On 8/17/2024 at 11:29 PM, gh0stwerx76 said:
On 8/17/2024 at 11:26 PM, Ooph! said:

Its been a tire shop for many years now the building is still there, the only part of the area that still looks rundown 60's or 70's across from the sports arena

Foggy's Notion.jpg

Foggy's street view.png

Foggy's Notion inside.jpg

Foggy's burned down in early 2000s but by then it had lost its old mojo. Do you remember Midway Arcade, DOW stereo, Tower Records, The Bull Weevil, Weekend swap meet at the Point Loma Drive in, and the Winchell's donuts on the corner of West PL blv and Orleans that had a Weight Watchers above it?

They don't know what they got till it's gone. Pave paradise, put up a parking lot. 

Edited by paradime
Hellow voice to text, it didn't "burped" down, it burned down
  • Like 2
  • Replies 19.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• datzenmike

• john510

• paradime

• Mattndew76

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Government is a pit, a hole of compromise and futility designed to surround and restrain the common man. The Second Amendment is a ladder. It is an avenue through which anyone can reach the highest office of government. It is the reason the United States remains governed by the people and not for the people. Some try to climb, but fall and the fall breaks them. They return to the pit and the fear of falling keeps them from trying again. Others refuse climb, they cling to bureaucracy and committee and throw tantrums destroying what their neighbor built. Illusions, only the power to protect against tyranny is real, The Second Amendment is all there is.

another shot at re-configuring the Game of Thrones quote

• Like 2
3 hours ago, paradime said:

Foggy's burped down in early 2000s but by then it had lost its old mojo. Do you remember Midway Arcade, DOW stereo, Tower Records, The Bull Weevil, Weekend swap meet at the Point Loma Drive in, and the Winchell's donuts on the corner of West PL blv and Orleans that had a Weight Watchers above it?

They don't know what they got till it's gone. Pave paradise, put up a parking lot. 

There was a Tower records just up the street to Foggy's that I did frequent a couple of titty bars across the street and the Point Loma drive in.

Damn some of you guy's fool me you remember some of the same places but you are a lifetime younger than me.

Just having a discussion with my step son about the same places at the local Brewery a half mile away from my house ( yes I can crawl if I have to ) good times spaced out with some really bad shit that I choose to only remember the good, sometimes wish I could go back.

• Like 3
16 hours ago, Ooph! said:

There was a Tower records just up the street to Foggy's that I did frequent a couple of titty bars across the street and the Point Loma drive in.

Damn some of you guy's fool me you remember some of the same places but you are a lifetime younger than me.

Just having a discussion with my step son about the same places at the local Brewery a half mile away from my house ( yes I can crawl if I have to ) good times spaced out with some really bad shit that I choose to only remember the good, sometimes wish I could go back.

I grew up there in the early 60s when SD was still the forgotten BIG small town. Feels like it was yesterday, and I'd go back in a heartbeat. From our house above India st. (bought for $19K in 1961) we had a view of the bay from West down town/harbor, Lidberg Field and all the space and defense industry hangers, MCRD/NTC, and North to Point Loma. I watched Interstate 5, and the Coronado bridge being built. My dad worked at General Dynamics as a welder, and maternal grandfather was lead docent on the Star of India. I remember before it became Denny's on PCH, it was China Camp restaurant and the Fat City Club where the parking lot flooded every time it rained. I also remember Little Black Sambo's at the end of Rosecrans before it became the SD Landmark Perry's Cafe in 1970. At 84, my dad had been a regular for nearly 50 yrs. Although it was always packed, last month it was closed for yet another commercial development project. The only place in SD that still has it's soul is OB, because they've preserved what they got, by the chamber of commerce telling corporate chain stores where to stick it.. Their Rite-Aid still has the same Thrifty Ice Cream counter of my childhood, and I got to share that with my kids. 

• Like 1

Did anyone see the "Full measure with Sharyl Attkisson" on a few days ago

It was about Covid and Turbo Cancer since Covid started, the phrase "Inject and infect" was used.

Of all the channels it was on channel 2, the propaganda channel, I myself would never have thought something like this would have ever been on that channel, I suspect it was on there so they could say "we" are not hiding anything, see we broadcast that info on this day/channel.

