'86 KC 4x4 fender liners

MaddieCycle

Both of the fender liners are not doing so hot on my truck.  Passenger side is completely shredded and the prior owner zip tied them in place.  Exposed on the passenger side are two high pressure lines; A/C and power steering, both seem to be floating in this area, without any kind of brace, which is surprising and I assume there used to be something there and it is gone.  I can fabricate something but was wondering what is supposed to be there.  Also, have not been able to find a source for replacement fender liners.  None on e-bay, no trucks in local yards.

Any ideas? Thanks!

• Like 1
  • Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't throw them away. They are what we McGyvers call "patterns".  Unless you are totally anal about using factory parts, just get some 1/8" neoprene rubber sheet, cut out some new ones, and install. I generally use rivets instead of those pathetic little plastic body fasteners.

• Like 3
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Noice!

Sometimes just taking a crack at things is the best option even if it goes wrong.  A failure on something like this isnt catastrophic just annoying.  But looks like you nailed it.

• Like 1

I used rolled rubber sheeting from Home Depot.  I think it’s for under a (carpet) runner and sold by the foot.

i had a template that someone sent me for a 2wd truck.  I made a couple of mods for more coverage, but the shape is really close to OEM.

i opened the holes up a hair and used GM plastic push rivets to hold it in place, as that’s how they were originally installed.

We’ll see how they hold up!

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, CicliDevotion said:

I used rolled rubber sheeting from Home Depot.  I think it’s for under a (carpet) runner and sold by the foot.

i had a template that someone sent me for a 2wd truck.  I made a couple of mods for more coverage, but the shape is really close to OEM.

i opened the holes up a hair and used GM plastic push rivets to hold it in place, as that’s how they were originally installed.

We’ll see how they hold up!

You and I were on the same page - even with the rivets. Opened holes to 1/4” and the cheap GM rivets work great

• Like 1