I'm back....check out my newest Datto score! F10 sportswagon

Many bad things have happened in my life since I was last active couple years back... 4 deaths(
almost blind father is dead now...no more ridiculous administrator issues with too large of text in posts), eviction, Natzi-like city code enforcement, health problems, trucks/parts stolen, tools stolen, lost my 10y/o companion dog, lots more bad I won't mention. 

But.....I'm still the same old Harlow. I have been in hiding as act of pure survival. I haven't even been driving a Datsun for the past year++!! The 80 D-50(mitsubishi) I got on 420trade has been a stellar performer~~2.0/4speed 32+mpg in town! I drive everything like I stole it. If I wasn't a full fledged datsunwhacko I'd keep it around-can't say one bad thing about it. I have an absolutely wonderful new companion(4y/o now).....MOOO! She is truly my best friend/life line....irreplaceable! My datsun sickness has been in remission but it's back with a vengence. Tried to get the 78'510 wagon in hood river but someone beat me to it...bastard. CL ad expired but guy still had it....had $$ but sold day b4. I still want it & a 411 wagon but I did just score a bitchin' 78 F10 Sportswagon. It is not home yet....transport mon-tues. Might just drive it home if no glaring issues after fresh gas,battery,couple prayers. It's a solid low miles unadulterated original....thank god nobody ruined the patina with rattle-can primer or the worst.....baseball bat fender arch destruction attempting to cure improper wheel offset/width! Very glad nobody hung rearview mirrors on the perfect fenders. People do horrible things to Datsuns! I'm the 3rd owner....will b putting it thru it's paces very soon. Had an 82 sentra 2dsedan that I regretted selling.....F10 is front wh drive A14 4speed but still has the earlier 70's look. going to have to do some research to see what it takes to swap in later 5sp-ca18 or sentra diesel.....lightwt car should really fly with HP and suspension tweeks. Anybody in pacwest have parts/pcs info about the F10? If so send me a note. I'm often very slow responding to messages......I RARELY answer/talk on the phone(have impaired hearing-speech impediment). I am going to make it to Canby this year(Canby or Bust)....driving a bonafide Datsun. Had to hide riding in moms lexus suv last time! Hey Wayno! Like that flatbed on cl,still have my Luv fenders 4 dually 520. Denmarkboy!!....you still doing that Clay creek roundup? I STILL need my titles for the 520's. Where did u move to? Still sportin' the lil hooker? What color is it now? Rhino still in Glenwoood? That white 521 Al sold me still in your yard(twin of the canby truck)? I'm sure most of the local clan is probably active if I dig thru the forums and say HEY.....still see that red 510 off Centennial here in springfield(I always jab the throttle or honk when I drive by)-forget your name sorry. Draker(Craig!) probably still has the nice wagon....

I could ramble on but I've got to get my day started~~never enuf hours in the day no-matter how I slice it.

Howdy again all you datsun freeks n' geeks. I dont feel quite so "whacko" with y-all around. I will try and start a post about the F10 asap. Forum topics exclude the F10~no pull tab in other datsuns like the d21.....sure just an oversight. Where should I post stuff about it? I'll bet ol' Dmike will chime in @ some point and point me in the 'accepted' direction. Will be nice hearing from/seeing you guys again.....sorry I was gone so long. :)   H_____

Edited by datsunwhacko520
typo fix x2
  • Like 4
  • Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Type F10 Ratsun into google...or... Datsuns and other Nissans forum. Len Robertson had one but he passed away last fall. I don't know what happened to it. HRH is rarely here but is over at NWD and would know.

• Like 1

This car was about an hour and a half from me posted it on Facebook with pics I got from the owner for friends to see it was a good deal at $300 I couldn't take on having more Datsun since I have 5 already and need to fix what I got.  I've seen that car here in Medford once before.  The original color of that car is Orange if you looked at the interior it's orange and some of the paint is chipping away.  It had painted bumpers and red hub caps but looked like a nice car to start with.  Did the owner ever get the driver door fixed?  He mentioned it did not close.

