• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• datzenmike

• john510

• paradime

• Mattndew76

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Religion may have brought us out of the Dark Age, but it's prophets delivered us right into the hands of mind control through God's gift of divine guilt and judgement. The hypocrisy of organized religion has left them without a moral finger to wag. Whether bowing to their own greed for power, or to public outrage over their grotesque amorality, God's holy representatives have shot themselves in the foot so many times, they don't have a righteous leg to stand on. A chosen faith for a version of morality and salvation has caused more death, suffering,  and destruction in the past 4,000 years than any plague known to man by a factor of 100X. And for what, a shot at going to heaven in the afterlife if I choose the right one and do what the Church, Synagog, Mosque, Temple, Kingdom Hall, etc tells me to? Those odds suck. I'm not playing that game, and surrendering my own existential freedom based on a story with more holes in it than a whore house. It's not that I don't believe in a higher power. There's too much ordering the universe to believe in entropy. That said, I don't buy that organized religion has anything to do with my common sense moral reality or my spiritual integrity. If I'm wrong, that responsibility is mine alone. 

• Like 1

This is it folks, the here and the now, so make the best of it. I know it's scary but when you're gone, that's the end of it. The fear of being extinguished when you die is what most (successful) religions pray on, and who wouldn't join a religion that promises an after life? All you need do is throw away rational thought and accept some delusion.

The Age of Enlightenment or the Age of Reason (roughly all of the 18th century) was preceded by the Scientific Revolution where many laws of the universe were laid bare and it followed that there would be a lot of questions asked about religions and faith. Slowly faith was eroded with the option of facts and universal laws and truth. So with these tools you have a life time to ponder and come to grips with this absurd universe where it, and we, are simply stardust. Don't look to the after life, look to the now and govern your life accordingly.   

5 hours ago, datzenmike said:

This is it folks, the here and the now, so make the best of it. I know it's scary but when you're gone, that's the end of it. The fear of being extinguished when you die is what most (successful) religions pray on, and who wouldn't join a religion that promises an after life? All you need do is throw away rational thought and accept some delusion.

The Age of Enlightenment or the Age of Reason (roughly all of the 18th century) was preceded by the Scientific Revolution where many laws of the universe were laid bare and it followed that there would be a lot of questions asked about religions and faith. Slowly faith was eroded with the option of facts and universal laws and truth. So with these tools you have a life time to ponder and come to grips with this absurd universe where it, and we, are simply stardust. Don't look to the after life, look to the now and govern your life accordingly.   

I agree. There's something beyond this life. Growing up illegitimate (yes, I'm a bastard in soooooo many ways!) in a small Oklahoma town in the 1970s soured me long ago on organized religions. Mom would get asked out by highly respected members of the local churches (all married men) and after she turned them down they'd call her a slut. The men's wives would catch mom shopping and call her all sorts of awful names for "tempting" their husbands. It didn't help matters that yours truly had a Garfunkel blond-ish afro and Injun/redskin/Native Murican skin that got pretty brown in summer. I was suspected of having ties to a basketball American in the kindling. No such luck. Bio father was a drunk injun who was the city's cemetery caretaker. He left his mark on the world, specifically headstones he chipped whilst mowing the graveyard fully soused to the gills on firewater. He never lived more than six blocks from me, never paid any child support and spoke to me exactly three times from my earliest memories until I turned 19. There was a group of fine church going pillars of the town who'd sit at the Sinclair, wave me over, call me "boy" and asked me, "What's yer daddy's name, boy!?! Is it Rufus or Rastas!?!". All except for one old foul-mouthed, whiskey drinking, womanizing, drag racing WW2 vet who'd hand me a couple of quarters and tell me, "Son, go get you a coke and a candy bar and go home". Later, in my teen years, he put me to detailing cars on his buy/pay here lot, taught me to drive a three on the tree,  gave me booze and Playboys and told me to never judge anyone for how the dress or where they came from and especially never blame a child for something done by they parents. He was an honest businessman, treated everyone with courtesy, helped a lot of impoverished children during the holidays and was reviled by the religious folks for his love of whiskey and women which they would have forgiven had he just picked a church and titled 😉. I've found God many times in some of my fellow humans as well as extended time in the outdoors nevermind visits from folks who've departed this world but sometimes feel the need to convey information that has very often lifted me out of some very sad days. Not getting into that. Organized religion does a lot of good in the world but like any group of people bad apples turn up in the barrel, enough so to sour me on seeking out a congregation. 