Edited by wayno
  • Sad 1

Sharyl Attkisson has tried, and unsuccessfully, to forward the conspiracy theory linking vaccinations and autism. Something that no one believes except nut jobs. Turbo cancer? again another conspiracy theory disproved and mocked by anyone in cancer research who have found zero connection to anyone who have taken covid vaccines. I couldn't find anything on channel 2 the propaganda channel but typing that in I got Fox NEWS.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
40 minutes ago, datzenmike said:

Sharyl Attkisson has tried, and unsuccessfully, to forward the conspiracy theory linking vaccinations and autism. Something that no one believes except nut jobs. Turbo cancer? again another conspiracy theory disproved and mocked by anyone in cancer research who have found zero connection to anyone who have taken covid vaccines. I couldn't find anything on channel 2 the propaganda channel but typing that in I got Fox NEWS.

Zero connection, yep None Nada Bupkis Zilch

Edited by Ooph!
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
On 8/18/2024 at 1:27 PM, john510 said:

I do remember Horton Plaza being known for prostitution before they cleaned it up. I remember because it was in the news, not because I went there for some ass. 

• Haha 2
2 minutes ago, Ooph! said:

Zero connection, yep None Nada Bupkis Zilch

Anyone can claim anything these days and stick it on U tube. Alex Jones comes to mind. Cancer happens. Anyone who took the vaccine and just happened to develop cancer automatically has Turbo Cancer? (hang on a sec while I roll my eyes) Kate Middleton had Turbo Cancer.

• Confused 1
6 minutes ago, datzenmike said:

Anyone can claim anything these days and stick it on U tube. Alex Jones comes to mind. Cancer happens. Anyone who took the vaccine and just happened to develop cancer automatically has Turbo Cancer? (hang on a sec while I roll my eyes) Kate Middleton had Turbo Cancer.

In the two reference videos presented by Doctors in medecine and Biology with references to other doctors work datzenmike says -->

dMike II.jpg

Edited by Ooph!
  • Haha 4

The guy works with livestock or did. Anything about him is him saying it. How about some peer reviews on his allegations?

Saying something doesn't automatically make it true. The fucks wrong with you guys?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
40 minutes ago, Ooph! said:

In the two reference videos presented by Doctors in medecine and Biology with references to other doctors work datzenmike says -->

dMike II.jpg

Only got the one video up here. Going back I do see the other now. Still not blowing up my skirt. When there is something more concrete you can re-post them and say I told you so. Right now needs more looking into. It's just hearsay.

• Confused 1

Bottom line, If you watch these vids, neither Doctors makes any connection between CV-19 vacs and cancer of any kind. Only taking about a specific cancer treatment possibly causing higher rates of this more aggressive strain. I understand a healthy mistrust in the establishment, but buying into crazy unsubstantiated theories from a fear mongering tinfoil ass hat like Sharyl Attkisson is beyond me. 

1 hour ago, paradime said:

Bottom line, If you watch these vids, neither Doctors makes any connection between CV-19 vacs and cancer of any kind. Only taking about a specific cancer treatment possibly causing higher rates of this more aggressive strain. I understand a healthy mistrust in the establishment, but buying into crazy unsubstantiated theories from a fear mongering tinfoil ass hat like Sharyl Attkisson is beyond me. 

Correct they are not saying they have evidence they are saying it should be looked into because there is enough of a connection it warrants investigation. I had never heard of her until now.

2 hours ago, datzenmike said:

The guy works with livestock or did. Anything about him is him saying it. How about some peer reviews on his allegations?

Saying something doesn't automatically make it true. The fucks wrong with you guys?

Talk about cherry picking what about the the rest of his bio?

He's in Canada maybe there's more money in animal DNA sequencing than Human in the Canadian healthcare system.

Emphasis is mine

Merogenomics Inc., based in Edmonton, Canada, was founded by Dr. Mikolaj Raszek in 2015, who currently manages the corporation. Dr. Mikolaj Raszek holds a degree in Honours Genetics as well as a doctorate degree in Biochemistry, both obtained at the University of Alberta in Edmonton. During graduate studies, Dr. Raszek became excited by combinatorial biosynthesis and its application to genomics.