Well. It took all day yesterday but I got it home. I dumped in 5 gal of clear premium and a new Walmart 890amp battery, filled up the float bowl and she hit and ran.  I limped along 5 miles with a near flat tire to the nearest gas station filled up got air but spotted rt rear tire was about to blow apart(cords/cvasing ruptured). My F-10 must of came with the special spare tire delete option only offered on factory race cars......no spare underneath! Unfortunately no-one had a 13" tire in Prospect.....or in Shady cove. I was puckered every mile of the way especially when it tossed off part of the tire leaving Shady cove but miraculously the tire held together 40 miles to the nearest WalMart in Eagle point. . I just about blew my top dealing with the yahoos at Wal-Mart. I know they have liability concerns but they would only sell me 2 tires because 175-75 was bigger than 165-75-13.......I had to go searching thru their inventory after they said they didn't have any 13' tires. I found 5 in less than 5 min. I was about to buy two 4-lug $80 boat trailer wh/tires......odot be damned. So with 2 marginal at best tires on the front and 2 new on the rear I resumed my trek northbound. Car had a noticeable ex leak by the firewall but not bad. I jumped on I5 and was be-boppin' along @ 70 before I knew it. 80hp! Even on long hard decelleration not a puff out the pipe then I got back in it! The car wanted to go after 3 years of sitting! I forgot to bungee the door leaving the sevenfeathers truck stop......5 miles down the road I realized the door had latched...whooo whooo I didn't fall out! Now the trunk doesnt latch...lube it and it will close. I had to excercise self control keeping it below 75 with the may-pops up front.....really junk tires. Roseburg was in my mirror when the ex donut/gasket spit out a chunk and the ride became much noiserier. I powered on and after near 10 hours 350+(roundtrip) miles, I pulled into the drive @ 10:30 last night. I have to get phone charged and figure out the photo bucket thing to get more pics uploaded. I am getting a late start today but I'll keep ya-all posted. I'm grinning ear to ear.....I can't wait to get 100% roadworthy and see what she can really do!

• Like 3

If you take only the rim in and ask for a tire you should be free of that nonsense. Or buy a tire and mount it yourself or take somewhere else to mount. 'Liability' sounds like a great way to sell you two of something you don't want. I de rimmed and mounted all my tires by hand. Had to pay to balance.

On 4/14/2019 at 5:41 AM, datsunwhacko520 said:

Many bad things have happened in my life since I was last active couple years back... 4 deaths(
almost blind father is dead now...no more ridiculous administrator issues with too large of text in posts), eviction, Natzi-like city code enforcement, health problems, trucks/parts stolen, tools stolen, lost my 10y/o companion dog, lots more bad I won't mention. 

But.....I'm still the same old Harlow. I have been in hiding as act of pure survival. I haven't even been driving a Datsun for the past year++!! The 80 D-50(mitsubishi) I got on 420trade has been a stellar performer~~2.0/4speed 32+mpg in town! I drive everything like I stole it. If I wasn't a full fledged datsunwhacko I'd keep it around-can't say one bad thing about it. I have an absolutely wonderful new companion(4y/o now).....MOOO! She is truly my best friend/life line....irreplaceable! My datsun sickness has been in remission but it's back with a vengence. Tried to get the 78'510 wagon in hood river but someone beat me to it...bastard. CL ad expired but guy still had it....had $$ but sold day b4. I still want it & a 411 wagon but I did just score a bitchin' 78 F10 Sportswagon. It is not home yet....transport mon-tues. Might just drive it home if no glaring issues after fresh gas,battery,couple prayers. It's a solid low miles unadulterated original....thank god nobody ruined the patina with rattle-can primer or the worst.....baseball bat fender arch destruction attempting to cure improper wheel offset/width! Very glad nobody hung rearview mirrors on the perfect fenders. People do horrible things to Datsuns! I'm the 3rd owner....will b putting it thru it's paces very soon. Had an 82 sentra 2dsedan that I regretted selling.....F10 is front wh drive A14 4speed but still has the earlier 70's look. going to have to do some research to see what it takes to swap in later 5sp-ca18 or sentra diesel.....lightwt car should really fly with HP and suspension tweeks. Anybody in pacwest have parts/pcs info about the F10? If so send me a note. I'm often very slow responding to messages......I RARELY answer/talk on the phone(have impaired hearing-speech impediment). I am going to make it to Canby this year(Canby or Bust)....driving a bonafide Datsun. Had to hide riding in moms lexus suv last time! Hey Wayno! Like that flatbed on cl,still have my Luv fenders 4 dually 520. Denmarkboy!!....you still doing that Clay creek roundup? I STILL need my titles for the 520's. Where did u move to? Still sportin' the lil hooker? What color is it now? Rhino still in Glenwoood? That white 521 Al sold me still in your yard(twin of the canby truck)? I'm sure most of the local clan is probably active if I dig thru the forums and say HEY.....still see that red 510 off Centennial here in springfield(I always jab the throttle or honk when I drive by)-forget your name sorry. Draker(Craig!) probably still has the nice wagon....

I could ramble on but I've got to get my day started~~never enuf hours in the day no-matter how I slice it.

Howdy again all you datsun freeks n' geeks. I dont feel quite so "whacko" with y-all around. I will try and start a post about the F10 asap. Forum topics exclude the F10~no pull tab in other datsuns like the d21.....sure just an oversight. Where should I post stuff about it? I'll bet ol' Dmike will chime in @ some point and point me in the 'accepted' direction. Will be nice hearing from/seeing you guys again.....sorry I was gone so long. :)   H_____

Boy I figured I'd hear some groans or chuckles about my baseball bat comment......:)

• Like 1
On 4/14/2019 at 8:27 PM, Draker said:

Oh shit, Harlow sighting. Hope things are well.