Edited by a.d._510_n_ok
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
4 minutes ago, a.d._510_n_ok said:

I agree. There's something beyond this life. Growing up illegitimate (yes, I'm a bastard in soooooo many ways!) in a small Oklahoma town in the 1970s soured me long ago. Mom would get asked out by highly respected members of the local churches (all married men) and after she turned them down they'd call her a slut. The men's wives catch mom shopping and call her all sorts of awful names for "tempting" their husbands. It didn't help matters that yours truly had a Garfunkel blond-ish afro and Injun/redskin/Native Murican skin that got pretty brown in summer. I was suspected of having ties to a basketball American in the kindling. No such luck. Bio father was a drunk injun who was the city's cemetery caretaker. He left his mark on the world, specifically headstones he chipped whilst mowing the graveyard fully soused to the gills on firewater. He never lived more than six blocks from me, never paid any child support and spoke to me exactly three times from my earliest memories until I turned 19. There was a group of fine church going pillars of the town who'd sit at the Sinclair, wave me over, call me "boy" and asked me, "What's yer daddy's name, boy!?! Is it Rufus or Rastas!?!". All except for one old foul-mouthed, whiskey drinking, womanizing, drag racing WW2 vet who'd hand me a couple of quarters and tell me, "Son, go get you a coke and a candy bar and go home". Later, in my teen years, he put me to detailing cars on his buy/pay here lot, taught me to drive a three on the tree,  gave me booze and Playboys and told me to never judge anyone for how the dress or where they came from and especially never blame a child for something done by they parents. He was an honest businessman, treated everyone with courtesy, helped a lot of impoverished children during the holidays and was reviled by the religious folks for his love of whiskey and women which they would have forgiven had he just picked a church and titled 😉. I've found God many times in some of my fellow humans as well as extended time in the outdoors nevermind visits from folks who've departed this world but sometimes feel the need to convey information that has very often lifted me out of some very sad days. Not getting into that. Organized religion does a lot of good in the world but like any group of people bad apples turn up in the barrel, enough so to sour me on seeking out a congregation. 

You definitely summed up how early childhood experiences/traumas shaped up your view of the world. Hope things have worked out for you. Religions not matter which ones seem to have a fundamental set of rules for a civilized existence. The problem is the individuals interpretations and bending of the rules to fit a crazy idealigy. I would put the Hamas/Jewish differences not just to religious beliefs but shear jeleousy. One lives in a civilized prosperous society the other in a backwards shithole dependent on handouts for survival.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Rockman1 said:

@ datzenmike  Seance  I seen a ghost on the side of a road while driving truck. And one of my cousins seen my Grandfather standing at the foot of her bed in Michigan and He died in Florida! From now on "LIBERAL" I will take any thing you say with a grain or salt.  Good luck with your belief. STARDUST!

Didn't say anything about ghosts. Is there anything in Christianity teachings that says the souls of the dead come back to the living world to confound us? Missed that. When we can't explain something we resort to scissors to make a jigsaw piece fit the puzzle. Not going to tell you what you might have seen, you saw what you saw.   

11 hours ago, datzenmike said:

Everything goes, everything returns, the wheel of existence rolls for ever. Everything dies, everything blossoms anew; the year of existence runs on for ever. Everything breaks, everything is joined anew; the same house of existence builds itself for ever. Everything departs, everything meets again; the ring of existence is true to itself for ever. Existence begins in every instant, the ball There rolls around every Here. The middle is everywhere. The path of eternity is crooked.-Nietzsche 

8 hours ago, Rockman1 said:

@ datzenmike  Seance  I seen a ghost on the side of a road while driving truck. And one of my cousins seen my Grandfather standing at the foot of her bed in Michigan and He died in Florida! From now on "LIBERAL" I will take any thing you say with a grain or salt.  Good luck with your belief. STARDUST!

Damn, that's rough. Well, let's focus on small government, the 2nd Amendment and the fantastic lines of a 620.

• Like 1
7 hours ago, datzenmike said:

Didn't say anything about ghosts. Is there anything in Christianity teachings that says the souls of the dead come back to the living world to confound us? Missed that. When we can't explain something we resort to scissors to make a jigsaw piece fit the puzzle. Not going to tell you what you might have seen, you saw what you saw.   

Your statement of "Might" prove to me that your another one that will say you didn't seen what you saw! Even tho I don't remember seeing you setting the the truck! So don't tell me what I "MIGHT" have saw! STARDUST!

6 hours ago, paradime said:

$20 says this newb owns a burn barrel. 

I been on this site sense 2016. Just because I don't come on here spewing bull and because actually have a life. You have to spew bullshit to gain prominence on this site! Which is show-en by your "senior member" membership. I own a chipper would you like to see it!

• Haha 3

The topic at the top is "destruction of america" Well I give you two prime example of this datzenmike and paradime. Two people that would in my belief would cow down to any aggressor that take over this country with the statement (I was all ways on your side take that AK out of my face) Or (Yes I all ways believed in your Muslim religion). These are the type of people that have not one problem with grooming kid so they can be molested by the gays. Or teachers indoctrination so children walk lock step in the leftist or the rights Ideology ideas. All tho I don't practice religion I know the one thing it bring to the table is morals. Remember the topic "DESTRUCTION OF "THE REPUBLIC" AMERICA. These people will now be talked about as a third party.

