Payco

Hi guys. Just signed up from the UK. I have been a long term Nissan/Datsun fan. Just purchased my first 510. Sourced a nice cactus green 1971 1600 SSS Coupe from the private collection in South Africa. Shes being shipped over so will be with me in 8 weeks. Photos to follow. Very excited about joining the community.

Martin

• Like 4
  • Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the warm welcome Guys. She's coming from the Datsun Heritage centre in SA. Can someone tell me how to attach photos and  I will share..  I am going to keep her as original as possible as she is pretty complete, however I will lower her somewhat and I am trying fast to learn the process and best route of doing this.

1 hour ago, Payco said:

Thanks for the warm welcome Guys. She's coming from the Datsun Heritage centre in SA. Can someone tell me how to attach photos and  I will share..  I am going to keep her as original as possible as she is pretty complete, however I will lower her somewhat and I am trying fast to learn the process and best route of doing this.

How rare were the cactus green coupes ?. I cant seem to find too many examples in this colour.

Welcome to Ratsun!  We had LOTS of Cactus Green 2dr & 4dr SEDANS (we never got the Coupe, but lots imported here) & Wagons here in the states, don't think I've ever seen a CG 2dr Coupe!  There is a permanently posted (pinned) thread at the top of the General Discussion on how to post pics here on the forum.......you need to host them on a website & then post them here!

• Like 1

Guys. Admist my searching through this great forum I have found the car I have just purchased from South Africa. The registration matches so its definitely the SSS I have brought. Can anyone shed any light on the cars history or point me to the previous owners. Its the cactus green coupe on page 25 of the below thread photographed at a meet or show.

Don't know. I'm just learning but have matched the plate on the car ad I just purchased to the one in the photo and its the same car. Aerial is the same so its the same car for sure. Just curious to find out if anyone knows its background etc. Thanks again. Plate is XL D045 GP.

5 hours ago, Payco said:

Guys. Admist my searching through this great forum I have found the car I have just purchased from South Africa. The registration matches so its definitely the SSS I have brought. Can anyone shed any light on the cars history or point me to the previous owners. Its the cactus green coupe on page 25 of the below thread photographed at a meet or show.

I stand corrected - I guess I have seen a green coupe before then... : )

wpid-img_20110807_105111.jpg?w=873

wpid-img_20110807_104929.jpg?w=873

• Like 2
12 hours ago, Payco said:

There is a group on Facebook called "Behind the wheel of a 510 Datsun"  and the guy that is the admin is from South Africa.  I believe there are a few other members from there as well.  You may be able to join, post up pictures of your car and ask.  Maybe it'll lead to some info for you.

Welcome to the group by the way 🙂  Nice car; I've always wondered what a Coupe would look like in Cactus Green.

• Like 1

I agree and fortunately the ones on the car now are much better. Will try and host some photos on here in time. I am having issues posting photos so if one of you kind gents would PM an e-mail can I send them to you and then you can post for me. I would buy you a beer but I am on the other side of the pond.

I don't know the offset for the 510 but I imagine zero? on a 6" wide rim would work. Someone will know. Always make the rim fit the car, not the car fit the rim. Looks are a far second to proper fit. Know what will fit before falling in love.

• Like 1