Where Can I find Datsun Parts for L521?

jonaaldas

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

33 minutes ago, jonaaldas said:

Hello guys I have a 520 pick up truck from 1970. Rather than ebay does anybody know where I can find more OEM parts? 
Thanks

Most will say get a donor but thats not always possible....

Classifieds here and Facebook are good source... 

There are couple companies out there 

http://www.new-datsun-parts.com/datsun-pickup-parts.html

Like there.... 520 and the 521 don't have too much support out there.....

But there is more available now over 10 years ago....

I use this site to find oem part number then start crossreferencing...

https://www.carpartsmanual.com/datsun/pickup-1965-1972

• Like 1

Welcome Jon.....there's load of parts availability on this forum so you've come to the right place...

Is yours an early '70 /'69 with the pushrod engine?

As always these humans need pics of your latest conquest.

Vicdat

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, vicdat said:

Welcome Jon.....there's load of parts availability on this forum so you've come to the right place...

Is yours an early '70 /'69 with the pushrod engine?

As always these humans need pics of your latest conquest.

Vicdat

Hello Vicdat thanks!
Here are some pics. My dad used the car to work in construction for a couple of years but he retired and gave it to me so It's my job to restore it. 

https://imgur.com/a/5v01LYa (Here is a full album of pics)
As you can see the car need A LOT of work. I am going to restore it. Some pics have arrows that are some of the parts I am looking for. Front grill, door handles, all three mirrors etc. 
Also if you can give me more details about the car would be nice. I am trying  to learn as much as possible about this car. Thanks.

• Like 3
16 minutes ago, Crashtd420 said:

Most will say get a donor but thats not always possible....

Classifieds here and Facebook are good source... 

There are couple companies out there 

http://www.new-datsun-parts.com/datsun-pickup-parts.html

Like there.... 520 and the 521 don't have too much support out there.....

But there is more available now over 10 years ago....

I use this site to find oem part number then start crossreferencing...

https://www.carpartsmanual.com/datsun/pickup-1965-1972

Thank you i will check it out

• Like 1

Well you will need that door handle....

Fyi try to visually look at the parts you need verses what someone is selling...

Places like rock auto or parts stores tend to lump these trucks together and the parts aren't always right depending on the year....

• Like 1

Welcome

As you live in Ecuador parts might become an issue, save what you have, we here in the USA didn't get the truck you have there in your country, the mirrors were put on by the dealer so there are a lot of different types, we didn't get them side marker lights,  we didn't get them front marker/turn signal or rear tail lights either.

You need to search Ebay everyday, a lot of the smaller parts show up there and they ship worldwide, the rust issues you have will need to be taken care of where you live, cut out the bad areas and replace them with good metal, good luck with your project.

• Like 1

Welcome to the board! Good looking truck you have there, looks to have great foundation on which to build on. How does it run? It looks like you need to pick up a couple blinkers and work on your fender / rear bed a little and you will be good to go!

16 minutes ago, banzai510(hainz) said:

Ted in Washington will have some 520 parts for sure

Ted and I need to become friends LOL

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Crashtd420 said:

I know it may seem ruff to you but it looks good to me....

Truck has tons of character the way it is....

To what level you trying to restore?

Running driving or completely straight and painted up?

Completely. I already have a shop where somebody is going to peal all the paint. Fix the rust and bake paint the car. It runs good. there is no problems with the engine. I just bought a steering wheel $295 OEM. So i am still searching for more parts. 
Thank You I love this car 😄

• Like 3
2 hours ago, wayno said:

Welcome

As you live in Ecuador parts might become an issue, save what you have, we here in the USA didn't get the truck you have there in your country, the mirrors were put on by the dealer so there are a lot of different types, we didn't get them side marker lights,  we didn't get them front marker/turn signal or rear tail lights either.

You need to search Ebay everyday, a lot of the smaller parts show up there and they ship worldwide, the rust issues you have will need to be taken care of where you live, cut out the bad areas and replace them with good metal, good luck with your project.

Happy to be apart of this community. 😄
The car is in Ecuador I live in the USA. I travel back in forth so I can check the car and everything plus my brother is helping as well. So the car came with no side mirrors? 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, jonaaldas said:

Happy to be apart of this community. 😄
The car is in Ecuador I live in the USA. I travel back in forth so I can check the car and everything plus my brother is helping as well. So the car came with no side mirrors? 

They didn't come with mirrors or the box, that stuff was installed here in the USA, it had to do with tax breaks.

A lot of the parts you are looking for I have seen on ebay, finding some of them in good condition will take time, if you buy parts do you have a US address or would they need to be shipped to Ecuador?

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, wayno said:

They didn't come with mirrors or the box, that stuff was installed here in the USA, it had to do with tax breaks.

A lot of the parts you are looking for I have seen on ebay, finding some of them in good condition will take time, if you buy parts do you have a US address or would they need to be shipped to Ecuador?

I have a US address so I am good in that part. All i wanted was if anybody knew any other places to find parts online rather than eBay. I just got a steering wheel so I am happy lol
What box?
Thanks for your support

• Like 1
21 minutes ago, jonaaldas said:

I have a US address so I am good in that part. All i wanted was if anybody knew any other places to find parts online rather than eBay. I just got a steering wheel so I am happy lol
What box?
Thanks for your support

I am talking about the box on the back of the truck, it has a cab and a cargo box, they didn't get shipped to the USA with a box, that was made?? and put on here in the USA.

• Like 1
21 hours ago, jonaaldas said:

Hello guys I have a L521 pick up truck from 1970.  where I can find more OEM parts? 
Thanks

welcome to the form, start here for your search on 521 parts >> https://ratsun.net/classifieds/

I don't read all the threads but can you post up pic's of your 521, thanks a bunch 

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...