39 minutes ago, Rockman1 said:

The topic at the top is "destruction of america" Well I give you two prime example of this datzenmike and paradime. Two people that would in my belief would cow down to any aggressor that take over this country with the statement (I was all ways on your side take that AK out of my face) Or (Yes I all ways believed in your Muslim religion). These are the type of people that have not one problem with grooming kid so they can be molested by the gays. Or teachers indoctrination so children walk lock step in the leftist or the rights Ideology ideas. All tho I don't practice religion I know the one thing it bring to the table is morals. Remember the topic "DESTRUCTION OF "THE REPUBLIC" AMERICA. These people will now be talked about as a third party.

Have I said anything offensive against you? For that matter did I call out you and your beliefs? I shouted out mine. Now you get defensive by offensively saying I would cow down to any aggressor, say I was always religious only when an advantage to me, and would support child grooming and molestation by gays? (pretty sure child molesters are not exclusively gay yet you paint them that way) If your beliefs (faith?) were true and unbreakable they would be proof against any differing opinion. There's room in my world for you, there should be room in your world for me. Morals? Is it moral to say what you just did about me or Paradime? Perhaps practice a little more tolerance toward others in general and gays in particular.   

3 hours ago, Rockman1 said:

Your statement of "Might" prove to me that your another one that will say you didn't seen what you saw! Even tho I don't remember seeing you setting the the truck! So don't tell me what I "MIGHT" have saw! STARDUST!

Since time began man has feared the unknown, the 'bump' in the night, that which prowls just outside the light of the camp fires and has populated it with imaginative things to explain it. I made sure not to tell you what you saw, I said:

10 hours ago, datzenmike said:

10,000 interweb points each for Paradime and Datzenmike for the trigger effect.

The points don't matter, It's the thought that counts.

Now, where is MikeRL411 with his spell checker? We could REALLY use it on this page.

• Haha 3
13 hours ago, Rockman1 said:

I been on this site sense 2016. Just because I don't come on here spewing bull and because actually have a life. You have to spew bullshit to gain prominence on this site! Which is show-en by your "senior member" membership. I own a chipper would you like to see it!

"I don't come on here spewing bull", oh really, and I'll bet you think your shit doesn't stink too. Well sparky, your lack of insight is impressive, but thanks for the laughs anyway.

With 16 comments since 2016, your contribution to this site is most definitely newbe. Calling out Mike proves my point that you have no F'n clue about what's happening in this forum. Next time, if you've got something to say here, before flying into a myopic tirade because you disagree with what others are saying, put on your big britches, curb your enthusiasm, and stop acting like you're the ultimate authority on the validity of anyone's personal beliefs. If you'd shared your differing opinion with respect, you might not become the next burn barrel ass hat punchline around here. 

Edited by paradime
1 hour ago, paradime said:

"I don't come on here spewing bull", oh really, and I'll bet you think your shit doesn't stink too. Well sparky, your lack of insight is impressive, but thanks for the laughs anyway.

With 16 comments since 2016, your contribution to this site is most definitely newbe. Calling out Mike proves my point that you have no F'n clue about what's happening in this forum. Next time, if you've got something to say here, before flying into a myopic tirade because you disagree with what others are saying, put on your big britches, curb your enthusiasm, and stop acting like you're the ultimate authority on the validity of anyone's personal beliefs. If you'd shared your differing opinion with respect, you might not become the next burn barrel ass hat punchline around here. 

Seems like kind of an overly prickly response for you. I am a believer in freedom of speech and you are free to makes sense or make an ass of yourself and for me I read someone's asshat posts I just move on. I figure others reach the same conclusions. 

As far as ghosts? I used to have to stand watch on a ship solo that served as a troop carrier during WW2 and had refrigerated holds for bringing bodies back. I had to make hourly bilge checks and going into the bowels of the ship I will just say that fucker was chock full of ghosts. 

4 hours ago, bottomwatcher said:

Seems like kind of an overly prickly response for you. I am a believer in freedom of speech and you are free to makes sense or make an ass of yourself and for me I read someone's asshat posts I just move on. I figure others reach the same conclusions. 

As far as ghosts? I used to have to stand watch on a ship solo that served as a troop carrier during WW2 and had refrigerated holds for bringing bodies back. I had to make hourly bilge checks and going into the bowels of the ship I will just say that fucker was chock full of ghosts. 

17 hours ago, Rockman1 said:

I don't see this as a simple ass hatter maneuver that should be swept under the run, and move on. This is a personal attack on Mike's and my moral convictions for expressing our own personal beliefs about organized religion. Judge it as you like, but I fought my way out of a religious cult for my freedom, so you can believe that I take this kinda shit talk seriously. If someone calls me out, or someone I care about like that, you can trust that I'll come guns blazing. If they're looking for appeasement to keep the peace, they'll find none here. 

I don't believe in ghosts, so maybe that's why I've never seen one. Either that, or maybe it's because I'm blind. Thank God for small favors. 😜

Edited by paradime