Can't wait to see the f10. Not many of those kicking around.

Sorry craig.....yours is a four door sedan. My bad. Wanna race?

31 minutes ago, datzenmike said:

Loose the Orange. Looks like something from A&W...

Image result for a&w

Good shape though....

Would look better if whole car was orange....wish had not been painted different color. I am colorblind for real....didnt realize wheels are different color than car. I initially thought color was stock....but it is not. Bumpers that color from factory but do have roll of 6"wide black elec tape might cover up the orange. Just scored set 14" Western Turbines....B on it soon.

• Haha 2
1 hour ago, datzenmike said:

Loose the Orange. Looks like something from A&W...

Image result for a&w

Good shape though....

Would look better if whole car was orange....wish had not been painted different color. I am colorblind for real....didnt realize wheels are different color than car. I initially thought color was stock....but it is not. Bumpers that color from factory but do have roll of 6"wide black elec tape might cover up the orange. Just scored set 14" Western Turbines....B on it soon. Fixed ex leak. was missing 2 of 3 nuts on flange ex manifold to pipe47679031371_6c651317d4_m.jpg47679031981_5218c2b4fd_m.jpg47679072761_f28c76a52e_m.jpg

• Like 1
On 4/23/2019 at 11:24 AM, KoHeartsGPA said:

Nice ride, Harlow, thanks for the pics 👍

On 4/23/2019 at 11:24 AM, KoHeartsGPA said:

Nice ride, Harlow, thanks for the pics 👍

I need to go buy an industrial sized bucket of elbow grease but it will really clea n up well. As is had guy stop and offer 2 buy took pics when I was doing a landscaping job yesterday~Burned up 30+ min of valuable daylight right @ dusk. I wish I could keep all of them 520-620-720-wagons-sedans-Z cars..need 80x200 shop with climate control to start stashing them in. Lock door and keep them all 4 myself! Picked up small sun tach should fit in dash pocket on f10. ANYBODY have F10 service manual info parts etc? New calipers rotorscv axle assy big alternator,egr/air pump delete...original owner loved it and took care of it. Bought the correct weber adapter couple days ago. My white truck as a dynamite weber but need to see what to do about air cleaner assy. bonnet clearance. dont think i can fit my usual 14 x4 inch housing. Need cheap 185-60-14's for the turbines.will post pics on car with the 215-60-14s(tooo much tire~obtuse looking~know will scrub off speed). ANYBODY HAVE CENTERCAPS?Workin' on bringing home a 510 2d....maybe this weekend will have more info.Never even ridden in a 510 before but I'm sure I will take right to it. 6-7 year old batteryin F10 took charge, passed my load test routine. NEED h4 headlight housings....trade good outdoor. Anybody local want 2 buy the new Walmart battery...890amps really spins the A14! I have a 10 year old optima that still crankin' for a back-up, don't want new batt to sit go to shit. Anybody local have 32-36 38-38 cores 4 cheap?

Pics update....ancient flipphone took a dump. Iphone later today I hope......then I'll have more pics to upload. Beautiful day today....should go fishing. Bambi is probably still in velvet. Craving back strap/canned venison.B fun to drain clip or 2 in the 1911 .45acp.....buddy gave me box of ammo couple weeks ago.

F10 happy to be rolling again....215-60-14's are tooo big with wheel offset but I think found cheap 185-60-14's. Slight rub rear body roll. 

IMG_0005

IMG_0006IMG_0012IMG_0013IMG_0014IMG_0019

IMG_0025IMG_0034IMG_0035IMG_0039IMG_0040IMG_0041IMG_0043IMG_0022IMG_0036IMG_0037IMG_0017IMG_0016IMG_0010IMG_0007IMG_0069IMG_0065IMG_0064IMG_0021IMG_0019IMG_0011IMG_0054IMG_0051IMG_0008

510 as it looks after transport...already looking better after partial scrub. I think it is pretty sweet. Fresh gas,clutch slave,carb/alt install and I'll have it going. Will need struts too I think. 2.0 4sp with 3.3 rear, should have some legs when snuffed up. REALLY reminds me of my 81 wh/blu 720. You can actually scratch your butt while sitting in it without banging your elbows(F10 very small drivers compartment). More to tell but I have to go tidy up the car lot in my driveway.....The F10 has neasrly 1000miles on it since I drove it out of the weeds. Had runnin' really nice but bit of junk in primary circuit of carb killed my perfect idle. Weber waiting. TOOOO MANY miles bucking on shoulder of road/carb cleaning @3am wal mart p-lot--------Hitachi carbs be damned(720's)I know it will snort with a good weber. I gotta go......

• Like 2