front of it while cheering.  It would get the respect it deserves.  

• Like 1

4th 510 I ever purchased

1st 510 I ever sold

Purchased in December 2002 for $1,500 from Carl Cariaga in Tacoma

Had it painted (Earl Schieb or Maaco in Shoreline, by the old ice skating rink)

Sold to co-worker Patrick for $1,900 in June 2004.

Who had it between Patrick and Squirrelette?

• Like 3
13 hours ago, carterb said:

4th 510 I ever purchased

1st 510 I ever sold

Purchased in December 2002 for $1,500 from Carl Cariaga in Tacoma

Had it painted (Earl Schieb or Maaco in Shoreline, by the old ice skating rink)

Sold to co-worker Patrick for $1,900 in June 2004.

Who had it between Patrick and Squirrelette?

I thing you came and saved me on the side of the road in that thing.  And I had my dime painted at Maaco.  Likely at your advise.  

nice fuckin dime Icehouse.  Great platform for greaterness.  

• Like 3
  • 2 months later...

Got it running!!!!   hooked up a bunch of wires, added battery cables and hooked up fuel lines they were installed backwards.  It fired right up.  The goal is to have it running for Carters B-day.  He will have his goon running then.  The rear arches need to be repaired and radiator needs a fan.  Also the front grill, headlights and wiring needs to be gone through.  So yeah.  Lots of work left.  

iCWXivA.jpg

E0l91cH.jpg

SETB2dM.jpg

• Like 3
1 hour ago, banzai510(hainz) said:

Is that the landscapers Nissan truck?

man why they fuck up that wagon?buy wheels that fit is alot cheap in the long run than body work. Rota OS or RS is just cheaper Sell the Panasport to a Z car guy

You're loving the D21 aren't you!

The wheels were on my 2 door and fit fine.  They must have done some camber correction.  If I didn't have to rebuild the lips I would find other wheels.  Since it's all chopped up I will look into what is needed for clearance.  

Pop rivets for fender flare attachment are common in off-roading, if you scrape them off on a rock they’re less likely to break something important.  Think of if like those drift cars with zip ties holding the bumpers on. 

One of the things I love about the car community is that we all have our own touches.  What I do to my car is what I like and can afford at the time.  As my tastes change so does the way I modify my cars. I’m glad that a group of Datsun enthusiasts have all owned and modified this very wagon.  I have enjoyed seeing a couple of your build threads Ice and I look forward to seeing what you do with this one.

Here’s to keeping this very goon in the enthusiast community for another 50 years!

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Soundline said:

Pop rivets for fender flare attachment are common in off-roading, if you scrape them off on a rock they’re less likely to break something important.  Think of if like those drift cars with zip ties holding the bumpers on. 

Ahhh.... ablation.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, datzenmike said:

Ahhh.... ablation.

I had the fender flares on my 68’ Bronco, 89’ F-150, 89’ Bronco... et al done in this fashion.  Very handy.  

I personally would only do it on a car that I was using for competition.