9 hours ago, datsuntech said:

It never ceases to amaze me how people don't understand that the government has no money. They say things like " the democrats will give me more benefits" .

Where do you think this money comes from? They tax the shit out of you then give you back a percentage and claim they are helping. Now all parties do this but the Dems seem to have more gullible followers who think this is great. Low IQ automatons.... 

The kids think that the Government should provide everything to them

for FREE,& are shocked when they get a decent job that they have to pay a lot in

taxes to fund all that "FREE" stuff.

• Like 2
  • Replies 19.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• datzenmike

• john510

• paradime

• Mattndew76

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 7/8/2024 at 8:56 PM, john510 said:

When they get that going every vehicle I own will either be registered in another state or the speedometer will be broken. Do it fairly, charge electric vehicles the mileage tax. I already pay a tax every time I gas up a vehicle. And the registration fees ? My 53 year old Datsun is now 130 bucks a year. It used to be 16 bucks.

When I went & registered my '94 Dodge Dakota 4WD pickup here in Virginia today,

I thought "I guess I'm not in California anymore".

The total was $25.75 for 1 year.In CA,it 1 would be $100/$200 more.

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, angliagt said:

I saw that coming when they rolled out that mandate.

Do you think that the'll ever lower taxes there?

You know how you lower taxes here ? You earn less money or you get paid in cash. A little bit of both goes a long way. No they won't ever lower taxes here. The only lowered tax I think we could possibly get would be a real estate bust where those that paid too much lose a lot of value. Then they can re-assess and lower their property taxes. I bet the state fears that scenario.

• Like 2
Just now, angliagt said:

When I went & registered my '94 Dodge Dakota 4WD pickup here in Virginia today,

I thought "I guess I'm not in California anymore".

The total was $25.75 for 1 year.In CA,it 1 would be $100/$200 more.

A good friend bought a 2020 Chevy diesel 2500 here in California. Registration was almost 900 a year. He moved to Texas and paid 60 bucks for two years with no transfer fees. They're fucking all of us.

• Like 3
8 hours ago, datzenmike said:

This is quoted in a Heinlein novel. I think it was To sail Beyond The Sunset.

Politicians and Trump in particular would never lie to you.

This is also not Trump's style of communication

I love Heinlein

22 minutes ago, john510 said:

I see we're talking Project 2025. The left is pushing it as if Trump has anything to do with it. Only an idiot would buy into that bullshit.

It only matters to those who were never going to support Trump in the first place. The "Non-Trumpers" are 10x worse than any MAGA assholes. The Non-Trumpers write shit like the 2025 project as jerk off material for other Non-Trumpers. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
10 hours ago, datsuntech said:

It never ceases to amaze me how people don't understand that the government has no money. They say things like " the democrats will give me more benefits" .

Where do you think this money comes from? They tax the shit out of you then give you back a percentage and claim they are helping. Now all parties do this but the Dems seem to have more gullible followers who think this is great. Low IQ automatons.... 

But the United States gives out much more money than comes in every year. How many billion for wars? How many billion to save some shithole? How many billion to bail out some assholes? And none of that ever gets paid back, ever. So is it gullible to pay your loans back or is it gullible to think you don't have too........

• Like 2
11 minutes ago, frankendat said:

It only matters to those who were never going to support Trump in the first place. The "Non-Trumpers" are 10x worse than any MAGA assholes. The Non-Trumpers write shit like the 2025 project as jerk off material for other Non-Trumpers. 

I believe the group that created that project are Trump supporters. I guess they have to be, they have no other choice. 

• Confused 1
1 hour ago, frankendat said:

Ya might wanna rethink that.

I've just begun looking at it and it's going to help

https://www.project2025.org/about/about-project-2025/

https://www.project2025.org/policy/

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Ooph! said:

Ya might wanna rethink that.

I've just begun looking at it and it's going to help

https://www.project2025.org/about/about-project-2025/

https://www.project2025.org/policy/

Aaaah 🤔.....Just from what I read in these two links. My paranoia alarm is going off.