After defending his PhD dissertation, Dr. Raszek moved to Germany in 2012 to work at the University of Leipzig. Continued interest in microbial genomics exposed him to the still novel but burgeoning field of genomic medicine based on human DNA sequencing, and he decided to continue his career in this area of science.

Upon his return to Canada in 2013, Dr. Raszek found employment in Edmonton at Livestock Gentec, a young company dedicated to exploring the commercial benefits of genomic research in the Canadian livestock industry. The benefits that genomic sequencing could offer became clear, and in 2014 Dr. Raszek decided to start a business that would provide access to genome sequencing to the general public. Merogenomics Inc. came into existence to provide greater awareness and education about the benefits (and limitations) of genome sequencing.

Edited by Ooph!
  • Like 2
1 hour ago, Ooph! said:

Correct they are not saying they have evidence they are saying it should be looked into because there is enough of a connection it warrants investigation. I had never heard of her until now.

Now you're talking sense. If valid it should be looked at, not people posting shit like it's true.

1 hour ago, Ooph! said:

Merogenomics Inc., based in Edmonton, Canada, was founded by Dr. Mikolaj Raszek in 2015, who currently manages the corporation.

So he has a vested interest in stirring the pot to drum up interest to promote his company.  

• Confused 1

So Harris is lying about being black and Walz is lying about his rank in the national gaurd. These loones lie as if we were in the 1950s and it was damn near impossible for people to find the truth. They're so used to people eating up the bullshit they feed them that they have no shame anymore. 

• Like 2

Harris's father is of Afro-Jamaican decent, so she's part black I already covered this. She can call herself Indian or Black or both if she wants. She's more black than some blacks.

As to Waltz someone needs to ask John Cole for some proof of this alleged claim. Simply put-up or shut up. Waltz either is or isn't. Easy to find out who's wrong. So quick to call someone a liar.

• Haha 1

A subject that passes across the current 'front page' of 'Destruction...' from time to time is U.S. firearms ownership and related statistics. I haven't and don't intend to fact check this article as I've more pressing and immediate issues to tend to, but just considered someone here with more interest in the subject might have more 

keyboard time' to dig into it.

https://www.theburningplatform.com/2024/08/19/gun-violence-statistics-2024-comprehensive-look-at-the-data-2/#more-346535 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
4 hours ago, IZRL said:

So Harris is lying about being black and Walz is lying about his rank in the national gaurd. These loones lie as if we were in the 1950s and it was damn near impossible for people to find the truth. They're so used to people eating up the bullshit they feed them that they have no shame anymore. 

What a phony this guy is. And a weirdo. I saw some video of him at the DNC thing. Dancing, waving his arms, leg kicking ? Fucking strange behavior. This VP thing is serious business and not some cheerleader pep rally for a High School football game. Act serious and professional. Somebody that smiles and laughs that much about running for VP worries me. He reminds me of Tim Kaine ? I think it was some years ago. 

• Like 3
3 hours ago, datzenmike said:

Harris's father is of Afro-Jamaican decent, so she's part black I already covered this. She can call herself Indian or Black or both if she wants. She's more black than some blacks.

As to Waltz someone needs to ask John Cole for some proof of this alleged claim. Simply put-up or shut up. Waltz either is or isn't. Easy to find out who's wrong. So quick to call someone a liar.

The right was not saying she doesn't have some black ancestry its that she didn't claim it until she needed to.

She's playing that she's down with the struggle yet she wasn't raised as black she was raised as an Indian in an Indian household because Daddy wasn't there. There are interviews and show clips where she proudly claims her Indian heritage and never once mentioned her blackness.

2016     https://www.businessinsider.com/californias-kamala-harris-becomes-first-indian-american-us-senator-2016-11

2017     https://www.sacbee.com/news/politics-government/article124327739.html

2017     https://www.kpbs.org/news/politics/2017/01/03/kamala-harris-sworn-us-senate

Tim Walz is documented many times claiming he retired at Command Sargent Major rank. His DD214 the military discharge document has been made public and the rank of CSM is struck out because he did not complete the requirements. Not only did he leave early he went around his command to seek permission from someone he knew. He has also claimed to have carried his weapon IN war yet was never deployed etc etc.

I'm beginning to see now why he was chosen, birds of a feather flock together

• Like 1