"It is not enough for conservatives to win elections. If we are going to rescue the country from the grip of the radical Left, we need both a governing agenda and the right people in place, ready to carry this agenda out on day one of the next conservative administration."

Drastic times don't always call for drastic measures especially when it comes to running a country. Its impossible to fix what this admin screwed up, in just one "conservative" term. Trying to do so will require extreme changes. I can see this going sideways fast. The right could and most likely will take advantage of the fact that people are desperate for their lives/ country to improve. Time and time again the gov has used desperate times like this to get us to agree to anything.

"Our goal is to assemble an army of aligned, vetted, trained, and prepared conservatives to go to work on Day One to deconstruct the Administrative State."

Man I've said it here before and I'll say it again. I believe that the right and the left have just been taking turns being the bad guys over the years. And that they're both actually working towards reaching the same "ultimate agenda".

Imagine if both the right/left partys and the elites had agreed to this madness (2020-2024). What if they agreed to the dems royally screwing this country over during this administration. Than agreed to have the right come in disguised as the "savior party" to act like they're going to put the broken pieces back together. When what they're actually planning to do is use people's desperation to get us to blindly agree to shit that will also end up shafting us in the end.. to further the "ultimate agenda". We... I keep falling for this shit.

I don't think Trump has said that he is on board with any of this? But we'll see... 

Edited by IZRL
  • Like 2
4 hours ago, IZRL said:

Aaaah 🤔.....Just from what I read in these two links. My paranoia alarm is going off.

"It is not enough for conservatives to win elections. If we are going to rescue the country from the grip of the radical Left, we need both a governing agenda and the right people in place, ready to carry this agenda out on day one of the next conservative administration."

Drastic times don't always call for drastic measures especially when it comes to running a country. Its impossible to fix what this admin screwed up, in just one "conservative" term. Trying to do so will require extreme changes. I can see this going sideways fast. The right could and most likely will take advantage of the fact that people are desperate for their lives/ country to improve. Time and time again the gov has used desperate times like this to get us to agree to anything.

"Our goal is to assemble an army of aligned, vetted, trained, and prepared conservatives to go to work on Day One to deconstruct the Administrative State."

Man I've said it here before and I'll say it again. I believe that the right and the left have just been taking turns being the bad guys over the years. And that they're both actually working towards reaching the same "ultimate agenda".

Imagine if both the right/left partys and the elites had agreed to this madness (2020-2024). What if they agreed to the dems royally screwing this country over during this administration. Than agreed to have the right come in disguised as the "savior party" to act like they're going to put the broken pieces back together. When what they're actually planning to do is use people's desperation to get us to blindly agree to shit that will also end up shafting us in the end.. to further the "ultimate agenda". We... I keep falling for this shit.

I don't think Trump has said that he is on board with any of this? But we'll see... 

He's already stated he's not on board with it. He actually calls some of their ideas radical. I'm trying to remember where I saw that, Twitter maybe ? 

• Like 1
12 hours ago, angliagt said:

I saw that coming when they rolled out that mandate.

Do you think that the'll ever lower taxes there?

No.  The California leaders have a long history of passing "temporary" tax increases with an end date.  When the expiration nears, they quietly extend it for multiple years, or they make it permanent.    

• Like 3
4 hours ago, john510 said:

He's already stated he's not on board with it. He actually calls some of their ideas radical. I'm trying to remember where I saw that, Twitter maybe ? 

You mean the quote I posted on page 701?

• Like 3
7 hours ago, Duncan said:

Even though this is Sacramento, I'm sure this is happening in every City in the US with a "progressive" DA.  They are threatening retail stores who are reporting crimes now.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/sacramento-city-attorney-reportedly-threatened-023635933.html  

I wish every Democrat in this state could be forced to read that whole article so maybe they could understand what a fucking mess they created. 

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, john510 said:

I wish every Democrat in this state could be forced to read that whole article so maybe they could understand what a fucking mess they created. 

They're living in a sewer, if they haven't figured it out by now....

• Like 3
38 minutes ago, IZRL said:

They're living in a sewer, if they haven't figured it out by now....

They've probably figured it out but will continue to vote the same. Their party is working on ideas to fix the problem. LOL. More bad ideas.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
8 hours ago, Duncan said:

Even though this is Sacramento, I'm sure this is happening in every City in the US with a "progressive" DA.  They are threatening retail stores who are reporting crimes now.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/sacramento-city-attorney-reportedly-threatened-023635933.html  

Sounds like Target pissed em off by kicking the cops out of their stores for trying to catch shoplifters.  So Target tells the local sheriff to keep their people out of their stores and not arrest shoplifters.  And then continues to call the cops for shoplifters which pissed the cops off.  This is some personal vendetta bullshit sounds like.  

• Confused 1
1 hour ago, tr8er said:

Sounds like Target pissed em off by kicking the cops out of their stores for trying to catch shoplifters.  So Target tells the local sheriff to keep their people out of their stores and not arrest shoplifters.  And then continues to call the cops for shoplifters which pissed the cops off.  This is some personal vendetta bullshit sounds like.  

I have to ask how you came to that conclusion ? Where does it say Target kicked the cops out of the store ? 

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, john510 said:

I have to ask how you came to that conclusion ? Where does it say Target kicked the cops out of the store ? 

I read the story, and the author says they threatened fines for reporting crimes, and that contradicts their claims that crime was gone down when indeed it has not.

From the article:

"Now the government seeks to silence those retailers and, in turn, manufacturers lower crime rates," Castronova said. "No citizen should ever be penalized for lawfully calling upon its government for protection."

Edited by Duncan
  • Like 2
On 7/9/2024 at 6:26 AM, MikeRL411 said:

Democracy will last unti; peopl realise they can vote themselves money Tocqueville circa 1700s

That's been floating around in right wing rhetoric since the 2000 election, but misquote and taken out of context.

Fighting to have states ratify the US Constitution as a republic, in 1787 it was Ben Franklin who was paraphrasing Socrates about the practical limitations of a pure democracy, saying "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." 

Also back in the 1700s, it was the Scottish Englishman Alexander Fraser Tytler's criticism of American democracy when he wrote "A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves largesse from the public treasury. Tocqueville didn't came to America until 1831, and only quoted Tytler's exact words for contrary argument in his book American Democracy.  

By far, Tytler's most prophetic words on history are "Democratic nations progress through the following sequence: From bondage to spiritual faith; From spiritual faith to great courage; From courage to liberty; From liberty to abundance; From abundance to selfishness; From selfishness to complacency; From complacency to apathy; From apathy to dependence; From dependence back into bondage. While we blame one side or the other for our own damn failures, this path delivered us into corporate bondage. 

2 minutes ago, Duncan said:

I read the story, and the author says they threatened fines for reporting crimes, and that contradicts their claims that crime was gone down when indeed it has not.

From the article:

"Now the government seeks to silence those retailers and, in turn, manufacturers lower crime rates," Castronova said. "No citizen should ever be penalized for lawfully calling upon its government for protection."

I read it three times. Where's the part about Target kicking the cops out of the store ? What am I missing here ? I'd bet Target or any other retailer would love to have a cop in the store. Of course he wouldn't be allowed to arrest anybody but it's a deterrent.

• Like 1
47 minutes ago, john510 said:

I read it three times. Where's the part about Target kicking the cops out of the store ? What am I missing here ? I'd bet Target or any other retailer would love to have a cop in the store. Of course he wouldn't be allowed to arrest anybody but it's a deterrent.

I think he was referring to this other Fox article.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/retail/california-sheriff-loses-it-major-retailer-blocking-cops-nabbing-shoplifters

So maybe his point was valid after all. I get the anti Newscum stuff, but can you explain why you guys post this stuff and then say you don't trust MSNM propaganda?

• Like 1